How to plaster angles: technology of work
Table of contents
1 finishing corners
- 1.1 Inside corners
- 1.2 outer corners
- 2 plaster soffits
- 3 common errors
- 4 important tips
- 5 Summing up
The most important stage in the performance of plaster works - angle processing. That they receive clear, smooth, without burls and valleys, little one desires, you must have experience, care and know the trade secrets. To learn how to plaster corners we asked professionals.
Internal angles that are formed between the two coincide with each other or the walls of the ceiling and the wall, among professionals called husks. Outer corners obtained at the junction of walls, called Usenko.
During plastering work, you can use one of two options of finishing interior angles. The first of these involves the docking of the treated wall had already lined, the second method - simultaneous two-plastering walls.
Consider the first method. Obryzg and primer layer upon by the classical way, leveled rule, starting from the corner in the direction of the wall. Further on the solution applied surface scratches and formed corner.
For this grater / puts the trowel edge to grab the surface at an angle of 30-40 degrees, is supplied to the inner corner, put on the newly laid on the walls of plaster and overwritten alternately movements up down. Laid flat on the tool just treated side, and the edge is pressed to grab the side.
Forth motions with strong pressure clean it from adhering fresh mortar. When the primer layer is grasped, thereon applied finish coat.
The second thin layer of finish coat already smoothed wooden or foam float so as to obtain a smooth surface free from voids, hillocks and pits.
In the final processing of the angle grater held so that it fell on the lower edge of the solidified direction and angle of slightly touched fresh plaster. Driving tool up / down the entire height of the angle. As a result, you'll have a clear edge superposed walls.
In the treatment of the two abutting walls at the same time work is going in the same way.
Metal corner bead (price - from 160 rubles).
Processing external corners during new construction or repair of buildings can also be accomplished by two methods. The first of these involves the use of the angular profile of the metal. This method makes it possible to plaster the walls at once both combinations and get in the end a solid angle.
The second method has two phases, the first plastered one side of the angle, then - another.
Metal corner profile allows without any particular problems to form a smooth and sturdy outer edge walls. On both sides of the central part of the profile adjacent grid shelves of different thicknesses (the latter slats is determined model). Before you apply a continuous layer of primer solution which consolidates the profile, it is necessary to dry.
Angle of rake can be placed on the thin layer of plaster mixture deposited a solid strip from the ceiling to the floor, in this case to expose the profile of the level is much easier. All angular metal profiles can be shortened if necessary.
Side shelves are cut with scissors on metal, and the central part of the - saw. Fixed rake can be used as a beacon at smoothing the plaster layer of primer.
Once the mixture has set firmly, it is necessary to cut the steel trowel, thus freeing space for the finish coat. She applied the classic way, with the thickness of the corner profile sets. To round off the resulting plaster angle processing using fine sandpaper.
Narrow plane of door / window openings, which are perpendicular to the walls, called slopes. When the plaster of slopes necessary to pay attention to the fact that the depth and the thickness of the created layer of solution must be equal.
Plastering window slopes
Due to such accuracy of the work width of the visible part of the window frame or door frame will be all over the uniform. Receive an equal depth of repose allows the metal corner profile equally remote from both the lower and the upper surface of window frame / box.
To work with the slopes it is recommended to have a template that will provide a uniform thickness of the plaster.
Instructions finishing slopes with their own hands:
- Secure the corner profile. On the floor sill or put right triangle knocked out rails (his leg length should be slightly greater slope width). One of the legs of the triangle push to horizontal Brus box / frame, and the other - to the front of the angular profile.
- Apply a pattern to a triangle so that its edge which faces the slope plane coincides with an edge leg attached to the profile. At the point where the pattern comes into contact with the inner edges of the vertical frame beams, make a mark with a pencil. At this point hammer a nail to protrude about 2.5 cm. If you use a template as a rule, the nail driven will play the role of the stop.
- When traveling on the up / down-axis distance between the template and the wall edge is not changed, it provides equal around the perimeter of the slope thickness plaster.
- Template focused you can do in a different way. At its end, with the sides of the box / frame saw out a rectangular ledge, which will abut against surfaces in a face vertical upright box / frame.
- The lower surfaces are plastered in the last turn. Begin applied primer layer, working in the direction of the angular profile. Then, smooth the ground pattern, distribute nakryvku.
- Starting plastering without assessing the type and condition of the base material. This leads to the fact that in the future have to make repairs facing when dealing with problems such as cracks and peeling plaster complete.
- Application skim layer, bypassing the primer. It is likely that the surface of the walls after it dries, will exude angular contours bricks / blocks.
- The application of gypsum-based finish coat directly on the basis of cellular concrete. These materials do not mix with each other, so in the future plaster may crack.
Tip! It is recommended in this case to use nakryvku polymer binder or work with ready gypsum plaster, which incorporates all the necessary additives.
- Prolonged breaks after partial plastering the ceiling, walls or slopes. The solution should fasten uniformly over the entire surface of one layer.
- Aligning the wall plastering is carried out on the concrete base, which indicators than 4% humidity. Damage solution very poorly kept on a similar basis.
- A major recommendation of how to plaster the corners on the slopes. At the junction of plaster with door frames and window frames need to make the joints. Before the work it is necessary to attach the expansion rack. Ignoring this rule may lead to the appearance of cracks.
- If the outer corner is in place intensive passage, installation thereon steel or aluminum profile is required. Otherwise, no one will give you a guarantee that the angle will not be damaged during the operation.
- Cutting grinder galvanized profiles. Thus you destroy the layer of zinc which protects the rail against corrosion. Subsequently rust appears on the surface of the lining in the form of red spots. Cutting profile, use only the hacksaw and scissors.
Alignment inner corner using a corner of the blade
Cement and lime plaster can be purchased ready-made or make yourself.
Tip! Gauging mixture is better to use the drinking, not technical water. It is much less impurities so the probability of occurrence of efflorescence is minimized.
Tip! The finer sand, a part of the solution, the smoother is the surface facing the plaster.
Tip! If plastering works are carried out at a temperature below +10 ° C, for the manufacture of portland cement mixtures require.
- Plastering concrete and concrete surfaces should be started only after 28 days after pouring the solution.
- Before applying any kind of plasters recommended primed substrate. Before working with a mixture of plaster - it is obligatory.
- Between the rendering application and primers needed for setting the break solution (at least 8 hours).
- Do not forget that the metal and wooden rails (beacons) are removed after leveling plaster.
- In those places where the surface will be covered with ceramic tiles, enough of the primer layer.
- Under the metal profiles are not recommended to leave an empty space.
- For smoothing the plaster in the inner corners more convenient to use special angular blade.
- Paint the walls or wallpaper paste can be 14 days after the work with gypsum plaster and 28 days after application of the cement, lime or cement-lime mortar.
Now that you know how to plaster corners. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find the necessary information on the question.