Consumption per 1m2 of plaster: a methodology and calculation rules
Table of contents
- 1 Factors influencing the amount of material
2 calculation procedure
- 2.1 Example of calculation of layer thickness
- 2.2 application rates of mixture of different types of
- 3 Total
If you decide to repair their own apartments, to determine the financial costs as well as the volume required for the purchase of material, you need to calculate the consumption per 1 m2 of plaster.
However, if the repair you hire outside experts, the knowledge of the general principles of construction materials flow calculation will not be superfluous. After all, knowing how to calculate the required amount of raw materials, you can have more control over your financial costs.
Aligning the wall plastering represents one of the simplest ways decoration. For jobs traditionally used cement or lime mortar. At the same time on the market today are a lot of special mixtures.
They make it possible not only to effectively align the wall, but also with the help of plaster texture gives the surface a variety of decorative effects.
The specifics of the use of mixtures caused by the fact that before the work is difficult to say exactly how much material is needed for leveling the surface.
And then the question arises - how to calculate the plaster?
In this article we will try as much as possible is available to describe the method by which the calculation is made of the material.
To start to define - from which the consumption of building material depends.
Factors influencing the amount of material
So what are the factors that influence the amount of material.
Two main factors:
1. The curvature of the walls. From how the plane surface deviates from the vertical or horizontal, depending how much of the material needed to carry out the alignment wall plastering. In new homes deviation may reach 20-25 mm.
But in the homes of old housing are possible surprises - you can come across as a perfectly smooth surface and wall with uneven curvature install beacons on that - things torment.
2. Type of. Depending on what mixture is used, the rate of use is different.
So, after we have decided on the nuances, you can go directly to the method of calculating the required volume.
Plaster consumption per 1 m2 calculated as follows.
We expect the desired layer thickness.
- Thoroughly clean the surface.
- Proveshivajut surface (expose the level beacons or beacon slats).
- In several places we define the key points in them we Gaugeable deviation of the surface from the plane. The more pixels, the better the result.
- We measure the deviations from the planned plane summarize the obtained deviation and divide by the number of measured points.
The photo installation beacons
Example of calculation of layer thickness
To calculate the layer thickness technique was clear, we present an example.
Suppose you want to surface 10 m² strewn uniformly on 50 mm (maximum variation of 5 cm).
- When staking at three points we obtain deviation of 1 cm, 3 cm and 5 cm.
- Summarize: 1 + cm + 5 cm 3 cm = 9 cm.
- Divide by the number of points proveshennyh 9 cm 3 = 3 cm.
- As we see, for uniform coating must be applied to the middle layer of 3 cm (1 cm thinnest layer, maximum 5 cm layer).
Note! When aligning beacons minimum layer thickness should be equal to 6 mm (height beacon).
Thus, the middle layer we have identified. It's time to ask the manufacturer's recommendations: more often than plaster consumption per m2 provided applying a layer of 10 mm is indicated on the packaging. If you have purchased a high quality proprietary blend, at this stage should be no problems.
We continue to work with our example. Assume that as the material for the walls with his own hands, we choose a dry mix based on gypsum binder Knauf Rotband. The manufacturer indicates that on plastering 1 m2 of surface layer at 10 mm required 8.5 kg of dry mix.
Occupational perform calculations with his own hands:
8.5 kg (rate) * 3 cm (average thickness) = 25.5 kg.
As a result, we got consumption mix Knauf Rotband to finish one square meter surface area of 25.5 kg.
In order to cover the entire surface area of 10 m2, we need:
10 m2 (surface area) * 25.5 kg (quantity per 1m2) = 255 kg.
This mixture is packed in bags of 30 kg. We calculate how many bags we need to buy in order to cover the surface.
255 kg (the required amount of the mixture): 30 kg (volume bag) = 8.5
Rounded (as in fact a necessary amount of a mixture is always larger than calculated) and obtain 9 sacks. It is the amount of formula, we need to buy for work.
As you can see, this technique is quite simple and will help you to determine the necessary amount of material to purchase. And even if you do not line the walls themselves, and hire experts - control still harmed to nobody!
application rates of mixture of different types of
As mentioned above, the type of the mixture determines the rate at 1m2:
- For the simplest gypsum mixture consumption by 1 m2 of the substrate layer is 10 mm 9 kg.
- For cement - cement to plaster of 16-18 kg / m2.
- Decorative mass consumed a total of about 8 kg / m2, but the exact amount depends on the type.
- Consumption "bark beetles" (finishing material for facades) is 2.5-3 kg / m2.
(Note! These figures are for a layer 1 mm)
Decorative coating "bark" (the price - from 360 rubles. )
However, if the calculation of the required amount of material causing your difficulty, you can use one of the online calculators consumption. These programs allow the calculation of the required amount of material, provided that you have identified the type know arable walls and the estimated layer thickness.
We hope that the methodology contained in this material will be useful in making repairs and the question "How do I calculate the amount of plaster?" Does not put you in a dead end! We can only offer you a useful video in this article.