Repair of balconies (42 images): Step by step instructions
Table of contents
- 1 Mounting frame
- 2.1 The walls and ceiling
- 2.2 floor device
- 3 Summing up
- 4 Photo Gallery
Repair of balconies - quite specific procedure, when compared with the work in other areas. We'll show you how to choose the finishing materials for the balcony, as well as about the sequence in which performed repair work.About the order of execution of works there is no consensus among professional decorators. Some believe that the work should begin with the floor first, and then move on to the walls and ceiling repair (because after finishing the walls to make out the old wooden floor would be very difficult).
Others perform primarily repair balconies roof, walls and engaged in the least laid a new floor.
List of works:
- finishing plastic, wood paneling, paint or other materials;
- electrical work (installation of sockets, installation of chandeliers, lamps);
- stacking the parapet and the side walls;
Note! If you are planning on a balcony to make the rough floor, which will be hidden under the finishing floor coverings, start finishing the interior with its installation. After that go to the ceiling and walls. Finishing as floor coverings should be laid in such a scheme after finishing the ceiling and walls.
The process of mounting frame:
- Measure the dimensions of the frame and order.
- Assemble the frame in an open area and up to the balcony on the ropes.
- Balcony on top of the frame is fixed a few hangers for mounting it to the ceiling. In some cases, you can do without hangers, for example, if there is the possibility of mounting frame by means of the profile.
- Drain is better to fix the visor parallel to the frame, along its length. Otherwise, the alignment can be deformed canopy frame.
Note! For fastening the frame, you will need at least three people.
- The frame is attached by means of anchor bolts center.
- Bottom and sides of the frame is sealed with foam, and then work ceased for 5-12 hours until complete drying of the sealant.
- excess foam is removed, all sections neatly handled with a silicone sealant.
The walls and ceiling
Since the balcony is a room where there are changes in temperature and humidity, wallpaper for finishing balconies are not recommended. In most cases, they can not withstand more than 1-2 years old, peel, covered with mold, mildew.
According to repair the school: a loggia - a room that requires moisture resistant wall and ceiling coverings.
Wall panels - the material perfectly suitable for finishing balconies. In addition, their price is quite democratic.
Before finishing wall panels need to upholster their wooden or cork frame. Work on the installation of the panels is to connect them to each other on the principle of tongue and groove.
It should be borne in mind that the tongue groove, as a rule, on the back side of the panel is slightly longer than on the outside. That is why screwing or nailing the panels to the frame is not difficult.
If you plan to decorate with plastic or wooden panels not only the walls, but the ceiling, you should start with the installation of ceiling lag, which practically do not differ from the floor.
The vast majority of all the decorative panels on the ceiling, as well as "finishing" on the floor boards are located across the length, so the joists put along it.
It is usually sufficient to put 3 longitudinal joists in the ceiling, one in the middle, while the other two - along the longest wall, at a distance of 50 to 200 mm.
It is worth noting that perfectly dried lumber to date in selling almost does not occur. That is why after the installation of the boards, they should remain unattached to the end of the summer. Only after the final drying of all the boards are fastened to the joists.
Thus, repair of balconies with their hands in the non-professional decorators takes a little longer than that of professionals with extensive experience.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.