Plaster of foam: preparing a mixture gluing mesh applying the plaster layer, primer and decor
Table of contents
- 1 Ready-mix
2 The sequence of work
- 2.1 grid pasting
- 2.2 grid Grout
- 2.3 Application of leveling compound
- 2.4 Grout leveling layer
- 2.5 priming
- 3 Apply the decorative plaster
- 4 Summing up
External wall insulation foam at home is gaining popularity. However, the material requires additional protection from external impact, so plaster of foam is virtually no alternative way.
Features and nuances of technology plastering foam insulation of the house and is dedicated to this material.So, you decide to insulate the house foam or its close relative - Penoplex. How to protect the insulation layer from mechanical damage, moisture, temperature and UV? Only one way out - plastering.
Plaster according Penoplex or foam includes the following steps.
- Preparation of mixtures.
- Preparation and gluing the mesh on the walls.
- Alignment walls.
- Grout alignment layer.
- Fine finishing decorative plaster with your hands.
For applying plaster on the foam and related materials are used for various blends with polystyrene materials. The leading producers are «Ceresit», «Ecomix», «the table».
Note! Not recommended for use in the decoration of the building blend from different manufacturers.
Some manufacturers product line for use with polystyrene plates contains one universal mass, others - two, one for gluing foam on the base, the second - to create a protective layer.
For sticking to the walls of the grid and perform further work is applied is a universal mass.
Flow rate is about 4 kg / m2 for gluing the mesh to 6 kg / m2 for aligning wall plastering.
When mixing is necessary to follow the manufacturer's recommendations indicated on the packaging.
As practice shows, for bonding grid is most convenient to use the mass with a consistency slightly thinner than recommended by the manufacturer.
For the alignment layer mass must be sufficiently fluid and substantially drain from the spatula.
Now, when we figured out how to make mortar for plaster, you can proceed to the grid gluing, which will be fixed plaster on the foam.
The sequence of work
Before plaster foam, care must be taken to align the mass could be fixed on the treated surface.
In order to securely hold the weight on the foam, it is obligatory to use the grid. The best option is "grid exterior facade works" density of 140-160 g / m2. Generally, the denser it is, the smoother the obtained layer, but at the same time dense mesh harder paste angles.
Note! Since the plaster of the foam are often used in cement-based mass, the grid must be alkali-resistant.
Pasting walls grid begins with sizing angles (including slopes of window and door openings):
- For sticking on a corner cut off a strip of a width of 30 cm and a length equal to the size of the slope.
- The strip bend right in the middle so that when removing the efforts of her was still a "rib"
- Using a spatula mass at universal inflict oshtukaturivayut slopes and angles. Thickness - 3.2 mm.
- Putting a mesh pasted to the surface with a spatula presses and smooths the movements of the angle to the side and downwards.
Once taped angles (must remain not glued side - they will be used for the sizing of joints), proceed to the pasting planes:
- Cut the pieces of the net from a roll of 1 meter.
- Using a spatula 350 mm universal plot the weight on the wall, the strip 1 m long, 90 cm wide (5 cm at each end is used for the sizing of joints mesh) and a layer of about 3 mm.
- Applies the grid and the same trowel smoothes it away from the center and from top to bottom. The mesh should be almost completely pressed into the adhesive mixture. When smoothing trowel may be added to the mixture slightly to fully close the structure.
- After one vertical strip is glued completely shifts to the next, and sizing, stacking overlapping strips to the joints are securely glued.
Bonding plaster mesh on foam
- Sizing overlapped joints in places of gluing the corners.
Note! If you do not leave not pasted grid segments, the resulting joint appears to be quite tough and can stand out even through the final finishing.
Glued (or rather, pasted into a universal mixture) need to wipe the net. Grout is made with a plastic trowel with emery cloth.
Grout produce on the dried mixture. During warmer months, the mixture dries in a few hours in a cool cloudy weather better to wait at least a day.
Clobber blend with the application of a small force in a circular motion clockwise. If the fall does not emery cloth dried mass, it will have to be replaced.
Application of leveling compound
Further plaster of foam (or similar thermal insulation materials) involves applying the alignment layer. For its application it is used all the same "universal mixture for arranging a protective layer."
applying the technology:
- At a spatula (350 mm or more) with a small spatula impose leveling compound.
- Movement trowel applied evenly on the wall mass. The thickness of the coating depends on the mesh grouting quality and an average of about 3 mm.
- Apply patches, seams plots tried to locate away from the grid joints.
Grout leveling layer
Grout is made on the same technology as the grout on the grid.
Grout leveling layer
Note! Pointing need no earlier than one day, but not later than 4 days after application. Otherwise you will have to make considerable efforts to carry out the procedure.
Is overwritten as long as possible until you get a smooth surface. That's it we are going to apply the finishing, such as decorative or textured plaster with your hands.
To finishing kept securely, you must primed base. For decorative facade plaster suitable primer with quartz grains (we recommend Ceresit CT 16). If we do not plan to plaster, and confine ourselves to the facade painting, can be used without primer quartz grains that leaves a smooth surface (we recommend Ceresit CT 17, the price - from 556 rubles.).
The primer is applied with a roller with short nap, being careful not to leave streaks.
Once primed surface, you are ready for final finishing of our building insulation!
Apply the decorative plaster
Decorative plaster with your hands on the leveled and primed base is applied to the following technologies.
Application of rough cast
- Using a spatula plot the base coat finish. The thickness of the coating should be uniform over the entire area plastered wall, and depends on the size of the mineral grains, a part of the plaster mixture. The larger the grain, the thickness of the plaster.
- After that, a small area with a sponge with large pores, spatula or trowel proceed to the formation of the decorative texture.
- When the entire area is covered, and texture is applied, leaving the surface dry. Completely dried decorative finish can be painted (the best - special paints for facade work) or covered with transparent protective agent.
It is for this technology is applied to the plaster on the foam. We hope the information was useful to you.
Now that you know how to plaster the walls. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find the necessary information on the question.