Electric garden shredder with their hands - 3 options for independent production
Table of contents
- 1 Why the need for shredder
2 Varieties of garden shredders
- 2.1 Power point
- 2.2 cutter bar
3 Production of garden shredders
- 3.1 Preparation tools and materials
- 3.2 Option 1: Two Shaft cutting mechanism
- 3.3 Option 2: the cutting mechanism with disc cutters
- 3.4 Option 3: a knife cutting mechanism
- 4 conclusion
We improvised grinder all the moving parts must be covered with protective covers.
You do not know what to do with unnecessary branches after pruning fruit trees in the garden? To solve this problem, it is possible to assemble garden shredder with their hands. I will detail the technology of manufacturing these devices and tell you how you can use shredded waste wood.
Why the need for shredder
Garden shredder (shredder) - a mechanical device with electric or petrol driven, which intended for the processing of plant foliage, twigs of shrubs and trees, fallen leaves and other waste gardening.
- At the output of such a device is obtained finely chopped biodegradable weight;
- It takes a small amount, so it is easy to store or dispose of with household waste.
At the same time, I advise you not to throw away the crushed wood, because it can be applied with advantage in the household, for example:
- Fuel. Coarsely chopped the thick branches of the trees should be well dried in the sun and then used as a fuel for home furnaces or solid fuel boiler;
- Insulation. Very finely chopped chips from dry branches should be mixed with a liquid clay solution at a ratio of 2: 1. This mixture can be used for thermal insulation of the ceiling above the bath, barn and summer kitchen;
For thermal insulation of the ceiling can be used only on dry kindling twigs of healthy, unaffected by rot and mold.
- Organic fertilizers. Of chopped wet foliage on succulent green plants with their own hands, you can make a good natural fertilizer:
- It must fill in the compost box abundantly watered with water and cover with plastic wrap;
- Every 2-3 days preyuschuyu mass necessary to moisten with water and turn to fresh air;
- After a few weeks, she completely perepreet and you will get high-quality compost fertilizer.
- Mulching filling. Chopped thin branches and rough tops of plants can be used as an additive to the ground mulching:
- Earth between the beds and around tree trunks it is necessary to pour water and fluff;
- Top fill crushed twigs and dry remains of foliage;
- This protects the soil from filling the evaporation of moisture and the formation of a solid dry crusts, and also prevents the germination of weeds.
The mixture of waste wood for soil mulching should have a fine uniform consistency.
I do not advise to use for mulching grass and crushed weeds. They may be mature seeds, which germinate in the ground and will give new shoots of weeds.
Varieties of garden shredders
Vetkoizmelchitel to make their own hands, we first need to decide on its model. They come in several types. Here I will explain how they differ, and what their strengths and weaknesses.
According to the power unit type it may be gasoline or electric:
- petrol shredder It is driven by a compact petrol engine capacity of 4-8 horsepower. It is mounted on a common frame, and to transmit torque is applied the chain, belt or Cardan drive.
- Ability battery life allows the use of petrol unit where there is no permanent connection to the electricity, for example, in the garden, in the field, in wood on the wood workpiece, etc .;
- Petrol engines develop more torque than the electric. Due to this quality, with the same capacity they are able to grind thicker branches.
- Large dimensions and considerable weight;
- The need for forced air cooling or water;
- High specific fuel consumption and high noise levels;
- The need for scheduled maintenance, refueling constant and periodic replacement oil.
Before starting the shredder with petrol drive, be sure to add fuel engine oil.
- electric shredder It operates from a single-phase electric motor 1,2-7,5 kW. The torque from the motor shaft is transmitted through a belt or gear train. Engine power is selected depending on the tasks:
- Power 1-2 kW sufficient for the processing of grass and leaves, foliage garden plants and small branches of trees;
- When the engine power 3-4 kW he will be able to grind the whole garden waste and branches up to 40 mm in diameter;
- Engine power 6-8 kW is able to cope with any debris and branches to 120-150 mm thick.
- Compact size and light weight;
- Availability and low cost. You can use any suitable electric power from a decommissioned industrial equipment;
- The possibility to choose the power of the power unit for specific tasks;
- Electric motors are equipped with built-in fan, so do not require additional cooling;
- The need to connect to the mains. For this reason, these devices can not be used in the woods or in a remote garden;
- To connect a powerful electric motor (2 kW) can not use an ordinary power strip, so it is necessary to supply a separate power cable of large cross section;
When using an electric grinder is important to adjust the belt tension is correct.
In my opinion, the electric motors are easier to maintain and cheaper to operate. If you plan to use the shredder grass or branches within your site, I suggest to equip its electric drive.
Most often homemade garden shredder equipped with a knife cutting mechanism. It comes in three types:
- Milling cutter mechanism. Such a device comprises a package typesetting disk cutters that fit onto a common rotary shaft:
- The side of the cutting wheel on the machine frame is rigidly fixed counter knife;
- When feeding branches into a hopper, they get accustomed to the cutting edge of the counter knife, and cut into small chips plurality of teeth on the disk cutters;
- The pulp has a uniform finely chopped structure, so it takes a small amount and is well suited for mulching the soil;
- This mechanism is easy to make your own hands, even without special equipment and machine tools;
- small capacity motor can be used to operate the device (2 kW);
- Not very high performance;
- High noise levels;
The degree of grinding wastes can be adjusted by changing the distance from the counter knife to the cutting wheel unit.
- Disc cutter mechanism It represents a rotating metal disk on which radially arranged several knife blades:
- On all sides the disc is closed casing in which are cut two windows;
- Threads are fed through the front window and pererubaet rotating disk with blades;
- Through the side window of the lower chipped wood residues fall into the receptacle.
- Low noise and good performance;
- Texture and waste dimensions regulated disc rotation frequency and feed rate of the branches;
- Such branches garden shredder produces stumps of various lengths (from 20 to 200 mm), and therefore well suited for firewood;
- The ability to use the drive PTO mini tractor or walking tractor;
- Large dimensions and heavy bulky design;
- For normal safe operation of the blades need to be sharpened periodically;
- To require a powerful electric or gasoline engine.
For preparation of large logs for firewood cutting machine casing should be removed.
- Two Shaft cutter mechanism It consists of two parallel steel shafts mounted in rolling bearings on a common frame:
- On each shaft are four tangentially blade angularly offset 90 °;
- Both shaft kinetically connected between a gear or chain transmission;
- The location and the rotation shaft is designed in such a way that their blades intersect in the same plane, but do not cling to each other;
- When feeding branches themselves are tightened between the rollers and counter rotating blades grind them into small pieces.
- High productivity and simplicity of operation;
- Such a mechanism can handle any garden waste, from grass and leaves to the roots, bark and dry thick branches;
- The device will work even with blunt knives;
- Required for the manufacture of turning and precise engineering calculations;
- The drive motor must have sufficient capacity (at least 3 kW);
- Massive bed with shafts is heavy.
Two Shaft Shredder with a powerful electric motor can be easily grind even the planks with nails.
Production of garden shredders
Preparation tools and materials
In spite of the different design and mode of operation, for the manufacture of all types of cutting mechanisms will need about the same set of tools and materials.
|Illustration||list of tools|
If you do not have a lathe or a milling machine, all machine tool operation may be taken for a row in any machine shop.
Fasteners and auxiliary materials:
Option 1: Two Shaft cutting mechanism
Garden electric shredder with two rampart knife mechanism is considered to be the most difficult, because for its production requires turning and milling work on metal:
|Illustration||Description of work|
The kinetic scheme of the cutting mechanism:
Frequency speed and power of the cutting mechanism can be controlled by varying the ratio of the diameters of the drive pulley. With an increase in the diameter of the drive pulley on the engine rotation speed is increased stab shafts, but the power is reduced, and vice versa.
Option 2: the cutting mechanism with disc cutters
The disc mechanism can be assembled from ready-made components. It has a simple design, so this shredder is easy to make with their hands in the home studio:
|Illustration||Description of work|
circular saws Package:
If you do not have a suitable ready-shaft, you can order its manufacturing at any locksmith. You will need only a little money, and your drawings.
Assembling the disk grinder:
Option 3: a knife cutting mechanism
To make the garden shredder with disc knives can do without any turning operations. If you are lucky, all the components can be found in scrap metal or tractor brigade:
|Illustration||Description of work|
Instructions for the production of:
Installation and Getting Started:
Now you'll be able to make any model shredder for recycling garden waste. Especially because it does not need to buy expensive components and materials. I advise to pay attention to the video in this article, and all your wishes and questions can write to me in the comments.