- 1 Tools and materials that are needed to create a self-made kitchen table
- 2 Stages of making the table yourself
- 3 Recommendations and features of making a kitchen table with your own hands
- 3.1 Ideas for making wooden tables, video
The table occupies the main place in the kitchen space. This important element is necessary for cooking and eating food. Making a kitchen table with your own hands - is simple work, but, like in all actions, in this case you will need certain skills and skills, as well as relevant materials and tools.
Today, almost any, even the most complex, woodworking equipment can be rented. What is very profitable and economical. In addition, materials also have an acceptable cost.
Thus, making a dining table with your own hands allows you to get a quality, unique and reliable product that meets personal aesthetic preferences and required dimensions at minimal cost.
Tools and materials that are needed to create a self-made kitchen table
When you make a kitchen table yourself, you may need different materials. Their choice depends on the design decision, type of construction and decoration. Materials for the table top and legs are compulsory.
To create a self-made table in the kitchen you need to purchase:
- Furniture plate having a thickness of 40-45 mm. Its width, as a rule, can be from 600 to 800 mm. The length is usually chosen according to one's own preferences. In standard versions it is from 1,200 to 1,400 mm;
- Square beam for the production of table legs. The most constructive options is a bar measuring 60x60 or 70x70 mm. You can also purchase ready-made curly legs in a store that specializes in such products. These products can be made of both wood and metal;
- Bar 40x40, having a length corresponding to the size of the countertop along the perimeter. This material will serve to impart rigidity to the entire structure.
If the whole table top is missing for some reason, then it can be replaced with a set of separate boards of suitable size. The boards must be glued together or otherwise connected.
To produce a dining table with your own hands, you will need the following tools:
- Hacksaw or electric jig saw;
- Electric drill, with a set of drills for work with wood;
- Grinding machine. It can be replaced by a special grinding head;
- Sandpaper of different granularity;
- Centimeter ruler, square, building measuring tape;
- Fastening elements, bolts, screws, nuts.
Stages of table production by yourself
The main stages of creating a kitchen table from wood with your own hands are:
- Table top manufacture;
- Mounting the reinforcing bar;
- Attaching the feet;
- Finishing and decoration;
- Paints and varnishes.
If there is no ready-made furniture plate, then the simplest and optimal solution for creating a table top will be a blank of glued beams. To do this, it is necessary:
- Saw the timber to the required dimensions. This will require electrical equipment;
- Carefully process and sand the mating surfaces;
- Using special glue to glue the workpieces and fix them with clamps, placing them on a flat surface. Leave until completely dry;
- Sand the finished block;
- Remove the chamfers and round the corners.
A table top decorated with tiles is very unusual and aesthetically pleasing. To create it, it is recommended to use a furniture tile or a block of solid wood.
- Remove part of the cavity of the countertop to a depth corresponding to the thickness of the tile. For this, a chisel or manual milling is suitable;
- On the perimeter leave a ledge 50-70 mm high;
- Glue the tile with glue onto the surface formed.
To ensure that the future table is strong enough, the bar is fastened around the perimeter of the table using self-tapping screws.
Before attaching the feet to them, drill holes 1 mm smaller than the thickness of the screws. Next to the legs fastened fittings. After that, the legs are fixed to the table top with special mounting hardware.
Paintwork should be carried out in several stages. The more layers are applied, the more beautiful the product will look.
This is one of the simplest models of a self-made kitchen table. In the video below you can get acquainted with the more complicated and interesting designI
Recommendations and features of making kitchen table by yourself
Before you make a kitchen table yourself, it is recommended to carefully think over all the elements and details that will be used in it, as well as technological solutions. The design phase responds to how beautiful and comfortable the table is.
The most important point is the manufacture of the countertop. It is recommended to carefully approach the issue of creating the most visible part of the product.
Installation of the reinforcing bar to the worktop must be carried out taking into account the exact marking. In addition, do not forget to leave a certain distance to fasten the legs.
Before painting and decorating the finished table, it is recommended that once again thoroughly polish all the details of the construction, so that they are absolutely smooth, and a unique structure of wood has appeared.
Make a dining table with your hands recommended from a dry high-quality tree. A finished product made of such material can be covered with wax and varnish. Wood with a flaw can be plastered, sanded and decorated with acrylic paint.
Before coating with varnish or paint, you should get rid of dust and dirt on the surface. Drying is recommended in a room at room temperature. Modern varnishes have a positive impact on the protection of the surface from all sorts of damage and premature destruction of the material. Toning properties of the products can achieve any desired shade. Including giving the finished table the appearance of the corresponding valuable wood species.
Following simple instructions, as well as using imagination and some engineering skills will help to easily solve the problem of how to make a kitchen table yourself. When manufacturing items more complex than the one that has been described, it will take more experience and skill, as well as carpentry skills and, possibly, special tools. Ideas for the manufacture of wooden tables, video