The design of the walls with his own hands (60 photos): decoration with the help of templates, stone finish, use of wallpaper before painting and decoration of brick surfaces
Table of contents
1 Decorating using templates
- 1.1 Tools and materials
- 1.2 The sequence of work
- 2 Decorating the walls of stone
- 3 The use of wallpaper before painting
- 4 Brick wall
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
If you are tired of watching the banal wallpaper on the walls, you want to diversify the interior of the apartment, the design of the walls with his own hands is exactly what you need. Self finish was a complete flight of your imagination and the diversity of original approaches to interior design.
When decorating the walls with his own hands, you can use cloth or leather, glue and stickers to paint through stencils, placed on the walls of various crafts, plates or pictures.
Decorating using templates
Give a room a whole new kind of help template design - drawings refresh and update the room.
Often the repair of small rooms used in decoration and ornament for this we need a template.
Tools and materials
- heavy paper or cardboard;
- sharp knife;
- masking tape;
- lacquer coating pattern;
- paint pattern;
- swab of foam.
The sequence of work
- Begin by transferring you liked the pattern or ornament directly on the template. In our case, it will be made of heavy paper. Along the edges of the paper, leave a few centimeters, so it can be wall mounted masking tape.
- If you want to decorate wall ornament belt, you need a template of length not less than a meter, and if you plan to make a multi-colored pattern, for each color required a separate template.
- Billet cover varnish, it is necessary for strength. Cut design with a special knife for paper.
- If the ornament is provided a long pattern or a circle, in the middle should be left free site, it is necessary to attach the pattern to the substrate.
- Wall on which is disposed a pattern, mark up, anchoring pattern on a substrate masking tape. For coloring pour a small amount of paint on a flat surface.
- The pattern is painted foam swab. This should be done gradually, touch point perpendicular pattern.
Note! Work should be very careful, because the slightest wrong move can ruin the whole picture. When typesetting ink pad, be sure to remove any excess. Paint the left. In the same direction to move the pattern.
To have your picture looked clear, after dyeing should take some time. If you move the template once, do it very carefully so as not to smear the image.
Thus, one can easily make the design of the walls in the nursery or bedroom.
Example of wall decoration in baby's room
Widely used application of Venetian plaster, which are always relevant, as both simple and refined.
Example wall design
We begin with a business card of the whole house - hallway. All the halls are made approximately in the same style. They are united by a certain set of things and furniture attributes, without which it can not be. The design of the walls and ceiling - it is perhaps the most important decision in this area.
Walls can be made of a cork panel, which is made from the bark of the cork oak. The panel is characterized by excellent sound and heat insulation, it does not require additional processing and is easy to install on the surface. The tube can be of different colors, and its thickness is not more than 5 mm.
Decorating the walls of stone
The most effective is considered finished stone design.
It can be done in two ways. The first involves the laying of stone across the surface of the wall, and the second - only partially finished.
For example, it can be finishing the fireplace with his hands or work area in the kitchen. The choice of materials is great for this purpose is widely used marine and river pebbles, wild stone, coquina, sandstone.
Specific differences do not, so you can pick them up solely in your personal preferences. As wall finishing stone can be used not only natural but also artificial elements.
Modern technology offers a variety of materials externally identical to natural stone. These plates consist of expanded clay or sand, cement and contain various colorants, which can achieve the similarity with natural materials.
stone wall design example
With artificial stone is much easier to work with, it is very easy and cheaper than usual. If you have a large number of stone requires necessarily have natural differences in shades and artificial, this problem is completely eliminated.
Due to the properties of the material, it is possible to decorate light structures, which have a large load capacity. Furthermore, the surface of artificial stone does not require regular cleaning because of the lack of pores and cracks.
The use of wallpaper before painting
The least time-consuming and requires no special skills decor design method is considered to be the walls for painting.
Such repair the walls with his own hands will allow you to save considerably in the future. Wallpapers can be coated with paint to 10 times, changing colors and shades.
- The first type - paper. They are good to use for bedrooms and living rooms, as well as for other areas, where it is constantly maintained a normal level of moisture in the walls of which are not submitted to the special health requirements.
- The second type - fiberglass. They are considered the most robust among the variety of wallpaper. Suitable for rooms with high load on the wall. It can be walk-in closets or hallways.
- On flizeline basis are very popular. This is due to the fact that the basis for including natural ecological fiber. Vinyl is applied to the surface, after which the web is processed in special furnaces.
- There is a second type of vinyl wallpaper. They are designed for kitchens and other premises requiring frequent wet cleanings. If properly selected dye (usually a latex-based) can be wet cleaning the surface with the use of detergents.
Note! If your intention is to paint the walls in bright colors. Dark spots may shine not only through the wallpaper, but also after the application of paint in two layers. Take very seriously the surface preparation before pasting.
Once upon a time it was considered very fashionable and shocking to have the house painted, or even completely plastered brick wall fragments.
Like all fashion, design brick wall back to us with its former popularity.
A fragment of brick wall in the kitchen
This element will be very convenient, as is suitable for all types of facilities. In the living room pieces of brick walls can be covered with special ecological paint in areas such as kitchen and bathroom brick wall to protect water-repellent base.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.