What is rubber paint for concrete for the exterior and what it is good
Table of contents
1 What is rubber paint
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Key performance properties
- 1.3 Main characteristics
- 1.4 cost of
- 2 The nuances of the application
- 3 Output
Rubber paint for concrete - is a relatively new paint, so not everyone knows about its properties. I used this material and is ready to tell you about all its features, pros and cons.
Rubber paint decorates the surface of the concrete and protects against environmental influences
What is rubber paint
First of all, I note that the rubber paint - is a universal paint coating. It can be used not only for the coloring of concrete, but also other surfaces such as wood, slate, metal, etc...
Rubber paint can be painted not only concrete, but also any other surface
Rubber coating called because of high elasticity. The formed film is capable to stretch it when the temperature increases and contract when it is lowered. These deformations do not cause the occurrence of cracks and chips.
The material is very elastic - is its main advantage over other paints
High elasticity is achieved through the use of a composition or an acrylic latex (acrylic same, but modified) polymer and other additives. Thus, the composition of the paint material resembles ordinary water paints, respectively, and have all their advantages.
Key performance properties
As with any other paints, rubber paint for exterior use is not ideal. So let's look at all of its advantages and disadvantages.
On sale there is a wide choice of colors rubber paint
- High elasticity. Therefore, the indicator rubber compositions has no equal. When painting several layers they even feels like a soft rubber;
- Good adhesion. The coating does not flake or peel off;
- It does not fade. The coating color stability throughout the life cycle;
- Good hiding power. This is another difference from the coating rubber other waterborne paints;
The coating will maintain the original color for the entire lifetime
- Weatherproof. Due to this, even when the outer cover using the operating period is not reduced;
Rubber paint, you can paint even the floor of the garage
- Durability. Typically, a service life of 8-10 years or more. However, in many respects the quality and durability depend on the manufacturer of the material;
- Resistance to abrasion. Thus it can be used in paint, rubber, for concrete floors, as well as for the tracks on the street or even car platforms;
Rubber paint otmostku protect from moisture
- Moisture resistance. The coating provides additional waterproofing, thereby often used as an additional waterproofing material. In particular, the coating used for dyeing blind areas, and even basements of homes concrete pools;
Rubber paint can be used even for the pool
- Environmentally friendly. As all water paints, coating is odorless - as solvent is water. During operation, the material does not emit harmful substances, it can be used in children's educational institutions and kindergartens;
Due to environmental coating may be used in children's educational institutions and kindergartens
- the rate of drying. On average, this figure is 2-3 hours;
Already after 2 hours it is possible to apply the second coating layer
- The water vapor permeability. In the case of painting the walls, it does not change the microclimate in the house, as it does not interfere with the walls "breathe".
Because of these qualities, after drying, forms a coating on a concrete surface, durable film, which not only gives it an attractive appearance, but also protects against damage. Furthermore, the coating prevents the occurrence of microcracks.
Rubber paint can be covered with a playground in the yard of a private house. Soft coating will reduce the likelihood of injury to the child.
Rubber paint will make a safer playground
- The emergence of "cobwebs". Under the influence of sun and wind on the surface over time, microcracks appear, ie so-called "spider";
- High price. This paint material is more expensive than other types of waterborne paints;
Achieve "rubber" effect can only when applied in several layers
- The need for the application of several layers. When applying a single layer of rubber coating not achieve the effect.
Rubber paint, you can paint the concrete flat roof. This will protect it from moisture and adverse weather conditions.
The rubber ink can be used as a roof covering for flat roofs
So, with performance characteristics that have outdoor paint on concrete, we read, let's look at the numbers:
|The minimum and maximum operating temperature, ° C||-55 +60|
|Temperature conditions for carrying out painting work, ° C||+5 +30|
|Consumption, g / m2||180-230|
|Density kg / l||~1,4|
|Solids,%||At least 45|
|Drying time to touch, min.||30-60|
|While the final hardening, h.||~12|
Super Decor - an inexpensive and high-quality paint material from domestic producers
Below are the prices for the paint material from manufacturers who are proven:
|cost of||Price in rubles|
|The chief technologist 11.5 kg||3000|
|Super Decor, 3 kg||730|
|Good Master 1,3 kg||502|
|Poly-P Elast-r 6 kg||1900|
Good Master assured serve outside at least 8-10 years
The nuances of the application
Briefly tell you about the nuances of the application of paint, as this process depends on the durability of the coating and some other quality. So, work is carried out in the following sequence:
|illustrations||Instructions to perform work|
|Purification surface. The concrete surface must be cleaned thoroughly with your hands from dirt, dust and any other contaminants.|
|Preparing the cracks. Existing cracks and crevices need to be expanded with a chisel and hammer, as shown in the photo.|
Cracks in the 2-3 mm can not be stopped, because the rubber film will block them.
|Padding. Required universal primer coat concrete in two coats using a roller or brush.|
In the case of dyeing concrete floor, a first wet cleaning is allowed to perform not earlier than one week after coating.
Here, actually, and all the nuances of painting.
Now you are familiar with all the features of rubber paint, and can decide for themselves - it is necessary to use it or not. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If you have any questions concerning this coverage, please comment and I will gladly answer.