Toilet brush is the same as we used to see it, appeared in our houses a little later than the toilet itself - in the 30s of last century. Contrary to popular belief, this device is well known throughout the world, including in America, where it was invented. Without this simple, but irreplaceable thing, cleaning the toilet would turn into a very laborious and unpleasant occupation. And so - the rigid round brush on the long handle solves all problems.
Most of us get toilet brushes just on the occasion and do not think about the variety of species and features of this household item. But in order to maintain hygiene in the house at the proper level, knowledge of such trifles can be useful. In this article we will talk about what kind of toilet brushes are, how to choo
The toilet bowl has become so familiar to us that nobody seriously takes his purchase. However, being in the store and faced with a variety of modifications, we often find it difficult to make a choice. Consider the most popular models of toilet brushes.
Floor( with stand)
This is the most common type that stands next to the toilet in almost every home. It is an rounded brush on a plastic( most often) stick length of about half a meter. This fixture is held by a special stand-glass, into which water droplets from the bristles flow. This model of the toilet brush is the most inexpensive - the price for it starts from a few tens of rubles. The drawback of the design is that the water in the stand is a favorable environment for the development of pathogenic bacteria. That's why, for your own safety, the brush should be changed every few months.
Wall-mounted toilet brush
This is a more modern version of the floor model. A glass stand is attached to the wall, into which a brush is inserted. The brush fixed on the wall makes it easier to clean the toilet, as it slightly frees the floor, which is already cluttered in the bathroom. In addition, a toilet toilet brush is convenient for elderly people who find it difficult to lean towards the floor. Wall models are usually characterized by an unusual, beautiful design. Such brushes are often made of chrome metal or sanitary ware, which adds to the design of the bathroom aesthetics and style. Wall brushes for the toilet are slightly more expensive than floor models, as the kit also includes a set of fasteners.
The same as the previous version of the toilet brush, the suspension brush is attached to the wall. However, the is not held on a stand, but on a special hook. On the floor under the brush is installed a special container, into which water flows. This modification of the toilet brush has been recognized by experts as the safest in terms of hygiene, because the water from the container can be drained several times a day, and it is easier to wash it than a regular glass stand. Such brushes are often purchased for toilets in public establishments, where special requirements are imposed on the sanitary condition of the bathrooms. Most of the suspension models have a pleasant, stylish design. The price for hanging brushes starts from 500 rubles.
With toilet paper holder
Recently, models of toilet brushes have begun to appear, combining the functions of several bathroom fixtures. An example of such a model is a multifunctional model of a "hybrid" brush and a toilet paper holder. This device is a fairly high stand, on which two stands are fixed. This design solves the problem with a lack of space in the bathroom and allows you to keep all the necessary accessories at hand. Quite often this combination includes also stands for cleaning products or newspapers. Variants of brushes with a holder for toilet paper are quite numerous, so you can find suitable for any toilet.
The materials used in the production of toilet brushes are not particularly diverse. They have several basic requirements - water resistance, the ability to withstand the impact of aggressive cleaning agents and resistance to microbes.
Bristle brushes are usually made of synthetic material , which is inexpensive and easy to clean .There are also more expensive models with bristles from raw materials of natural origin, which need special care.
Handles of toilet brushes and stands for them are usually made of the same material. The most common materials are plastic, metal and sanitary ceramics. Occasionally, there are models produced, for example, from rare species of wood, but they perform a decorative function rather.
Plastic brushes are the most inexpensive option. This is not a pity and discard after a few months of use. Models from chrome-plated metal or ceramics are much more expensive and therefore require more careful handling.
In fact, the choice of toilet brushes today is simply huge. In addition to the classic options, you can find in the stores models that demonstrate the full range of designer fantasy and wit. Original brushes for the toilet are sold not only in sanitary ware shops, but also in the departments of jokes and jokes.
So, there is a whole series of toilet brushes in the form of famous politicians. They are caricature figures of presidents of different countries, who have a toilet brush instead of hair.
Popular brushes for the toilet in the form of cartoon animals or fairy-tale characters. Such models allow you to quickly teach your child to perform basic hygiene procedures.
Interesting models of toilet brushes, stylized bowling pins for bowling, pistols with a silencer or inverted glasses of wine.
Using such unusual, playful accessories in the design of the bathroom or toilet allows you to give the exterior appearance of the room a share of ease, so necessary for creating a harmonious interior.
Advice for choosing
To choose the right toilet brush is very easy, you just need to follow the following tips.
- The bristles of the toilet brush should be stiff - only in this case it will clean well even the old dirt. Soft bristles can only cope with simple dirt, and with a hard brush you can remove and lime scale.
- When buying a toilet brush, you need to pay attention to his pen. The length of the handle should be selected based on your height - so you do not have to bend too much. The material must be sufficiently rigid, otherwise the handle may break with little physical effort.
- Choose prefabricated models: if necessary, they can be easily washed, cleaned and dried. With such care, the service life of the toilet brush significantly increases.
How to use the brush?
There are several simple rules for using a toilet brush. One of them we observe intuitively, and others for someone may be a novelty.
- Firmly fix the brush in your hand before you start work. Do not grasp the handle too low - so you can stain or wet your hands.
- It is best to clean the toilet bowl with a wet brush. Feel dipping the brush in the toilet( of course, if the water in the sink is clean).For the best effect, pre-fill the drain with an antibacterial cleaner.
- After cleaning, rinse the brush by draining the water from the drain tank. So you will rid the brush of the unpleasant smell and most of the dirt.
- Dry the brush a little after cleaning: just tap them several times on the rim of the toilet bowl so that drops of water fall into the bowl.
For different models of toilet brushes the rules of treatment differ. So, the suspension brushes must be stored in accordance with the following recommendations:
- the bristles of the toilet brush should not touch the floor and the walls;
- the container into which water flows from the brush should be periodically cleaned.
For floor models, the rules are slightly different:
- in the stand-glass for the brush should be filled with antibacterial agent;
- itself brush should be changed once in three months.
The toilet bowls should be cleaned periodically - they will last longer and will be safer in terms of hygiene.
Mistresses use several common methods for cleaning toilet brushes:
- soak the brush in an antibacterial solution( for example, in hydrogen peroxide, a solution of potassium permanganate or a solution of boric acid);
- briefly lower the brush into concentrated acetic acid or into a solution of bleach( you need to be especially careful not to damage the skin);
- for an hour soak the brush in a mixture consisting of any concentrated cleaning agent, ½ cup soda, ¼ cup acetic acid and ½ liter of boiling water.