The design of a large kitchen: 5 styles of interior comfort and beauty
Table of contents
- 1 Choosing a large kitchen layout
2 Which style to choose for a large kitchen?
- 2.1 Style 1. Ecostyle
- 2.2 Style 2. Loft
- 2.3 Style 3. Scandinavian
- 2.4 Style 4. High tech
- 2.5 Style 5. Minimalism
- 3 Output
To successfully build a spacious kitchen, you need to take into account the layout of the room, choose a style and quality materials.
If you think you have a great kitchen design to create a lighter than small - are wrong. The spacious kitchen can be super beautiful, and cook on it will be uncomfortable. I faced this problem, and I had to study the idea of layouts and styles from all sides. To those who do not want to fill the same bumps, share experiences.
Choosing a large kitchen layout
Planning a large kitchen should be designed to trifles. Despite the large area, everything should be on hand: furniture and equipment should not only be combined in style, but also well-positioned.
a large area of kitchen design does not negate the rule of the triangle: sink, stove and refrigerator - within a small triangle for easy cooking.
Properly built work triangle speed up the process of cooking.
Can be arranged dining table and work area is one island that is in the middle of the kitchen. it can not be done in a small dining room, but in the spacious kitchen it is comfortable and modern.
The space under this area of the island can be used for pull-out shelves or even built-in appliances
On the other hand, it is a large area allows you to divide the working and dining area. The work area can comfortably accommodate bar - for a quick snack.
But a large dining table and chairs can be placed in another part of the kitchen. By selecting different materials or finishing their texture or color, you delimit the space visually for each zone.
EXAMPLE dining arrangement and the working zone
Zoning the kitchen, you can use:
- Various lighting products.
- Finishing the ceiling, floor or walls of different materials.
- Different color accents.
Two zones can be placed large kitchens - working and dining
Another interesting option zoning kitchen space
On large kitchens often it uses L-shaped and U-shaped layout. Placing furniture on only one wall (single-row layout) is less common.
Convenient solution - L-shaped layout with the preservation of the triangle
Which style to choose for a large kitchen?
Large kitchen - is a huge scope for creativity: here you different styles, accessories, home appliances, etc... Scandinavian or Ecostyle, lakonchiny brutal minimalism or loft, or maybe tech high-tech? Which style to choose?
This spacious room can combine different styles such as minimalism and high-tech
Style 1. Ecostyle
Ecostyle - a skillful combination of pastel and beige colors, wooden accessories and furniture. The exclusive use of natural materials and eye-pleasing colors allow to make the kitchen a cozy and warm.
Wooden Bottle holders, mini-cloths or other accessories can be made with your own hands.
Basic principles ekostilya a large kitchen:
- Selection of natural materials - are particularly popular wood and stone. From linoleum, plastic and so on. D. will have to give. you need to put a lot of money to create an authentic ekostilya - because the price of high-quality ceramic tiles, natural flooring, furniture and other natural materials is high enough. But in the end you will be able to convey the identity ekostilya.
Furniture, floor and even the beams on the ceiling is better to make out of wood in the same color
- The choice of light and / or "warm" colors. Ecostyle "likes" white color in the finish, as well as green and pale yellow shades. Since the kitchen a large area does not need a visual extension of the space, you can safely use all the variations of brown - it perfectly emphasizes the wooden elements. To achieve the contrast, you can safely use the light and dark tones.
Green, white and brown - a combination of inherent EKOSTIL
- Association with nature. Stools in the form of stumps, a large number of home colors, wall panels made of wood - it all helps to add a kitchen "spirit" of nature.
The ecological style is very popular panels of the present green
Textiles attention - towels, curtains, pot holders, chair covers and so on.. You must have the same colors as the kitchen. Preference is given to products made of natural fabrics - linen or cotton. The interior fit towels and curtains crafting colors or floral patterns.
Seat covers and cushions, tablecloths and coasters under hot executed in basic colors, will make the interior more harmonious
Style 2. Loft
In a small room is difficult to implement urban style loft, which was created to emphasize the freedom of expression. But in spacious rooms it feels more than comfortable.
Loft different profusion of natural and artificial lighting, muted colors and "bare" communications
The principal differences between the loft-style:
- Maximum "bleakness" in finishing. Leave the ventilation on the ceiling or the pipeline system. The walls also have to look as "intact", so they often make out the brickwork. On the ceiling are settling wooden or metal beams.
Open pipes and beams, "naked" brick walls - the typical characteristics of the loft
- Urbanistichnoy combination of modern and stylish retro. Pipes with the effect of "aging" or copper taps to wash delicate thread can be safely combined with cutting-edge appliances, masonry - with strict bar stools and concise accessories.
In order to most accurately convey the style loft, combine modern appliances and lighting with retro chairs and antique table
- Muted shades with abundant natural and artificial light. In the loft used warm but muted shades - brown, brick, ocher. The main color "favorites" style - gray and black, which are diluted with white for contrast. At the same characters for the loft is very large windows and the use of a large number of diverse lighting fixtures.
If the layout of the kitchen allows, you can make the window on the wall to the room was the most natural light.
On a large kitchen it is important to properly distribute artificial light source - the light will brighten up the muted tones. Floor lamps, ceiling spotlights, downlights and "bundles" of hanging lamps must be placed in different areas of the kitchen - they should be a lot.
Style loft - a set of lamps of different shapes
Favorite among the original fixtures for loft - Edison lamp, which even without the ceiling can be used for the entourage
The loft designers often mixed with vintage hi-tech, and achieve harmony in a large kitchen between these two directions will not be easy. Another simple instruction - the less loaded room, the more "free" and get the right loft.
Loft looks best if the room is enough free space
Style 3. Scandinavian
Particulars of a large kitchen in a Scandinavian style are very similar to the creation of ekointerera. Still, the Scandinavian motives must be clearly discernible.
Scandinavian style is always bright and spacious
Features Scandinavian style:
- The lighter, the better. The most successful color for Scandinavian cuisine - white. He can add bright accents, pastel colors.
In the photo - the Scandinavian cuisine: white - basic and bright accessories
- Active use of wood. Among the finishing materials special privileges in all aspects of a tree - the flooring, ceiling, wooden furniture and accessories.
Scandinavian style does not tolerate artificial materials.
- Free space. Furniture should be small and ergonomic. Textiles and small accessories to use in loft interior can be, but it is important - do not overdo it. A free space in the room to be very much.
The interior of a large kitchen in the Scandinavian style should be bright colors
Style 4. High tech
The ultra-modern hi-tech style always looks spectacular. It can be described with the words "strict", "concise", "neat." Each line prevails correct geometric shapes and used monochrome neutral finish.
Glass or chrome surfaces, metal accessories, high-gloss finish on the furniture - all of it is inherent in hi-tech.
The distinctive features high-tech style:
- Colors: black, white, gray and metallic shades. bright and rich colors as accents or the pitch is also widely used. But the patterns and designs is better not to use high-tech "loves" monotony.
Glass surfaces, white, black - often used in high-tech style
- materials: plastic, glass and metal in various combinations.
- Accessories and furniture: the most modern equipment and furniture.
Hi-tech - straight lines, modern technology, reflective surfaces
- Lighting: in large kitchens need to create multiple zones of lighting. And as the urban high-tech does not tolerate unnecessary details, the most popular are the spotlights.
- shapes: Classically high-teke used strict geometric shapes with straight edges.
Clarity and conciseness of forms - one of the main conditions for creating the interior in high-tech style.
Style 5. Minimalism
Large kitchen suitable for the implementation of the main ideas of minimalism. In this interior has a lot of space, so you can leave only smooth surfaces and clear lines.
Hide all distractions can look at the built-in wardrobes and cupboards.
Minimalist design principles:
- Minimum spare parts and accessories. On the minimalist kitchen is not necessary to hang pictures on the walls, decorate the room bright textiles, post colored crockery on open shelves - the laconic interior, the better.
The lack of fine detail allows us to emphasize the minimalist straight lines
- Lots of free space. The best option is considered continuous series of built-in furniture - long working surface and broad pass band.
Built-in ergonomic furniture emphasizes the style of minimalism.
- Plain finish. Minimalism does not like flashy wallpaper or tile with a bright pattern. The optimal solution - to paint walls in one color and the flooring to use 1-2 color (eg, gray and white, white with black or other conservative tone).
With a minimum of accessories on the minimalist kitchen retains the functional
Now that you know how to create an impressive design a large kitchen, which is also easy to use. You can also arm design ideas, which are shown in the video in this article. If you have any questions - ask them in the comments, help advice.