Repair of wooden doors, laminated, sliding, balcony designs
Table of contents
1 types of doors
- 1.1 Depending on the material
- 1.2 According to the method of opening
- 2 Repair and restoration of wooden blocks
3 Repair of various kinds of doors
- 3.1 laminated
- 3.2 sliding
- 3.3 The balcony
- 4 On the door of the Chinese production
- 5 Two words about the guides
- 6 Summing up
In this article we will highlight in detail a topic such as the repair of wooden doors, consider the most frequent types of failures and ways to eliminate them.
types of doorsWe shall touch briefly classification. This will help us in the future to choose the correct repair strategy.
Signs are quite a few (about 10). We will focus on two main - materials and open way.
Depending on the material
According to the method of opening
Repair and restoration of wooden blocks
Often the repair of old doors are made because of problems with the hinges either to shatter box, which leads to the appearance of cracks, poor closing
In order to strengthen the box need to drill or a hammer drill with a 10 mm diameter.
The sequence of works:
- Door removed from its hinges, removes all trims.
- Box equalized in level and fixed by wedges.
- The uprights are drilled at the box opening 2 on each side, in which is then driven into a wooden or metal (in the case of using wooden Never nail to be further applied to these epoxy layer adhesive) pins.
Note! If the same problem in the loops, you must unscrew the old screws, wood screws and a new nest for them to lubricate the glue and produce a return fixture.
Screw the hinges to a new location
If the repair of the old door is necessary because much loosening of sockets, hinges should be moved to a new location, previously prepared with a chisel.
When subsidence due to wear make loops substrate of small washers oiled machine grease and dressed each buttonhole axis. Similar works are easily performed with his own hands.
Our repair school interior doors are made of wood restores follows:
- Remove the door from its hinges and placed on an elevated surface, convenient for continuous operation.
- Remove the old paint - paint or varnish. You can use srednefraktsionnuyu sandpaper, acetone, industrial dryer and spatula.
- After removal of the surface polished with fine sandpaper.
- Deep scratches aligned special putty for wood with a trowel. The mixture is allowed to solidify again and was treated with fine sandpaper.
- The ground surface is applied a layer of lacquer or paint by brush (corners and thin surface) and a roller (large area).
If the repair is carried out input wooden door, adjacent to the street, for the application to use a special water-resistant varnish.
Tip! The coating to be more resistant, apply at least 2-3 coats of paint or varnish.
Repair of various kinds of doors
The most common problem is laminated doors - swelling and flaking surface. The most common problem occurs because of the poor quality of the material, so thinking how to make repairs in the room on their own, do not forget about the door.
The only way to repair the laminated doors - edge replacement, which can be easily purchased at a furniture or home improvement store.
Laminated doors after renovation
The classic problem of the sliding interior doors coupe - derailing the upper rollers with the guide rails.
This may be caused by one of two reasons:
- loosening the fastening strap, which is fastened to the top rail;
- weakening of the adjusting mechanism of the carriages.
Repair sliding door in the first case involves re-fastening the upper bracket with a slight displacement in the direction or hammering in the previous dowel holes, and then screws.
In the second case, you need to re-adjust the door and put under lock nuts adjusting screws.
Classical metal-plastic balcony door
Nowadays, classical balcony door is considered to be the product of metal with swing-out mechanism, although in some places still have wooden balcony design Soviet-style. The third most common are plastic door coupe.
If wooden doors and balcony doors coupe repaired in the same way as their interior brethren, the repair of the balcony block of plastic with a swing-out mechanism has features.
Most often need repair if damaged glazing and hardware malfunction.
And if the first is the fault of the owners, the second - is simply a sign of poor quality fittings and continuous operation.
Replacement of glass is as follows:
- Carefully dismantled plastic rails that hold the glazing in the window and removed the damaged glazing.
- Measure the width, height and depth of the double-glazed window and ordered a new, identical in size to the old.
- New double-glazed window is inserted into the frame and fastened with plastic strips.
Independently replace hardware you are likely to fail, because it requires knowledge and experience. Caused by the wizard can without danger of damaging the cells to remove the old part of the fittings, mount new ones, and also to make a professional setting.
Tip! Independently find out the model used by the hardware (usually substandard Chinese models accessories are prototypes of good European models), and buy high-quality European components. This will save on the double challenge to master.
On the door of the Chinese production
Do not want to once again discredit the products produced by this Asian country, but so Traditionally, the quality of most of the products exported from China, often can not withstand any criticism.
The doors are no exception. And if some minor household appliances at the very least, you can use, the door is not worth saving and better quality of the system to order in Europe. Yes, the price is attractive, but the quality leaves much to be desired.
Note that the repair of the Chinese door usually is simply impossible, because their coat does not lend itself to secondary treatment.
Two words about the guides
The presence of the limiter, which is still often underestimated, very positive effect on the durability of hinges and handles.
Repair the door stop in the event of a breakdown is removing old product and replace it with new.
Do not forget that the limiter should be installed so that the focus come in anywhere from the center to the outer edge of it.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.