Repairs in the bathroom PVC panels - how to transform a room with minimal cost
Table of contents
1 How to cope with the work on their own
- 1.1 Calculations and measurements
- 1.2 Purchase of materials and tools
- 1.3 room preparation
- 1.4 Setting the frame
- 1.5 Mounting panels
- 2 Output
Want to quickly and inexpensively make the repairs of the walls and the ceiling in the bathroom? Then the option of using plastic panels would be the best solution. In this article we analyze in detail all the stages of the working process and explain how to independently carry out the work and get the perfect result.
In the photo: finishing bath panels - a simple yet reliable solution
If done carefully, the bathroom of the plastic panels looks very good
How to cope with the work on their own
To deal with the installation, do not need to be a professional builder and have on hand the expensive equipment. Enough to know all the nuances of technology and perform a sequence of actions.
The main stages are as follows:
- Calculations and measurements;
- Acquisition materials and tools;
- Preparing the room;
- Setting the frame;
- Fixing PVC panels.
Modern panels can simulate very realistic ceramic tiles
Calculations and measurements
If you decide to decorate the walls and ceiling panels made of PVC, it is first necessary to carry out preliminary work aimed at determining the amount of materials.
The process consists of the following:
- Measure all surfaces that will sheathe. It is necessary to fix the parameters of each surface separately, so that later it was easier to carry out calculations. Do not forget to take away from the result area of the openings (their size and location, it is desirable also to reflect on the sketch walls);
The measurements will allow to have on hand the exact figures
- Then you need to calculate the amount of material for the frame. There can be used any of the wooden bar 20 mm thick (this is a low cost solution) or the metal profile. Metal is preferred because of its strength and durability, but if the strong economies - take a tree. Lathing is in increments not more than 50 cm, to make it easier to calculate the number of spokes - draw a simple circuit;
The circuit arrangement allows the frame members to calculate the amount of material to battens in minutes
Remember that the crate is always perpendicular to the frame. That is, if the finish is vertical, the frame is placed horizontally, and vice versa. In the bathroom is better to put the panel vertically, so that moisture does not stagnate in the joints.
- The amount of basic material for finishing is calculated in square meters. But if one knows the width of the panel (usually it is 250 mm) and its length (from 260 to 300 mm), it is possible to plan the layout of the surface and calculate all with maximum accuracy. If you do layout, you will be able to accurately determine the number and size of balances and to adapt them to another location, if possible;
Narrow plastic lining - not the best solution, the broad panel look more attractive
- completing the calculation is made in linear meters. They are sold at 3 meters, so their number is easiest to translate into pieces. Try to keep each element was whole, seams and joints spoil the appearance of finishing. The table shows the basic elements which may be used during operation.
These are the main components that are most often used in the decoration of bathrooms
Some commercial organizations provide such services as free travel specialist in the measurement, if you get material from them. If such an option is, it is stupid not to use, even if you count yourself, you can double-check their results and detect errors if any.
Purchase of materials and tools
When there are exact figures you have on hand, you can go for the material, a list of all required and recommendations on the choice presented in the table below.
You can purchase as a one-color options, and panels with patterns that significantly expands the design options
|Material||Recommendations for choosing a|
|PVC panel||Choosing a panel in the first place, pay attention to quality, to check the plastic to grip with your fingers on the end panel. Quality product should not bend much, and even more so to break down on the spot pressure should remain a small dent. The colors depend on your preference, but remember that in small rooms is better to choose a bright finish|
|Accessories||Except the panels you definitely need and additional elements. For the ceiling is best to use a special plinth with the guide groove. On the walls and corners of the start profile used.
For openings needed F-profile. Sometimes you can do easier and paste over the corners of the universal area after fixing, you should decide for themselves, it would be better and easier
|Material for lathing||Earlier, I wrote that it might be a piece of wood or metal profile for drywall. If you use wood, choose dry flat elements.
With regard to the profile, the racks are taken to the main elements, and to abut against the wall of the guide, and also need direct hangers for wall mounting
|fasteners||To crate wall mounted with dowels quick installation. Between the frame members are connected by screws. With regard to the fixing of panels, the work can be carried out using screws or brackets that are hammered staple gun|
Using Profile to build a solid and smooth frame is not difficult
Repair bath plastic panels with their hands can not be carried out without the tool kit:
- To control planes and exhibiting flat battens need level, can also be used plummet. To measure and markup needed tape and a pencil or pen;
- Under the dowel holes are drilled using a punch. Do not forget to equip its necessary drill diameter and length;
- Screws twist screwdriver, it is possible to drill holes in the wooden block;
Screwdriver can do different types of work
- If you mount brackets panel, a special advance purchase staple gun;
- Cutting boards can be used with rigid construction knife blade and a hacksaw with a fine tooth, it is also suitable for a block of wood;
The smaller the tooth on hacksaw, the higher cutting quality
- When you use a profile for its cutting need metal shears.
Many people think that once the surface of the crate is closed, you can leave it as is.
In fact, so you should not do, and minimal steps to prepare all the necessary to spend:
- The first premise is released from everything that would interfere with the work. If you make the same bath is not possible, it is best to disconnect it from the communication so that when you need to quickly move the structure;
- If the ceiling was a whitewash, it is better to remove. For this, the surface is 2-3 times at intervals of 10 minutes moistened sponge, and then treated with a spatula;
Remove soggy whitewash easy
- As for the walls, their preparation depends on the kind of finish has been used previously. The old oil-based paint can and leave, if it is held securely and not drifting away. As for the tiles, it is best removed with a punch. This will save space in the room, which was already reduced when the frame construction;
The tiles can be beat with a hammer and chisel
- If the surface showed pockets of mold, they are sure to be treated with special antiseptic. Sometimes it's better to do it twice to kill the spores in the depths of the wall or ceiling;
Mold it is necessary to treat the fungicidal solution
- Be sure to check the plane walls to determine whether they are equal. If on the surface there are large cracks or damage, as well as significant differences level it is better to close up all the problem areas of the grout. It is very important to find the most prominent place on every surface, from them we will make a start with the construction of the frame.
Be sure to determine the most projecting portions on each surface
Setting the frame
Repair of bathroom panels PVC begins with the construction of the supporting structure. for the work with his own hands the instruction depends on the type of materials used.
Let us examine both options and start with a piece of wood:
It looks like a wooden structure
- The first thing to note the level of location of the extreme elements that can be placed around the walls or near the floor and ceiling. They should be placed so as to cover the protruding portions and without problems. To move a label from the ceiling to the floor perfectly accurate, it is best to use the plummet;
Make sure that the indentation from the wall sufficient to bar the location
- Length measurements are made of bars. It is important to remember a simple rule that between the end of the bar and the surface should be a gap of 5 mm. This will eliminate structural distortion, even when the humidity drops when the tree could play. Elements are cut in the required quantities;
The bar is good because it can be cut into pieces of any size and to close even the most narrow surfaces
- In the bars drilled holes for dowels, the easiest way to work screwdriver. Under the dowel diameter of 6 mm using a drill with a 7 mm to sign easier fasteners into wood. Step holes - not more than 50 mm from the edge padding - not more than 100 mm. It is important to make the holes perpendicular to the surface so that they are not curved;
- The bars are attached to the wall in their location (you can otchertit line for convenience), and then drill hole locations are marked with holes for dowels. Work is performed perforator hole depth should be such that the entire spacer element part located in a wall (usually penetration is 40 mm);
It is important to keep the hammer perpendicular to the wall
- The bar dowel holes are inserted, then the elements are arranged on the walls. Their position is checked with a spirit level. If necessary, amended: under the frame rails enclose or wedges, it is important to put design exactly level, to simplify the work can be spanned between the outermost beams cord or fishing line;
Here is the design of the ideal
- At least in the dowel screws are hammered. This is done with a hammer, beat gently, so as not to move the position of the frame.
Here is the mounting bar to the wall section
If the paneling will be made on the metal frame, the sequence of work is as follows:
The scheme works is simple enough
- First you need to mark the position of wall profile. To operate using the level and plumb. The main thing - to bring the plane so that the frame does not hit a wall where the surface acts as the most;
- Next, the attachment of the guide elements. First of all, they are cut into desired size pieces. Then, in the position of the holes made marks on the surfaces, and made drilling hammer. The last elements are put into place and secured with dowels quick installation;
Profile mount - a simple process
If you are in the bathroom is risers, then it makes sense to close the frame and it. In this case, you are building a structure to sheathe its panels afterwards. It is important to precisely fix the guiding elements.
It is important to expose the flat angle to secure the guide elements on the floor and the ceiling
- On the wall every 40-50 cm draw lines, which will take place the rack. Along these lines are fixed suspensions, they are arranged in increments of 50 cm. To eliminate the transmission of vibrations from the wall to the frame, it is possible to enclose Wizard insulating material. Fixing dowels made quick installation;
That is so attached hangers
- It is becoming the main sections in the last turn. Initially, they are fixed in the guide elements by means of screws. Then podgibayutsya suspensions struts on both sides, their plane being verified with the level and the beam are fixed in position. It turns out very strong and rigid frame, which is great for fixing PVC panels.
The frame turns tough and durable
If the walls are uneven, you can put on hangers and wooden frame, this will make it tough and to compensate for all the flaws surface
Bath paneling panels made of PVC as follows:
- If sheathed the walls and ceiling, you should start with the ceiling. If you use a starter profile, then it must be fixed on the perimeter of the underside of the wooden or metal frame. Installation is performed by screws, which are disposed with a pitch not more than 30 cm;
So attached starter profile
- Measurements were taken to determine the appropriate length of the panel. Remember that at the ends must remain gaps in the a few millimeters. Cutting knife elements carried or hacksaw. For this purpose, suitable hacksaw, it very smoothly and accurately produces cutting;
Plastic cut very easily
- If you used the guide, the first element is neatly tucked into them and start up until it stops. The panel is stepped forward. If there is no guide, the strap is located at the right place and fastened with screws itself around the corner (mounting area closed) and in rear projection. It is important to set the first element smoothly, it determines the position of the rest of the panels;
So fixed panel, if necessary, they make cuts under the lights
- Further installation is made easy: The following panel is firmly inserted into the previous one. When you make the seam tight and smooth, can be fixed element in the projection on the rear side. Since operation continues until the end. If the last panel is necessary to get into the guide, it is 5 mm longer than necessary, and then carefully start up in strips which are bent spatula;
Experts for the panel institutions use the suction cup, but you can do without it
- The walls are sheathed in the same way, so separately describe the process does not make sense. If you want to carve a niche for the ventilation grille, the cut-out is best done before mounting the panels. It is important to expose the first panel vertically to all the joints were more smooth;
Wall mounting is no different from the work on the ceiling
- At the corners, and in places of contiguity panels to the floor may be required to seal the seams. To do this, it is best to use a special sanitary silicone. Its price is slightly higher than that of conventional compositions, but it is much less affected by the fungus. Sealant can be glued on the corners and if you fix them after the panel installation.
If done carefully, the appearance of the bathroom is excellent
If you do the work yourself, you can save significant money and be confident in the outcome. Even if you hire professionals, the warranty on the work performed will be no more than a year. For themselves, you will make everything much more diligently.
Using this review as a guide, to sheathe the bathroom plastic panels will not be difficult. You must perform a simple recommendation, and in order to understand the subject better yet, check out the video in this article. If you have questions about the installation, write them in the comments at the bottom of the page.