Bathing a child in the bathroom is not an easy task. It must be approached with all responsibility. To make the procedure of bathing children a little easier, came up with special children's mats for the bathroom. They are designed so that the child does not slip during the water procedures in the bathroom, that is, in order to make this process fun, not bodily harm. Such mats in many ways reduce the fear and fear of an adult about the fact that the child will fall. In addition, the rugs bring comfort and comfort to the bathroom. Thus, children's rugs are a convenient and useful thing for both children and adults.
Bathroom rug requirements for children
There are two main types of such rugs:
- under the bathroom;
- in the bathroom.
The first type is placed on the floor surface of the bathroom to leave the warm bath or the hydrobox, the child did not feel cold and wet floor, and also did not slip. The second type is placed directly on the bottom of the bath. They ensure the safety of children in the process of bathing.
All litter must meet the following requirements:
- They must not slip. This main requirement is provided by bulges and suckers on both sides of the rug. Suckers they suck on the surface of the bathroom or floor.
- Litter is required to warm the baby's legs, preventing them from contacting the cold floor and the bathroom.
- They should be fun. Colorfully and unusually decorated rugs with pictures of animals and toys will interest any kid, thus connecting a pleasant lesson with useful.
Children's mats or mats for the bathroom can be:
- with rubber;
- and made of foamed PVC.
Cotton litter models bring comfort and comfort to the bathroom. They give a feeling of warmth when you are on them, they are safe, easily absorbing moisture and quick-drying. Silicone coating on the reverse side will not let the rugs slide. They can be washed in a conventional washing machine.
Microfiber mats made from split polyester. They perfectly absorb moisture and have such a texture, which is very nice to be.
Another popular material for making a bath rug is rubber. The rubber products differ in their composition and types of rubbers, of which they are made. Therefore, the first thing to consider when buying rubber mats, is the composition. You can not buy such bedding, the manufacture of which used industrial rubber. Ensure that no harmful additives are present in the formulation.
All rubber mats have a number of advantages:
- Thanks to the suckers on the back they perfectly attach to the surface of the bathroom, and do not slip even if they are in the water for a long time.
- Do a foot massage.
- There are a huge number of shapes, colors and designs.
- Easy to clean and long to serve.
Rattan is used to make carpet mats. These mats look very interesting and have all the useful qualities of wooden products. They are warm and safe.
Acrylic mats also have a very soft and pleasant to the touch texture. Their main advantage is durability, which is due to the qualities of acrylic itself. Acrylic mats for a long time will not lose shape, color and initial appearance. They are characterized by antibacterial coating, which is applied by special solutions during production. When buying such rugs, it is better to choose those mats, whose composition is 85% acrylic and 15% polyester.
"Foam" or PVC-mats are made of foamed polyvinyl chloride. This material is sold in rolls in building supermarkets. In the composition of PVC there are no toxic elements capable of causing an allergic reaction. Such mats do not slip, are pleasant to the touch and unpretentious to use. They are not afraid of heat, cold, frequent use and even washing in a washing machine. PVC does not break, and for a long time keeps both shape and color. In addition, now you can find very bright models of PVC-rugs with an interesting surface, imitating the shape of the weave, patterns, etc., which make an ideal foot massage.
Bamboo is an environmentally friendly material with excellent ability to kill bacteria. Bamboo mats absorb water, and then evaporate it. For a long time they do not lose their qualities and appearance.
Not the last criterion when buying children's bedding is their design. Today it is easy to find a rug that would match your desires and harmonize with the interior of your bathroom. But it's much more important that a rug comes to your child's liking. A bright, colorful rug in the shape of animals and fairy-tale heroes or with their image will please your child and bring a game to the bathing process. This applies to both large and small children. For newborns, the bright and interesting design of the rug will also be a good source for learning, contributing to its active movement in the bathroom and development in general.
Mini-rugs are called small rubber or silicone products of various shapes with Velcro or suction cups. They can have forms of animals, fairy-tale heroes and objects. They can be stitched both on the bottom of the bathroom and on its sides. Such mini-rugs will be interesting, both to small children, and big. They will make the bathing process more fun. Some mini-mats have suckers on both sides. One side is for attaching to any surface, and the other is for a toy or bathroom accessories.
Such mats have characteristic notches on the ends. They consist of several parts, which need to be connected, resulting in a picture. Mats-puzzles are designed for children from 6 months, that is, those that already sit and possibly creep. They are for them a kind of educational toy. For the manufacture of rugs-puzzles, as a rule, only safe, heat-insulating, lightweight and durable materials are used. In the assembled parts there are no sharp corners and sharp smells. They do not break down and are easy to clean. They can be used both in the bathroom and just play with them in the children's room. The process of folding puzzles contributes to the development of attention, memory, intelligence and small motor skills of the child. He begins to distinguish colors, make decisions, and in general, will give him the opportunity to spend a lot of time. In the unassembled state, the puzzle pad occupies very little space.
An interesting invention was made by manufacturers of bathroom mats. They have released a collection of heated mats, equipped with a heating element, as which is absolutely safe for human flexible infrared film. The surface of such a rug is heated to 40 degrees, so it's simply impossible to get burned. Covering heated mats is a layer of high quality carpeting.
Tips for choosing
To buy a baby bath mat you need to take it seriously. After all, it is on him that your child's safety during bathing depends. Following is a set of some recommendations, following which you can confidently buy this product:
- The first parameter when buying a baby rug is the material and its quality. In this issue, you must first manage the age of your child, and then the functionality of the accessory. Textile models of rugs are not recommended for bathing children under 3 years old. For them it is better to choose either silicone or rubber mats of high quality. The presence of harmful additives in the content of the material, sharp odor and flushing paint is not acceptable. For more confidence you can ask the sellers for a quality certificate confirming the safety of the goods.
- The second quality, which must be at the mats - it's anti-slip coatings on both sides. On the side that will be laid on the floor or bottom of the bathroom, there must be suckers that will prevent the mat from moving. The reverse side should also be embossed so that the child does not slip on it. In addition, the relief surface massages the feet.
- Choose a soft and pleasant to the touch model. They must warm the baby's legs during and after taking water procedures.
- Another parameter to consider when buying this accessory is the size. Designed for a baby's newborn's bath, not suitable for a large child. Therefore, buy based on the age of the child.
- When buying mats, pay attention to those samples that depict your favorite heroes or animals. This will not only attract your child's attention, but can become his main companion in the bathroom.
- Some bath mats have antibacterial coating. They prevent the spread of bacteria, germs and ticks. It is better to give preference to such rugs.
- The presence of many functions is not necessary for a bath mat, but there are functions that can facilitate the process of bathing a child. For example, in some models for small children there are built-in backrests and handles. And some are equipped with thermo-plates, the color of which varies depending on the degree of water.
- Finally, it does not hurt if the selected mat fits into the interior style of your bathroom. As the rug should serve not one day, but the correctly chosen model will add comfort, new colors and perhaps a new highlight to the room.
How to use a baby rug?
- The mat should only be laid on a dry and clean floor and bath surface.
- After you bathe the baby, assemble the mat or parts of it and rinse them thoroughly. Textile and PVC mats can be washed in a washing machine. Rubber and silicone mats are best washed manually. Place them directly on the walls of the bathroom so that they dry out more quickly. Remember that the suction cups are attached weaker if there is soap left on them.