Bending machine with his own hands: 7 Steps to implement the planned
Table of contents
1 The reasons for deciding to personally collect listogib
- 1.1 Do without the machine
- 1.2 Buy ready-made machine
2 Stepping assembly process
- 2.1 Step №1: decide on a type of drive
- 2.2 Step №2: Choose a working circuit for the machine
- 2.3 Step №3: define the basic parameters of the future of the machine
- 2.4 Step №4: compose a drawing corresponding to all of the above conditions
- 2.5 Step №5: turn to familiarize with the detailing and fabrication of basic elements
- 2.6 Step №6: implementing the retaining system
- 2.7 Step №7: Putting it all together
- 3 conclusion
A bending machine for sheet metal can be produced in the home. Such equipment need not every handyman, but the fact, for example, who is engaged in roofing work, it will help greatly to increase their own earnings. And for someone, perhaps, and all will be the first machine of the future plant.
Photos homemade plate-bending equipment
The reasons for deciding to personally collect listogib
Why at all should take up the manufacture of such a complicated equipment with their own hands? To answer this question, let's go from the return and consider alternative methods receiving valleys, skates, gutters drain pipes, cornice strips and other fragments Roofing structures.
EXAMPLE metal gutter manufactured using listogiba
Although, just I want to point out that this is not the only industry that require products that are created by bending iron. Just now, for clarity, it is touch on it.
Do without the machine
There are two options:
- Buying a ready-made samples, which are far superior in price sheets and even the labor required to process it. That is, it is simply the rejection of a tangible part of the earnings for the benefit of industrial plants;
have ready-made solutions in the store, but will have to pay for them is much more expensive
- The old-fashioned used to obtain the necessary forms a drift. But this will lead to the immediate loss of many customers who prefer products without kondovogo species. The modern market is very cruel in this respect: we all want both qualitatively and beautifully.
Moreover, the work itself with a knockout process is quite time consuming
Buy ready-made machine
Let's look at a hypothetical situation in the figures. On average, a manual sheet bender can cost you in the 1500-2000 US dollars. In theory, it will turn on for a couple of days a ton of galvanized steel thickness of 0.55 mm and the value of $ 1000 in 250 square meters of corrugated board, which are estimated already in 1400 the same money units.
Examples of finished corrugated sheets
It seems to be coming out nicely and not have calculated that the return on the purchase in mind, and the enormous profits derived in the future.
But, unfortunately, things are not so rosy in practice, where on your way will stand the following difficulties:
- Angles sheeting when rolling very often are compressed, thereby requiring a repetition of the operation. This already leads to an increase in theoretical terms of work;
- Possible violations of intergranular metal ties. After a time in places begins to creep crack. Remodel the marriage you have to have at his own expense.
The line also, which is devoid of such problems, it is necessary already in the US around $ 20,000, which will pay back even harder. Plus it all comes to the case when you have the sale of manufactured products. And if you only occasionally need certain products to fulfill the order in roofing works, the profitability of even the cheaper purchased equipment can not be considered.
For clarity and to reflect on this issue alone will give you examples of some specific models of machines that you can buy ready-made:
- «Tapco Max 20-08» Model:
|The maximum thickness of the metal sheets used||0.7 mm|
|The maximum thickness of the aluminum sheets used||1 mm|
|The maximum thickness of the used copper or zinc sheets||0.8 mm|
|The maximum bending angle implemented||180 degrees|
|infeed depth||48 cm|
|machine length||264 cm|
|The height of the machine||62 cm|
|The width of the machine||24 cm|
|cost of||155000 rubles|
Sample «Tapco Max 20-08» model
- «Van Mark Metal Master Commercial MM 1051" model:
|Number of clamps||5 pieces.|
|Number of springs||4 things.|
|The maximum thickness of the metal sheets used||0.7 mm|
|The maximum thickness of the aluminum sheets used||0.8 mm|
|The maximum bending angle implemented||180 degrees|
|infeed depth||52 cm|
|machine length||320 cm|
|The height of the machine||60 cm|
|The width of the machine||49 cm|
|cost of||32700 rubles|
Sample «Van Mark Metal Master Commercial MM 1051" model
Stepping assembly process
listogiba manufacturing manual begins with solving some problems in theory:
Step №1: decide on a type of drive
In order to bend the sheet metal can be constructed and used one of the following drives:
- Mechanical. It can be represented as a flywheel and clutch crank or as a falling weight with a system of ropes, pulleys and levers. It has a high efficiency, but is not suitable for our case. The fact that at the beginning of its working stroke, a sharp blow, which then weakens and require just the opposite effect for bending metal sheets;
- Electric. Here there is the problem of a different nature: a significant drop in efficiency and an increase in power consumption when working with small-sized fragments. This occurs because, while resisting steel foldable motor slip increases, and the torque decreases;
EXAMPLE electric motor
- Hydraulic. In these devices, the hydraulic cylinder adjusts its own force under the resistance of the metal part. They would be ideal, if not the cost too expensive for home-made machine;
EXAMPLE hydraulic motor
- Manual. Despite the fact that in this case will be the driving force behind your hands, this drive is ideal for home-made machine. It is most easy to manufacture, does not require the consumption of electric power and will cost inexpensive.
At the same time you get right and even pressure. Handbrake is what we choose to construct an improvised listogiba.
Most importantly, the right to construct a machine that worked during its operation, the strongest muscle groups, and the return of the foot pressed to the floor of the operator. In this case, the process will not be too exhausting.
Step №2: Choose a working circuit for the machine
Now you need to decide how to work your home-made machine for bending sheet metal.
You can choose from the following schemes:
- With traverse. This method allows for bending sheet steel arms to 0.5 mm thick. In the diagram, you can familiarize yourself with it:
The scheme of flexible metal sheet using traverse
I recommend that in the operation method described in a traverse strain at its lower part and feeding forward a little, however vyglazhivaya steel. In this case, bending get the most correct and accurate.
- Using a press,. This option is widely used in industry. For a private studio as he was too traumatic, as in the presence of a fault in the slightest device or an error in the filling material sheet may slip and cause serious damage the operator;
Scheme of bending sheet metal using a press
- With the shaft system. These are the lingering listogiby that you can buy in the area of 1500-2500 USD. May be manual or electrical. Very easy to use, but hard realizable own hands.
Prolonged manual listogib
The easiest way to create a sheet bender with his hands, bending metal with the help of traverse, so this option and consider further.
Step №3: define the basic parameters of the future of the machine
Homemade listogib should possess the following qualities to be effective in the home use:
- Do not overextend operator. Once we decided on manual drive, let them work for the machine will not be for you to hard labor;
Bending process should not be a debilitating
- be simple from a technical point of view and low;
- Easily transported. Very often, you might want to stick to the details directly on-site performance of roofing works.
Operation listogiba on the customer side
Based on the foregoing, I propose to focus on the following technical characteristics of the manufactured device:
|The maximum width of the bendable webs||100 cm|
|The maximum thickness of the bendable webs||
|The number of full cycles before the need for debug or repair work||1200|
|The angle of the fold||120 degrees|
I recommend welds to do as little as possible, because of them leads prefabricated components, and durability are under alternating loads can not boast.
Welding in this situation - not the best solution
Step №4: compose a drawing corresponding to all of the above conditions
Handbrake, traverse, ease of use, compact size and a few other important parameters. Now all this Fast forward to drawing:
The drawing of the future scheme homemade listogiba
|2||The supporting beam in the form of sill with the cross section of 10-12 cm|
|3||Schochka of six-millimeter sheet|
|4||The product that has passed through|
|5||Pressure plates made of welded together over the dimensions of 6 and 8 cm|
|6||traverse axis as the pin cross section 10 mm|
EXAMPLE suitable for creating a reference beam sill
The material of all components - structural steel. Separately I want to dwell on the traverse.
In many descriptions you can find that, as it proposed to use the area. I strongly advise you to set channel that will stand up to 6 times longer work cycles. As for size, the optimum for our case to be 8-10 cm.
Step №5: turn to familiarize with the detailing and fabrication of basic elements
Many drawings does not happen. The detail everything will be painted on paper, the less likely a mistake in the process of performing assembly work. Therefore I propose to your attention the detailing manufactured equipment:
Detailing homemade listogiba
|1||The clamp 4-6 cm from the corner, fixed by screws M8 or M10|
|4||Corner bracket 11 cm|
The assembly of the presser jig perform in accordance with this scheme, after which the resulting assembly is required we return to milling. As a base steel strip take nip size 1.6 to 8 cm. It also frezeruem leading edge angle of 45 degrees.
To prevent deflection of the pressing, the top of the support thereof shestidesyatkoy area by welding.
Step №6: implementing the retaining system
It is possible to fix the device clamps. But then, if at least one of them breaks down, then the work will be immediately, as the machine starts to bend not detail, and raise himself.
Therefore, I suggest an alternative and more practical solution:
- Lengthen the support beam of the edge of the table;
- Create on its edges of the U-shaped lugs;
- Fasten it to the table with bolts M10.
Step №7: Putting it all together
So I present to you already drawing the final assembly:
Scheme final assembly
|2||Flywheel screw type|
|4||The product is processed|
You are familiar with how you can make a machine for bending sheet metal in the home, and why it is generally necessary. Videos in this article contains additional materials, and in the comments, you can ask any questions on the topic.
EXAMPLE manufactured home machine for bending metal sheets