Hosts in garden design (60 photos): classification and proper care
Table of contents
- 1 Classification
- 2 What to plant next
- 3 right care
4 Benches and hosts
- 4.1 bench waiting
- 4.2 summer bench
- 4.3 Autumn and spring bench
- 4.4 A few more interesting decisions
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
Hosts in the design of the garden allow you to create a composition of different colors and sizes. Host - easy to breed, undemanding, hardy ornamental plant, which quickly gained popularity among the amateurs as well as professionals in landscape design.
Due to these qualities, this plant can be seen almost everywhere: in the design of the garden, on stony slopes, in waters close to the flower beds, as well as the main entrance to the house.
Often hosts located near the sculptures, if any, in the garden.
Typically, hosts are classified according to their intended purpose:
- Up to 20 cm. Considered the lowest and best look on the rocky slopes and rockeries.
- Up to 30 cm. Not very high. Will complement the picture of the garden, lying on the border and near the fences.
- 30-45 cm. A special feature of this group is to have a long root system. They are usually planted in groups, to create a continuous cover. In the background will look good gladioli and lilies.
- The beds will look best hosts, whose height is 45-60 cm.
- Highest species used for a single landing. Their height is generally greater than 60-80 cm.
Note! If you still do not know what sort of plants to choose, pay attention to the level of your site illumination. It is also very important factors considered to be the level of humidity, acidity and composition of the soil itself.
For planting in an area where most of the day is dominated by shadow, are best hosts with dark green leaves and blue. They will grow more slowly, but the color of the leaves will eventually not only remain the same, but also to become more intense and juicy.
What to plant next
Hosta leaves with blue
It is very difficult to find a plant that would not have looked next to the host. Excellent will harmonize gladiolus, lilies, peonies, ferns and plants with carved leaves.
Such plants in landscape design garden site look very advantageous.
Often used conifers in the garden design. They could not be better emphasize greenery and sprawling hosts.
In order to make a small contrast in the green and close to the plant must be planted with shade leaves, which is not in this type of hosts.
For example, Goryanka who leaves a red or purple color with heucherella. To create vertical emphasis is applied lily, phlox or Solomon's seal. Against the background of the hosts of these plants will look no less beautiful than the work of art.
EXAMPLE hosts combination with other plants
To host also perfectly suited ornamental plants such as lungwort, variegated Brunner or Heuchera. It is important that these plants need a similar habitat conditions, which significantly facilitates the process of care.
Wonderful backdrop for the hosts were always considered a plant with small leaves. This can be periwinkle, slops or meadow Lysimachus.
Often, as a so-called neighbors use high cereals, e.g., reed or miscanthus. Together they create the finished composition. A textural contrast to the plant can be planted with silver leaves.
- Professionals recommend to plant a bush hosts. Thus, they form a nice carpet soil. Please note that on average, a plant living in one place for up to 10-15 years, and for their cultivation shady areas suitable for most.
- Places where there are hosts that should not be abundantly watered and flooding, it is desirable that the soil was fertile and cultivated.
- They are very resistant to frost, so they cover up for the winter too peat. It will suffice with fallen leaves of trees. You will not only save your plant, but also improves the structure of soil humus, which later evolved into the leaves. And who knows, maybe your garden will become a model for the design of a garden site.
- Hosts excellent breed. This occurs advantageously dividing the bushes and seeds. Be careful, shrubs can be divided in the first half of May or in August. More preferred is a spring planting. So the young plants will be able to get stronger over the autumn. The fission process is very simple bushes. Make it strong with a sharp knife, very carefully and slowly. After dividing the slices are dried and powdered them with powdered charcoal.
- Very many species of plants are able to reproduce by seeds. The process occurs before sowing winter. Sow seeds in wooden boxes until the spring and expect germination. For good growth regularly watered the seeds in the soil.
- There are some nuances that need to be considered if you want to grow a healthy plant. First - keep boxes only in the shade. To prevent decay, the air must be dry. Second - regularly ventilate the room.
- In order to quickly propagate new varieties applies clonal technology. This way it is possible to bring the plant production to the level of industrial production. There is one significant disadvantage of this method of reproduction. Seedlings show some vulnerability to the adverse conditions of carriage, as well as in new areas of planting. Also, there is a reduced resistance to various diseases.
- If you still managed to raise a young host, very soon you will watch it bloom. Sorry, but the flowering process can be called remarkable only in the first few days. After the flower stalks lose their beauty and looks quite sloppy. The exception may be only hosts with double flowers.
Benches and hosts
Not far from the alley of the host put a small bench to relax and enjoy the scenery. For this study in detail the design of the garden benches and select the appropriate option.
Benches at home
Kinds of garden benches:
This bench should be placed near the entrance to the house. Russian analogue called ledge. Bench is an indispensable element for receiving visitors or people you do not want to invite into the house.
Typically, such a bench on the north side of the house or in large trees, so that it remains in the shade throughout the day. It is on it, we'll hide from the burning sunlight.
Autumn and spring bench
This bench is the exact opposite of the summer bench. It should be placed in a place where the sun lingers longer in the spring and autumn.
A few more interesting decisions
Good work in the beds, every cottager secretly wants to be on the bench, to straighten his back and stuck to visually assess their works. In this case it is best to install a bench with back closest to the kitchen garden.
Bench near the water
On the water you can watch forever, especially if you have a bench and you can sit down. On the shore of the pond or garden fountain have to be a bench of this type.
Most often, such a bench installed near a large summer table where the whole family gets together for lunch in nature or in the summer kitchen.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.