Tandoor: benefits, equipment, self-construction and study of 4 samples
Table of contents
1 First meeting
- 1.1 Benefits
- 1.2 Unworthy children worthy of the family
- 2 crazy hands
- 3 operating rules
4 Examination of the samples
- 4.1 Sarmat Ataman
- 4.2 big Family
- 4.3 East Premium
- 4.4 small picnic
- 5 conclusion
Greetings, comrades! I must confess to you one weakness: I really love delicious cooked meat. And the best barbecue I've tried in my life, was prepared in the tandoor. Today I want to tell you what a tandoor, how it works and what can be made independently. In addition, we look at some samples of these products manufactured by modern industry.
Classical furnace design: masonry with a straw coated with clay.
Imagine a jar with a lid. Now mentally increase it to a volume of 0.25-1 cubic meter, put on a clay foundation - and you will get a detailed description of the classic tandoor. So called furnace of the heat-resistant material (traditionally - of stone or clay), which after burning firewood top is closed and holding a long time high temperature.
All operations are performed with the oven through its neck - Bookmarks from firewood to the recess of the finished food and ash removal. For supplying air to the ash pit furnace is narrow.
The apparatus of earthen brick furnace. Note the pipe ash derived from the side.
Traditional tandoor has several modifications, the construction of which is due to local specifics:
- Horizontal (Jug resting on one side) used in Central Asia for baking bread. Cakes baked directly on the clay walls;
Uzbek tandoor bread obkladyvaetsya outside of unbaked clay bricks. The aim - increase the heat capacity of the furnace wall and reduce the consumption of scarce fuel steppe.
Baking bread on the walls of the tandoor.
- Armenian furnace version is located in the house or indoors Attached thereto (called tonratun) below the floor level. Oven combines two functions: it is used for cooking and to heat the house;
The furnace is in the floor of a home delicious bread and warm.
- In Dagestan tandoor for facilities used white (kaolin) clay, mixed with straw and horsehair. During firing, the organics burn out, leaving the walls of the micropores. The porous structure further helps to reduce heat losses through the walls and uniform heat distribution in the furnace;
- Earthmoving furnace represented... hole in the ground about half a meter in diameter and a depth of 30-40 cm. They were based on specific soil - loess, a fine stone dust, which is sintered during firing and turned into a usual ceramics;
Simple earthen oven.
- Modern tandyr represents pitcher of clay chamotte on a steel base provided with podduvalom kindling and ash removal. The walls have a thickness of 3-7 centimeters, the weight of the product varies from 30 to 150-200 kg. The package includes a lattice grill and the skewers shampurnitsy, tongs, nozzles for roasting poultry, etc.
Modern mobile oven with steel strapping and podduvalom.
What are the benefits of the device tandoor?
- Low wood consumption. Firelighter only need to heat up the oven walls. Cooking uses the heat accumulated by them;
- High speed cooking. For example, porcine kebab preparing only about 20 minutes versus 30-40 on a conventional grill;
- The cooking process does not require the attention of chefs. The same barbecue baked through evenly from all sides and not undercooked - at the top of the stove, away from coal, is kept moderately high temperature;
- Dishes do not desiccate, Are not the fat drips out. The meat remains juicy. For comparison - remember how often went down to embers fat flares up in the grill.
Swallowed, comrades? So do I.
Unworthy children worthy of the family
Two kinds tandyrs deserve special mention. Do not be offended at me their manufacturers, but they constitute a gross profanation of the furnace itself ideas.
|Electric: Used for heating several ceramic body placed in the heating coils or heaters.|
|Gas: Heat source becomes a gas burner.|
What, in fact, these two types of products have caused my righteous anger?
That the process of cooking meat, bread and other dishes in tandoor combines baking and smoking: the food is impregnated with smoke and the smell of burning wood. chefs are very demanding with regard to the choice of wood to produce flavor and aroma nuances.
Heating of the gas burner or spiral completely deprives the characteristic flavor dishes, turning tandyr in original analogue conventional oven.
Now let's find out what and how to build a tandoor with their hands.
|Foundation: Concrete slab size meter per meter and 10 cm thick crushed stone bedding on the same thickness. Reinforcement - mesh with a mesh size of 10 cm and a wire thickness of 5-6 mm.|
|Bottom: Fireclay bricks in one layer. Base diameter - 75 cm. Masonry mortar for fireclay brick is better to take a ready: clay-sand mixture does not provide sufficiently strong adhesion to it.|
|wall: The same chamotte bricks on the furnace solution. Wall to keep the shape, they pull the wire clamp. Make laying flat you will help an improvised wooden dividers.|
|In the second and third row every second brick is cut in the wedge. Finished wall plastered furnace clay solution.|
|drying after plastering takes about a week. According to her after the oven is ready for the initial heat.|
Storage: The oven must be protected from moisture. In the winter and rain cover it with plastic wrap or waterproof cover.
If the wall is still wet, before fuel is let them dry completely. Otherwise, the boiled water in the pores make wall crack.
The first kindling: Preheat oven gradually. Initially kindle in her paper, and wood chips, then gradually enclose the wood.
Kindling the same scheme is used in the winter frosts.
Firewood: It is best to heat tandoor birch or oak wood. Fruit wood species also gives the meat and other dishes a pleasant aroma. But conifers contain a lot of resin and can spoil the taste of certain foods.
volume Share: 1/3 to 2/3 of the furnace. A larger amount of wood will not give off heat the walls of the furnace, and ambient air.
With a large screen Bookmarks late wood will not heat the wall of the furnace, and ambient air.
duration kindling: On average - 1 hour. Signs that are uniformly warmed oven - the absence of the flame and the walls showered with soot.
Do not extinguish the coals with water, trying to speed up the oven ready for baking. As a result, you get cracked walls and bottom due to temperature fluctuations.
Examination of the samples
Now we turn to the ready-made solutions and find out what and at what prices the domestic market offers us.
Sarmat Ataman from the Russian company Amphora.
Here are the characteristics of the product:
|However, without cover||740 mm|
|external diameter||610 mm|
|The diameter of the neck||320 mm|
|Price||24640 rubles (for spring 2017)|
And it features:
- 12 long forged skewers is standard oven. Due to its size, each of them is able to hold up to a kilogram of meat. Preparation 12 kg of barbecue will take only 15-20 minutes;
- The oven keeps the heat one and a half hours since the first tab that will give the owner the opportunity to cook several different dishes in any order;
- Large diameter neck It allows large baked dishes (for example, a leg of lamb entirely) or pellet stove to the walls.
In the photo - Tandoor Large Family from the Russian company MD Ceramics.
We begin with the characteristics:
|However, without cover||730 mm|
|External diameter||550 mm|
|The diameter of the neck||230 mm|
The basic package includes skewers 10 and means for attaching them, shovel, rake, and a removable grate. The furnace is provided with podduvalom and welded to steel piping legs. But its main advantage - at the cost of democratic enough for a large family sizes.
Giant from the company Amphora.
|However, without cover||720 mm|
|External diameter||720 mm|
|The diameter of the neck||350 mm|
- 20 skewers in the original equipment;
- wrought iron legs;
- wide neck allows for baking cakes wall;
- Ability to change the clearance the furnace by the client.
Youngest in the family of giants - Small picnic.
|However, without cover||480 mm|
|External diameter||350 mm|
|The diameter of the neck||200 mm|
This allows the baby to simultaneously prepare 10 portions barbecue (10 special skewers are included in the original packaging) or bake small bird. In addition to the skewers, it is equipped with wrought-iron legs, poker and shovel to clean ash.
Advantages - low cost and portability. Dimensions and weight of the stove make it extra effort to remove it under a canopy or in the closet, as well as (sorry for involuntary pun) take a picnic on the road: the oven will fit easily in the trunk of cars car.
The nature of his oven? Easily!
I sincerely hope that inspired by this material, the reader will appreciate cooked in the tandoor dishes appreciated. As always, further information can be learned by watching video in this article. Waiting for your additions to it. Enjoy your meal, comrades!