Arch made of plasterboard in the hallway (45 photos): types, manufacturing, materials and tools, the procedure works
Table of contents
1 Drywall and arch
- 1.1 Plasterboard: choose correctly
- 1.2 types of arches
- 2 Making arches
- 3 Some useful tips
- 4 Finally
- 5 Photo Gallery
Arched doorway is an excellent alternative to the classic rectangular, interior profitable transformed due to this unpretentious buildings, in a room with an arch becomes more space. Particularly impressive, he looks at the construction of plasterboard partitions between the hallway and living room.
The opening of the drywall in the hallway - effective design approach
Drywall and arch
Plasterboard: choose correctly
As is known, drywall - very comfortable and high-quality material, the price is determined by the thickness and additional qualities sheets. The standard width is 120 cm GFC.
- paperboard (two layers);
- gypsum core with various excipients.
types of arches
Arched buildings are erected in any room, they look perfectly and to the point, but because the drywall in the hallway - not uncommon.
- Symmetric (classic) types;
- irregular shape;
- arch - "romantic".
Usually, set design for a smooth transition from room to room, most often from the hallway into the living room or kitchen. Basically erected an arch of classical style.
Partition - the transition from the hallway into the living room, framed by a tree
Materials and tools
- Sheets - 2 ps .;
- Arch drywall - 1 pc .;
- guide profiles - 4 pcs .;
- profile rack - 1 pc .;
- Reinforced corners - 2 pcs .;
It turns out that to make the arch in the hallway with his own quite easy
The procedure works
Instructions for creating an arch with their hands:
- First, clean the doorway of the old coatings and materials.
- Measure the width of the opening.
- Cut the slab right size.
- Take two sheets, lay on the first floor and to determine at that center, through which the line passes.
The cut sheets are attached to the frame on both sides
- Pull back 2 cm from the bottom edge of the sheet and on the marked line screw the screw, to which the tie cord.
- To the other end of the cord tie pencil. Now you can freely draw a flat circle to arch ideal forms.
- Select the desired range and draw a line under tension cord.
To avoid problems when installing arched corners, do not bend too steep.
In this photo shows the locations of cuts and bending of the guide profile
- After marking the cut unwanted parts using jigsaw.
- On the first sheet layout make the second, leaning against the back of it for the stroke, in which case the first sheet will act as patterns.
- From the second cut sheet superfluous.
Opening in the hallway primed and leveled before facing
- Metal scissors cut guide profile for plasterboard partitions: it lean against the edges of the sheet and cut carefully. This will be necessary for attaching the sheet to the opening.
- The guide profiles are attached at a distance of 1.5 cm from the wall edge.
- With the help of dowel-nails or screws tighten the guide profiles the gap.
- Sheets fasten to the frame with screws on metal.
- Cutting the top guide profile and bending it, assemble the inner frame.
- With designs attach the edge corners (reinforced) for plaster.
- Cover arch primer, putty and oshkurte finish (after drying after 12 hours).
Plaster Corner is designed to align the curved corners
Arched Corner (plaster)
Corners are designed to:
- ensure proper angles geometry;
- protection from various angles, and nicks chips;
- facilitate alignment of the curved corners and reinforcement outside during zashtukaturivaniya;
- better adhesion of the plaster to the surface (via the perforations and cut segments);
- durable operation.
Reinforced corners apply for initial leveling angles under the decorative plaster, paint, wallpaper pasting.
They are fixed to the first layer fillings, forming smooth and precise as possible angles.
Some useful tips
- The distance between the cuts arched profile should not be more than 2-3 cm.
- Along a radius of the profile is mounted to the ceiling and the floor by means of dowels which are clogged with a higher frequency than for the forward baffle profiles. It is recommended to mount a slotted tab.
Offset plates in arched partition walls
- The baffles plates are mounted on two sides with an offset.
- At higher radius of curvature for the partitions use thinner plate.
- For plasterboard walls are used profile CD-60 and UD-27.
- If HA thin plates are used, and the partition wall sutured in 3 layers. Each layer is offset is screwed to the profile separately.
- In those places where the horizontal join two sheets set jumpers that are made of the frame profile CW slit.
- Sponge plate or roller impregnated with water to a maximum saturation, left to stand for 15-20 minutes only then gently bent by mounting on the frame.
For fans of more complex and intricate designs, and there are similar plasterboard partitions between the hallway and living room
As you can see, there is nothing daunting in the independent manufacturing of arched walls of plasterboard. To our material is applied very useful video lesson, which is as detailed and clearly demonstrate all. Try - and you will succeed!