- 1 9 tips on how to equip a small room
- 2 How to decorate a small room photo
A small room is always associated with a lack of space. Unsuccessful planning can cause a tight and cluttered appearance. But it's easy to fix. Even the smallest and most uncomfortable room can be made comfortable and functional with these simple tips and photo examples. In addition, you have a great opportunity to experiment and create your own unique interior. And for the room of your favorite children, read how to decorate the children's room, even if it is small.
9 tips on how to equip a small room
1. Color. The right choice of colors can visually increase the space, so try to pick up the paint for walls and ceiling in light colors( white, beige, gray, blue, light green).This rule applies to wallpaper. Designers recommend choosing wallpapers with fine ornaments, and abandoning large drawings. The floor covering should be slightly darker, but not too much, otherwise the room will appear low. Try to adhere to monochrome in the room: various interior items( furniture upholstery, table and chairs), made in one color, visually expand the space, the multicolor creates the opposite effect. See our article what colors are combined in the interior of the room better.
2. Curtains. If there are large windows in a small room, then the curtains are better to hang around the edges, then they will seem even bigger. Choose long( to the floor) curtains and tulle in the same color scheme as the walls. Give preference to light flowing fabrics that do not weight the space and do not accentuate your attention. If possible, replace the dense curtains on the gas tulle. So the room will penetrate a maximum of light.
3. Make the most of space. Every piece of furniture, especially in a small room, must have its own purpose. Try to use it to the maximum. For example, a furniture wall is an excellent option for those who live in a one-room apartment. It does not take up much space and combines several types of furniture: a wardrobe, a bookcase, a chest of drawers, a TV cabinet, a mini-bar, shelves for souvenirs, photographs and other small things.
4. Multifunctional furniture. It is not necessary to approach the issue radically - to purchase a bed that turns into a wall, or a table that folds into a coffee table, especially since such innovative ideas of designers are not cheap. The most common and affordable way to save space is a sofa bed. At night it is a comfortable double bed, which is going to the morning in a full-fledged sofa, where you can receive guests. In addition, usually, under the cover of the sofa is a place for bed linen, blankets and pillows.
5. Reflective and transparent surfaces. Mirrors and other reflective elements of the interior can also visually enlarge the space and make the room lighter due to reflected light. It is desirable that the mirror is in front of the window. A cabinet with large mirrored doors or a wall with a mirror tile visually enlarges the room in half. Transparent interior items made of durable plastic, less often from glass,( for example, tables, chairs) allow you to visually expand the space. Furniture with transparent legs creates the effect of lightness and soaring. These simple ways allow you to efficiently furnish a small room in an apartment or house.
6. Zoning of premises. To make the room more functional, divide it into zones. For example, you need to separate the work area from the sleeper. Use different combinations of colors, divide space with screens, curtains or bookshelves. Use different light sources to create the illusion of two different rooms. Arrange furniture around the room so that it is accessible, and you can move around the room without hindrance. Remember: the more floor space will be free, the roomier the room will look.
7. Avoid the mess. This is especially noticeable in a small space. Do not "clutter up" the room with unnecessary things. Define your priorities: get rid of what you do not need, hide what will ever come in handy in cabinets and drawers, and for those things that you use constantly, determine the most accessible places.
8. More light. Natural and artificial light have the ability to expand space. Even if the window is large, try not to cover it with curtains. If the room is not on the sunny side, you can use the built-in light sources around the perimeter of the room. Chandelier choose a small, large will look ridiculous. Ceiling transparent chandelier - the most optimal option. See the article on how to choose lighting in the interior of rooms, this will help to achieve a visual increase in space and better equip a small room, the photos below illustrate this clearly.
9. Small furniture for a small room. Discard cumbersome interior items, especially if they do not carry a functional load. From large armchairs it is possible to refuse, replacing them with equally comfortable chairs. A small folding table is useful both for the reception of guests and for the home office. Luxurious corner sofa replace it with a more modest size. It is no less comfortable and takes up much less space.
Now our website repairs apartments with their own hands offers to see 15 photos on the compact arrangement of not large rooms.
How to decorate a small room photo
Do not be afraid to experiment and you will get no less exotic and beautiful, as well as on these 15 photo examples!