How to stick tile on gypsum board (54 photos), and whether you can do it
Table of contents
1 Terms of ceramic tiles installation on drywall
- 1.1 marking
- 1.2 sticking tiles
- 2 conclusion
- 3 Photo Gallery
Drywall - a unique in-kind material that just a few hours is able to align the wall or build elaborate arch, niche or shelf. And what about the finish, whether it is possible to glue the tile to the drywall? On this and we will talk in this article.
Installation of ceramic tiles on plasterboard ceiling
Terms of ceramic tiles installation on drywall
Gypsum tile box obkladyvaetsya
Before you understand how to stick tile on drywall, let's stipulate the necessary conditions FCL installation. Thus, each sheet on a wall or ceiling should be fixed for at least four longitudinal metal profile.
In one whole unit consumes about 60 drywall screws (30 cm from each other), the joints between sheets of pre-sealed with tile adhesive, and the entire structure is covered necessarily primer.
I would like to make one more clarification on the issue of how to stick the tile on drywall. Instruction requires the use of water resistant sheets registered gypsum plasterboard (gypsum board moisture resistant) and dyed green. The length, width and thickness of the sheet similar to the standard Wall. (Cm. See also article Plasterboard partitions in the bathroom: Options).
- Before you begin the installation of ceramic tiles with their hands on the drywall, it is necessary to mark out the length and width of the tiles, taking into account the thickness of the strut crosses. Suppose we have the room height of 250 cm, and ceramics has parameters 300 × 200 mm. This suggests that we have laid a strip of about 10 cm in width, which is not very nice for general background.
- In such cases it is possible to sacrifice long top plate, leaving it, for example, 25 cm, to increase the width of the lower row. But, perhaps, we will use the frieze, it also takes away the distance. In some cases, to preserve the integrity of the tiles, using two rows of edge.
- It is also important to mark the finishing material in width, so that when you trim corner tiles on both sides of the wall was the same width as the glue tile on drywall you will be able to only certain your labels. Cropped part of the ceramic must go to bed in the room.
The bottom row are placed in the least
Council. Laying better to start from the second row, having calculated it so that on the top row of a turned, nerezanyh tiles. The first number you mount later, after laying all over the walls.
Since gluing tiles on drywall you will have to use the liquid mixture under the tentative line of two self-tapping screw and put the rule.
It will form the basis for the entire structure. It is also very convenient to use for this purpose remaining profiles drywall.
Clay stir mixer
- So, after finishing the layout, it is possible to undertake the preparation of the adhesive. A bucket filled with a mixture of 1/3 of the water tank and is filled with adhesive powder, which is necessary to stir the mixer on low speed. If this tool is not present, use conventional drill or screwdriver.
- Stir the solution for 3-5 minutes, then give him to stand for 5-10 minutes and whip again. So you can avoid dry lumps in the finished mixture. The consistency should resemble the finished adhesive is not very thick mashed potatoes. If the solution was too much and he was sprayed with stirring, switch the drill to reverse the other side to the mixer rotates counter-clockwise, the spray will not. (Cm. also the paper tile design in the bathroom: design options).
Installation of the first row
- We have already found out, whether on the plasterboard to glue the tiles, and now let's learn how to do it correctly. Glue can be applied both on a tile, as well as on the wall or on the two surfaces at the same time, but it is done only in cases when the plane needs to be corrected. To begin the installation can be from any angle and even from the middle of the wall, as long as the markup and styling consistent level.
Crosses for pointing (the price - 17 rubles. pcs.)
- For use plastic jointing crosses different thicknesses ranging from 1 mm. The most frequently used size - 3 mm. (Cm. also features an article gluing tiles on the drywall in the bathroom.)
Grout tile joints
- After installation with joints need to remove all crosses and thoroughly clean the hole from the glue got there. It is best to do it the next day after laying tile, the adhesive is not completely frozen.
- It's best to overwrite the seams with soft rubber spatulas, which are sold in sets of 3 pieces of different sizes. The powder is mixed in water to the state of the rare potato mash and is applied in the joints between the tiles. At the end of 20-40 minutes seam needs to be adjusted so that it has turned out below the tile plane.
Now that you know whether it is possible to glue the floor tiles in the drywall, and how to do it right. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find the necessary information on the question.
http://www.elitceram.ru/index.php? cat = 78