in social networks
There are many ways to give a unique interior, as modern materials provides for this opportunity. It can be bright stickers, unusual compositions, non-standard furniture arrangement. Also often use stencils to decorate their own hands: templates and ideas presented in this article will help you choose the materials for the application, and will create an individual style in the design of premises.
With the help of stencils decor can transform parts of the interior with their own hands, without significant financial costs
- 1 Stencils to decorate their own hands: templates and applications
- 2 Recommendations regarding the selection of stencils for wall decor
3 Types of templates for wall decor
- 3.1 Materials for the manufacture of templates
4 Highlights create a stencil with decor
- 4.1 Templates stencils of flowers to decorate their own hands
- 4.2 Using butterflies stencil on the wall
- 4.3 Picture of a cat on the wall
- 4.4 Oriental motifs and geometric patterns
- 4.5 Templates for bulk decor
- 4.6 Stencils for furniture and mirrors
- 4.7 Templates for border
5 Features Template manufacture their own hands
- 5.1 The advantages and disadvantages of self-made stencils
- 5.2 Tips for self-production patterns
- 5.3 Recommendations for drawing on the wall
Stencils to decorate their own hands: templates and applications
Painted walls always make the room unique and unique. However, not everyone can draw beautifully, and repeat the same pattern will not turn out the same way even the most skillful artist. To remedy this situation allows stencils drawings on the wall. Their use makes it possible to apply the required number of images, and in this case they are the same.
for high-quality patterning the wall with a stencil you need to choose the right paint
In addition, the use of stencils allows you to give the amount of the surface, visually expand the space and smooth out the bumps on the wall. Patterns - a great way to change a room without significant financial investments. The owner can show their creativity and give the room a special uniqueness.
In DIY stores offer ready-made templates stencils for walls. However, you can choose your own image. Then make it simple and easy template.
Templates and stencils are widely used in everyday life. In addition to the wall design, they are ideal for creating an interesting solutions on the doors, the windows and doors of cabinets. Perfect for creating a greeting card, poster, collage compositions. Quite often, they are used in the design of paintings and photographs. In this case, the stencil is placed in the corners.
Templates for the stencil you can draw your own or download from the Internet
Recommendations regarding the selection of stencils for wall decor
There are certain requirements that apply to the selection of stencils. They must adhere to when going to buy patterns:
- it is not necessary to give preference to a large number of elements. As a result, the line drawing merge, and it will lose its appeal. Laconic clean lines are the main requirement when applying images;
- for one room, only one type of ornament. It is undesirable to mix together and the color print geometric;
- Avoid patterns with very small and part of the element. Instead of interesting solutions can get one big blur on the wall. It looks beautiful and interesting designs with a lot of long lines and jumpers.
To drawings looked concisely, you must pick them up in style bathroom design
Types of templates for wall decor
For drawing pictures on the wall there are several types of patterns. They allow you to create a flat or volume option. The following types are most commonly used:
- monochrome flat. This type is used to create an accent in the room. Figure is applied to the wall one color. Technique its implementation is simple and easy;
- multicolor flat. For the patterning this technique uses a large number of different colors and shapes. It is most often used in the design of children's rooms, when the figure should be bright and interesting;
- volume. To create this option is used putty. The thickness of the pattern obtained - 2-3.5 mm. It can be left in white and can be painted in different colors;
- antitrafaret. This type is used in the case where it is necessary to paint the surface around the stencil, rather than inside it.
With creative approach may surround the combination of flat and embodiments. This result will cause delight of the guests.
Stencils large size is better to buy in the store, because the right to print and cut them at home is problematic
Templates Stencils for the decor may be a single-layer and multilayer. The first type is used for printing one ink in superposition. Multilayer often occur when creating an image in the style of street art. They are perfect for combining large-scale drawings and hide possible flaws encountered in the application of the paint.
Useful advice!For the independent production and application is better to choose a single-layer stencil. Image on it should be simple and uncomplicated. For example, it is easy to make templates, stencils of butterflies to decorate their hands.
Materials for the manufacture of templates
paper is often used to create a template. This material is characterized by availability and easily mounted on any surface. From it you can cut any elements easily, it is enough to have on hand shears.
For a more precise deposition of thin lines of the image is better to use adhesive tape
Cardboard - more reliable material for the template, however, because it hard to cut rounding. The advantage is that the stencils from it can be used several times.
Adhesive tape is perfect for making a template. It can be easily attached to the wall and is removed after patterning. It can be washed and used again.
Durable stencils can be made of plastic, however, to cut the figure in this material requires special tools and considerable effort.
Highlights create a stencil with decor
The basis for creating the template considered geometric patterns. This is due to their having clear boundaries. These patterns are best suited to beginners in this business. After the final decision on the decoration of the surface, you need to purchase a template in the store. The second option - make it your own.
The resulting template is fixed on a selected surface. Water paint, acrylic enamel or - different ink used for printing. It is best suited for this small roller or a sponge, sometimes sprays are applied. Brush when working with stencils is better not to use it, it is connected with flowing colors of the edge of the template. As a result, drawing turns corrupt and fuzzy.
Using a stencil - economical option of replacing the default wallpaper
Removed layout only if the drawing is completely dry.
Useful advice!For the application should take a small amount of ink. This prevents sagging. If the area was badly painted, it is necessary to accurately correct brush. If the pattern involves the use of multiple colors, then the next tone is applied only after complete drying of the previous one.
Templates stencils of flowers to decorate their own hands
When choosing the pattern most often stop on floral compositions, due to the versatility of this image. Color ornament looks great in a home and the office, and for coloring fit different colors. Stencils of flowers on the wall can be easily done by hand. This pattern is best for beginners sample forces.
Flowers can be drawn in the classic version, but you can give them a kind of surrealistic vision. Whatever style or was carried out room, it will look great twigs and buds. This kind of ornament in a colorful, striped design and is perfect for all rooms in the apartment - living room, bedroom, nursery, kitchen, hallway and bathroom.
Images of flowers - a very popular way of interior decoration bedrooms
Using butterflies stencil on the wall
Another popular ornaments for decorating the premises are butterflies. They overcame great on the wall in the bedroom, as multicolored butterflies will delight children. To add flavor to the design of the kitchen - place where the image of winged damsels. Done by hand stencils butterfly on the wall is very simple.
Interesting compositions obtained by combination with the color of the ornament butterflies. In this case it is better and more appropriate to use a combination of several colors. When choosing a butterfly stencil for decor is better to stay on simple shapes with the minimum number of lines.
Images of butterflies are suitable for a child's room, as well as for the living room, because they are able to revitalize the interior of the room
Picture of a cat on the wall
Picture of a cat on the wall is able to set the tone for the entire room. It does not matter where this furry animal is drawn: on the wall, a shelf or door.
Templates Stencils for decoration cats with their own hands to do quite easily. The image of this animal can decorate the nursery. Quite often, a cat painted in a secluded corner, creating an effect of surprise. Such decoration not set the tone throughout the room, but gives it an unusual flavor. Not always draw the whole animal, often applied to the surface only a silhouette or a funny little face.
Useful advice! Cat image requires appropriate processing facilities. It is best to use it in the nursery or bedroom.
With small patterns formed in stencil technique can distinguish details such rooms as sockets, switches or soffits
Oriental motifs and geometric patterns
Templates Stencils for walls with geometric patterns allow you to create unusual design of the room. They are perfect for apartments, and office supplies. Intertwined simple lines allow to hide the flaws of the walls visually expand or narrow space. Very popular Greek and Byzantine motifs. They can cover the entire surface to the walls, replacing the wallpaper.
Intertwined simple lines create intricate designs, and the resulting effect is striking in its severity and in the same time intricacy. Geometric stencils to cut out of paper best suited for beginners in the decor.
Stencils for walls under painting: a creative way of interior decoration
Existing types of stencils, their purpose and use. How to use stencils. The choice of colors for the design.
Templates for bulk decor
The unusual effect allows the application to receive volumetric decor. To create used a mixture based on gypsum plaster. This result will look rich and beautiful. However, creating it requires time, patience and some skill working with plaster.
EXAMPLE beautiful decorative coating using stencil putty
For the bulk of the composition necessary to buy ready-made templates, stencils to decorate the walls with his own hands to make it easier and cheaper.
The process of creating bulk composition is reduced to the following points:
- selection of stencil with the appropriate figure. Often enough material for such a pattern is thick cardboard. It is fixed to the wall with screws;
- prepared mixture is applied to a stencil spatula. We must carefully promazyvat drawing to obtain a homogeneous surface without voids and irregularities;
- when the solution is frozen, it is necessary to remove the stencil. We must now proceed to the formation of the required thickness. This is done by applying a solution gradually curly spatulas;
- When ready to lay completely frozen, it is necessary to round the edges of the surface. For this bas processed sandpaper;
- the final step is the color of the finished decoration. In order not to stain the area around it, it is recommended to use the same stencil. If a bas-relief made on the colored surface, you can leave it white.
Unlike painting, volume decor takes time and patience to build, but the resulting effect is worth the effort.
For applying plaster or putty better use of stencils made of plastic or cardboard
Stencils for furniture and mirrors
Today, popular decorating furniture surfaces, appliances or mirrors different images. This makes for unusual and immediately makes it stand out among others. Used paint allows to put decorations on any surface: brick, concrete, glass, wood, fabric and so on.
Choosing a template, for example, stencils of flowers for decoration, for the decoration of the mirror should give preference to those who have a self-adhesive base. This will prevent the shift pattern and will provide an opportunity to get clear and beautiful contours. Stencils are used to decorate the corner of a mirror or all of its perimeter. After drawing the image on the surface of the furniture, for its conservation is recommended to apply on top a protective layer of lacquer.
Imagination and patience can create true works of art, giving ordinary things unusual appearance.
With the help of stencils and acrylic paints can give old furniture a new kind of
Templates for border
Quite often in the design of bathrooms and other rooms used by the curb. It consists of a repeating portion of the ornament. The result is a continuous pattern that encircles the room. For these purposes, perfectly fit the image of flowers, plants, dolphins. The resulting figure differs brevity and restraint. To choose the figure for the bathroom will help photo stencils for wall decor. If we want to save time and effort, you can simply buy a ready-made template in the shop of finishing materials.
Features Template manufacture their own hands
Stencils are made of heavy paper, are no more than two times. After that, soak the pattern edge, and the pattern comes into disrepair. In most paper stencils used to generate single image. You must first stencil print on the wall and then cut. Only then can you begin to design the walls.
Sometimes, to save the template for future use, the edges are treated with varnish. Can first glue paper tape, then cut stencil Wall. To cut butterflies and other intricate designs with fine detail, you can use a sharp blade or knife stationery.
The successful design of the walls geometric patterns, which are formed in the stencil technique using gold paint
Reusable stencils perfect foil. In addition, they are ideal for the application of the ornament over large areas. To fix the film used double-sided tape. If the drawing is applied to the wallpaper or a surface painted with latex paint, then it is better to select the masking tape.
Plastic or vinyl stencils can be used multiple times. For their attachment to the wall is perfect masking tape. However, for the application of large graphics such templates are not suitable due to the large weight.
The advantages and disadvantages of self-made stencils
Decorative patterns for the walls have a number of advantages and disadvantages. Among their advantages note the following:
- manufacturing simplicity. It is enough to print the stencil butterfly on the wall, cut it and cause pattern;
- the ability to combine colors;
- a lot of different patterns;
- possibility to use for furniture, household appliances and mirrors;
- use on all types of surfaces;
- the possibility of finishing with a minimal investment.
For good measure, placing a stencil is better to use water level
Among the major shortcomings should be highlighted:
- quick exit down the stencil. Especially in the case of loose paper or paperboard;
- need for careful fastening pattern on the surface.
That is a large number of advantages make this type of decorating is so popular today.
Tips for self-production patterns
You always want to get the job done perfectly. Especially strong is the desire in the case of registration of premises. It is worth noting that one wrong move could significantly spoil the overall picture and to nullify all the efforts.
The image can be applied using a stencil as plain white wall and the wallpaper for painting
A few tips for beginners decorators:
- when the paint applied to the working tool stencil must be kept perpendicular to the surface to be painted;
- so that the image does not fall fluff pursue painting need a circular motion;
- the best tool for applying paint - paint roller. Its size depends on the area to be painted;
- you must take a small amount of paint. The resulting residues should be removed with a sponge or soft cloth;
- stencils reusable after the process need to rinse with warm water;
- for protection against external influences ornament, after drying should be lacquered.
The basis for the layout drawing is printed. A large number of photos of stencils for wall decor can be found on the Internet. The resulting pattern should first copy, and then transferred to the material for the template.
Most types of paints do not require additional fastening materials
Recommendations for drawing on the wall
There are several points that need to know the one who first makes the decoration using a template.
Instructions transmittance which will result in poor image:
- surface on which the pattern is applied should be free from dirt and grease;
- space pattern layout should be noted. It uses ordinary building level and pencil;
- before application of the image to the desired location on Whatman paper recommended practice. This will help you understand the principle of applying the paint;
- to stencil well kept, experts recommend using stencil glue. Among its advantages should be allocated subsequently: no traces on the surface and excellent adhesion. The latter eliminates the possibility sezzhaniya stencil;
- if you decide to put large pattern, then you need to find a place where they can make such a layout. Many companies offer free print large size stencils for walls, however, subject to further cooperation with them. In this case it is better to split the picture into small pieces and make them more templates;
With the stencil can distinguish a certain zone in the apartment
- for applying a pattern to be preferred acrylic paints. They are perfect for all types of surfaces and dries quickly;
- use a sponge to apply the paint has one little moment. Available at it is necessary to soak the excess on a piece of paper. Only then start drawing;
- if the figure must have a volume, you must use an acrylic sealer. Using a spatula is applied evenly in the appropriate places;
- special attention should be paid to a smooth spreadable paint around the edges. In the formation of the surplus should be removed with a sponge;
- thoroughly fixing the sample will provide a clear picture of the beautiful.
Compliance with these simple rules will allow you to avoid mistakes when applying decor and save time on correcting flaws obtained. Large selection of stencils and templates for the best option for any room and give the room a unique flavor and charm.