Decorative plaster with your hands (42 photos): species, advantages and disadvantages of self-production, application technique
Table of contents
1 Features of the application of decorative plaster in the interior
- 1.1 Variety of decorative plaster
- 1.2 The main advantages and disadvantages
- 1.3 The recipe for self-catering
- 1.4 Application technique interior decorative plasters
- 2 conclusion
- 3 Photo Gallery
During major or minor repairs apartments, many tenants are faced with the need to finish a decorative finish walls and ceilings, and in most cases, is used for all of the usual wallpaper on paper, vinyl, fabric or non-woven basis. At the same time, along with the wallpaper, there are more modern and advanced finishing materials for these purposes. For example, gypsum or cementitious decorative plaster with your hands allows you to artistic decoration of residential and household premises apartment in a unique original style, and thus opens up opportunities for creative work interior design.
The classic design of the living room with the use of decorative plaster.
Features of the application of decorative plaster in the interior
The use of decorative plaster fine is fundamentally different from the usual application of finishing materials for interior decoration, but not calls for this, any special skills, so after a brief training session, any person will be able to cope with this simple task.
So that the reader was able to acquire the basic theoretical knowledge, then step by step guide will be presented in this article, in which described in detail all the steps of execution of such works, starting from the purchase and preparation of the working mixture, and ending finish trim premises.
The original interior trim bedrooms.
Variety of decorative plaster
Unlike conventional or sand-cement mortar for smoothing walls, in addition to water and mineral small fraction components of the plaster are also various polymeric binders, fillers, coloring agents and pigment modifying additives, which give this material a high ductility and also improve its decorative and operational properties.
Depending on the quality and quantity of the components contained therein, decorative plasters can be divided into several types:
- In compositions based on mineral as a binder is used gypsum, lime or cement, as well as a filler - fine marble or granite chippings. Mineral compositions produced as a dry mortar, which should be diluted with water in the desired proportions, just before use;
Dry mortar based on mineral oil.
- Water-dispersed compositions acrylic based polymeric resins as a filler contain finely izmolotuyu marble flour, glass chips, blast furnace slag and other mineral components of the ash fraction. In most cases they have a paste-like consistency, and then purchases are fully ready for use;
- A similar composition of the filler is a silicone plasterWhich is also made completely ready to use. Unlike the previous form, as a binder in the macromolecular it operate silicone resin, however, it differs sufficiently high performance;
- silicate compounds made on the basis of sodium or potassium water glass and are used for application to porous or rough surface reinforced concrete, burnt or sand-lime brick, as well as foam, mineral wool or insulating fiberoptic materials.
Ready silicate composition for exterior and interior applications.
Character billing treated surface depends on the size of the aggregate particles, and accordingly, to obtain a coarse texture and relief formulations must be chosen with large mineral particles, and for fine finishing with imitation of natural materials (natural wood, crocodile leather, natural stone), you should prefer a finely divided compositions.
The main advantages and disadvantages
In order to understand which of the above compositions be used in any given situation will now be considered distinctive features of different types of decorative plaster, indicating positive and negative qualities of each of the them.
- Mineral dry mixture after dialing grade strength not afraid moisture and high temperature, have good breathing capacity, and do not emit harmful substances can therefore be used inside and outside the premises, as well as in bathrooms and bathrooms. The negative properties of this material are the high brittleness and tendency to crack due to vibration or impact load;
Decorative facade plaster, cement-base.
- Acrylic plaster compositions tintable well and provide an opportunity to get any desired shade, have a soft plastic consistency, which makes it easy to apply and allow the creation of unusual original surface texture, without fear of moisture, but have a low water vapor permeability, however only used within premises;
- Plaster of silicone resin after drying has a high strength and wear resistance, it is absolutely not afraid of a direct hit water and dirt is easily washed off, besides good air permeability and water vapor, can therefore be used both outside and inside premises;
- Silicate compounds have similar performance characteristics, but in addition to them, have high fire resistance and antimicrobial activity, so detrimental effect on pathogens and mold fungi.
Acrylic textured plaster.
Interior decorative plaster walls with his own hands to apply a very thin layer, so before painting and decorating, wall or ceiling surface must be carefully aligned with the starting and then finish putty.
The recipe for self-catering
In the absence of the desired plaster mixture industrial manufacture, easy to prepare its own, on one of the presented below recipes, using inexpensive and available materials, which can be purchased at any major store building products.
Mortar for interior works:
- The washed and sifted river sand - 3 parts by volume. In the case of using sand quarry, it is necessary to soak for several hours in cold water to wash off the remnants of fat clay;
- The starting gypsum plaster fine grinding intended for preliminary alignment of the walls of the brand "Satengips" or its analogue - 3 parts by volume;
- The binder should be used dry plaster mortar under the trade name "Fugenfyuller" or equivalent - 1 part by volume.
All ingredients should be thoroughly mixed together in dry form and then topped up with cold water and stir again using the construction of the mixer to the desired consistency.
Preparation of plaster mixture.
The composition to simulate surface texture:
- Waterproofing primer deep penetration of the water-based, which is intended for surface treatment of mineral materials, should be diluted with cold water in the ratio 2: 1;
- To the resulting solution, with constant stirring, gradually pour the starting gypsum plaster "Satengips" until a uniform creamy consistence;
- After mixing, a ready solution must be left for 10-15 minutes to remove air bubbles, and immediately before use stir again.
Textural rubber roller for printing.
How to purchase and homemade decorative plaster of dry construction mixtures have a limited time viability, so they must be formulated in such a quantity that can be developed for 20-30 minutes.
Application technique interior decorative plasters
To create original visual effects, as well as to simulate a variety of natural materials on the walls and the ceiling, it is recommended to use one of the methods presented below applying decorative plaster solution.
- To start to use the wide spatula coated on the surface a thin layer of freshly prepared plaster, and then to distribute it uniformly across the wall;
Small parallel divorces easily applied with a stiff brush.
- Before making a decorative plaster, must allow the solution to dry slightly and then, using a sharp corner spatula or a brush with short hard bristles, gentle pressure on the tool to push on the surface concentric circles or any other suitable pattern or ornament;
- To get chaotic textured pattern to slightly dried up solution can be pressed lightly crumpled polyethylene film or facecloth from foam sponge;
Billing solution crumpled polyethylene film.
- To simulate natural materials such as wood, you need to be wrapped in a thin plastic film rough raw board, and alternately hold her, moving step by step over the entire surface walls;
- For deep and rough texture, you can use the method of spraying. To do this, a rigid clothes brush to apply a small amount of the solution, and then the long thick Screwdriver conduct of bristles in the direction, whereby the solution is sprayed onto the wall.
Smooth divorces can make a rubber glove, soaked in soapy water.
After the final drying of the solution, the treated surface can be colored using water-based interior paints or acrylic. Staining of such walls is often carried out in two or more colors, which allows you to emphasize the depth of the textured pattern. For this, first you need to paint the entire wall vsploshnuyu background color, and then, using a sponge or a paint roller with a short nap, apply paint of another color on a projecting relief picture.
If you have, any questions or comments on the subject, they can be left in the form of comments, which is located at the bottom of this article.