Recently, it has become very popular to build a house "with their own hands."It is not only profitable, but also nice: it gives one more reason to be proud of yourself. And lovers of mysticism argue that such a house will have a special positive aura. But leave the lyrics. Quite real advantages are obvious - you decide how to have rooms in the house and, of course, save a lot on the labor force.
Foam blocks have a number of advantages over other building materials. The set of the following characteristics makes this material versatile:
- Environmental safety, no toxicity.
- Large size, which contributes to the faster construction of walls.
- If necessary, the material is easily cut with a hacksaw.
- If you conceive a multi-complex project involving the combined use of building materials, the foam block will be very useful, because it is easily combined with most types of building materials.
- Thanks to the porous structure, the foam concrete has the ability to "breathe", while retaining heat. You will not freeze in winter and all year round your house will be filled with light, not stagnant air.
- Soundproof qualities.
- Ease. Due to its low density, the material is not very heavy. This means that you do not need to sweat for weeks, trying to establish a strong foundation.
Development of the project
You should start with the plan for placing the house on the site. Identify the sunniest and shady sides. It should be borne in mind that by providing large windows on the side of the sun, you will provide several rooms with increased illumination and heat. On the basis of what financial opportunities you have, think over the dimensions of the future home. The 9 × 9 project is a typical, most popular option. Such dimensions make it convenient to arrange rooms on the first and second floors. Below is an example of the first floor plan.
This plan provides for the location on the west wing of the first floor( in the sequence shown, from the south to the north) of the boiler room, bathroom, hall and hallway or vestibule. The right wing represents one huge room, with a conditional separation( without a wall in the center) into the kitchen-dining room( southern part) and the living room( western part of the room).
In an individual project, you can include everything that fantasy craves - an attached garage, a functional basement where you can place a workshop, a private office, a hobby room or a whole gym. Now the attic is very fashionable on the second floor. For those who do not know, the attic is something like a residential attic, arranged in houses with a mansard roof. By the type of residential structures that we used to see in Hollywood films, where they often show a family living in a two-story house, where the attic is almost always the room of a teenager. You do not need these cliches, so you can arrange anything in the attic - a billiard room, a library, a trophy room, a room for storing the collection, if you are interested in collecting something.
In the picture below you will find another version of the first floor project, more detailed, with the elaboration of some interior elements, household items, furniture.
When designing a project, consider several nuances:
- It is best, in the course of work, from time to time consult a professional architect, showing him his drawings.
- It is necessary to analyze the composition of the soil, determine the depth of groundwater;it would be nice even to ask experts to conduct a geological examination.
- If the type of soil on your site is defined as hefty , consider the moment of foundation warming. Soil has a feature that will expand at too low temperatures, so the foundation will be pressured, which can cause cracks in the foundation and even the subsequent destruction of its individual segments.
Stages of project development:
1. Calculate the thickness of the walls. Building norms assume that a 10 mm clutch can withstand a mass of 10 tonnes. Determine the weight of roofing materials, overlappings. Since the foam concrete has high thermal insulation properties, 300 mm thick walls are enough for your comfort. Such walls will not yield to the brickwork in strength and at the same time will surpass it by preserving heat.
2. Collect the family council. Let everyone express their wishes for the number of rooms they want to see in the new house and how they would like to be located. Try not to offend anyone, while taking into account practical moments: the elderly people's rooms should be on the ground floor, if you have a large family, it would be advisable to make two bathrooms, etc. Find a modern computer program for design. Having understood it, you should not only simplify the process of drawing up a project and calculate all the necessary quantities( quantity of construction materials, overall parameters, etc.), but also arrange a real walk through your future home, having thoroughly examined every millimeter of the developed and createdartificial intelligence of three-dimensional space. Thus, you can find out whether your plan really creates a comfortable home. In the figure below you will see an example of a virtual project of the first floor.
3. Think carefully about the location of windows and doorways. Be sure to mark them in the project drawing. Turn on the fantasy. Try to imagine how lighted the rooms will be, how convenient it will be for them to move around.
4. A very important point is the staircase to the second floor. It can be straight or curved. The latter option will save space, which is important. It is desirable that the steps are not too high. There were errors, thanks to which it was difficult for the young man to climb the second floor on the stairs without the help of hands.
5. Select the type of roofing material. Do not forget - most of the heat leaves the shelter through the roof;take care of its multi-layer insulation.
6. Floors must be warm. To do this, you can use traditional, customary methods, and innovative methods, including safe electrical heating.
There are many options, it all depends on your financial capabilities. Often, for exterior decoration of the facade, choose siding, tiles or facing bricks. Recently, the facade plaster is very popular. This material creates for the house additional heat and soundproof protection. In the interior decoration, the range of possible materials is infinitely wide - from plasterboard to tile. Here you should focus on your personal taste and also on practicality and aesthetic appeal. Below is another version of the project and a photo of the finished house.
Your project should take into account the convenient location of the water supply system, the sewage system, electricity and gas supply, ventilation ducts, in general, all the elements of communications required in the home of a modern person.
The last stage is the development of the landscape design of your site. Decide on the location of economic buildings. You can build an arbor, a bathhouse, a building for livestock, a plot for a vegetable garden and a garden. Do not forget to comply with fire and health standards.