Acrylic lacquer: the specific composition and application
Table of contents
1 What is material
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 basic quality
- 2 species
3 Brief reviews of some varnishes
- 3.1 Neomid
- 3.2 Krasko
- 3.3 Goodhim
- 3.4 Tikkurila
- 4 Output
What the properties of acrylic lacquer, and for what purposes is used? I thought about it before. Now, having gained experience in this business, just in front of the technical aspects, as well as here are a few mini-reviews at varnishes from manufacturers.
Acrylic lacquer - a reliable and long-lasting paint material
What is material
Acrylic lacquer is an aqueous dispersion of acrylic polymers. In other words - it is water-based lacquer.
The main feature of the acrylic polymer is its crystal clarity. Thus, acrylic paints - this one-component, ready to use coatings in the form of a colorless and absolutely transparent liquid.
Aqueous dispersion - is insoluble polymer particles (1) dispersed in the aqueous medium (2)
Their main advantage lies in the high physical and chemical properties. The varnish can reliably protect the surface against mechanical and corrosive chemical environments.
The composition of this material is typically composed of the following components:
- Acrylic dispersion;
- softener - ensures the formation of a transparent film on the surface after application of the composition;
- Water - used as a dispersion medium, which evaporates after application;
- various additives - providing material properties of one or other, for example, acrylic lacquer, wood, water-based usually it contains in its composition antiseptics that protect the wood from rotting and other biological impacts.
In the domestic market, acrylic paints appeared in the 90s. They quickly gained immense popularity and today are most in demand.
Acrylic varnish may be coated not only of wood, but also mineral surfaces
Acrylic paints are used not only for wooden surfaces, but many other materials, such as:
- Plywood and high particleboard materials;
- Natural and artificial stone;
- Glass fiber;
- Concrete, etc.
Like any other painting material, the subject coating has both positive and negative characteristics. Therefore further consider all of its properties.
Due to environmental coating may be used inside housing
- Environmentally friendly. The material almost completely odorless, because its composition an aqueous dispersion, i.e. without organic solvents;
- rapid solidification. Curing occurs by the evaporation of water, respectively, coating dries within a few hours after application;
- Elasticity. Because of this coating does not crack;
- Resistance to moisture. After hardening, the film formed is not soluble in water and even withstands washing;
Acrylic lacquer is not afraid of water
- Good adhesion. Due to this the paint material can be applied to a variety of surfaces, and the film does not flake formed them. Specifically, the varnish may be applied over the paint or tint as a finishing coating;
- UV resistance. The coating does not yellow even under direct sunlight;
- Durability. Service life of more than 10 years;
- Resistance to abrasion. Due to this coating can even be used for floors;
- Ability to work with conventional tools. The coating is easy to apply by hand, using a brush or a paint roller;
Acrylic varnish can be used for exterior applications
- Weatherproof. Not afraid of high temperatures or frost or rain. Thanks to this material can be used not only for domestic but also for outdoor use.
Acrylic water-based lacquer may be diluted with water, if, for example, its amount was insufficient. Only in this case, the amount of water should not exceed 10 percent of the amount of varnish.
In the process of applying the water-based lacquer fibers swell and rise
It lifts the wood fibers. Since the lacquer is made on the basis of water, swell and rise during its application the wood fibers. As a result, a rough surface is obtained and unattractive.
However, the instruction to eliminate this effect is quite simple - the wood surface prior to coating must be lightly moisten, and then sanded. It is possible to do otherwise - immediately apply varnish and polish the first layer after its solidification;
The first lacquer layer after the application must be sanded
- A low dry residue. As a rule, this figure does not exceed ten per cent;
- The relatively high cost. This disadvantage applies to all the polymeric coatings and paints.
The glossy surface of good shines and reflects items
Acrylic paints are classified according to the type of surface that they form. Depending on this, they are divided into three types:
- glossy. Form a film on the surface capable of reflecting light, and even objects;
frosted. Founded almost does not shine this coating film, and does not reflect the objects.
It must be said that the matte acrylic lacquer has an attractive silky texture that gives the surface a certain softness;
- semimatt. Represent average variant between matt and glossy finish. As a glossy varnish, semi-matt formulations have some luster, but at the same time on the surface do not affect the objects.
Matte paint film forms an attractive silky
If you want to achieve the effect of deep "glass" should be applied to the nail lacquer in several layers.
Brief reviews of some varnishes
Finally a brief overview of some varnishes known in the domestic market producers:
manufacturers of paints
Neomid - it is a local company that is engaged in the production of paints and varnishes from the middle of the two thousandth's. Due to high quality products, it supplies paints not only in all regions of Russia and CIS countries.
Neomid presented several options of acrylic paints on the market. Particularly noteworthy are the following ones:
- Neomid Sauna. As is not difficult to guess, this cover is designed for baths and saunas. The main advantage of the material is its environmental friendliness.
In the photo Sauna Neomid varnish can be used in rooms with high temperature and humidity
Furthermore, the material is resistant to the constant high temperature and moisture. At the same time it protects the wood from fungus, mold and so on. Also the film has a dirt-repellent property;
NEOMID Stone for mineral surfaces
- NEOMID Stone. This coating is intended for application to the surface of a stone or mineral - bricks, concrete or the like. The coating on the surface creates the effect of "wet" stone. Moreover, the lacquer layer prevents efflorescence, mold, and also protects from rain and other negative effects.
cost of (Current spring 2017):
|Mark||Cost in rubles|
|Neomid Sauna 2.5L||570|
|NEOMID Stone 5L||1 250|
Krasko Drevolag - universal coating on wood
Drevolak from domestic producers paint - is a universal acrylic protective and decorative coating for wood, which can be used for the following purposes:
- To cover the facades of wooden houses;
- For interior walls of houses;
- For garden and home furniture;
- For fences, barriers, etc..
The peculiarity of this material is water vapor permeability. Therefore, after processing them the wooden walls in the house is not disturbed natural microclimate.
In addition, it is resistant to all weather influences, can therefore be used even in harsh climates.
Price Krasko Drevolak starts from 250 rubles. per 1 kg.
Goodhim TEXTURE can be applied not only on the wood, but also mineral surfaces
Goodhim - is another well-known to date, paint manufacturer, which is introduced in the market a universal acrylic clear coat of water-based Goodhim TEXTURE. It can be used for decorative, not only wood, but also mineral surfaces. And it can be used both for external and internal works.
I must say that Goodhim TEXTURE is not only transparent, but also tinted. The line has 10 colors, including popular tone like walnut, rosewood, oak, metallic, and so on.
The cost of this coverage is 200 rubles. per liter.
Tikkurila PARKETTI-ASSA- durable and wear-resistant coating for floors
We have considered the coverage to virtually all surfaces, except floors. Therefore, finally, I talk about the parquet lacquer on the famous Finnish Tikkurila - PARKETTI-ASSA.
This painting material possess all the qualities that I mentioned above. Furthermore, it has high wear resistance. Because of this it can be used for floors, even in areas with high traffic.
Another advantage PARKETTI-ASSA is that the surface can be cleaned using any detergents, and even allowed to wipe the white spirit. Despite these properties, the material is environmentally friendly, which can be used in residential areas.
Bank Tikkurila PARKETTI-ASSA, a capacity of 9 liters worth 8600 rubles.
Now you know that is a colorless acrylic lacquer, what properties it has, and for what purposes it can be used. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If any moments caused you questions, ask them in the comments and I will answer you.