- 1 Reasons why the bath could become clogged
- 1.1 Effective methods for the elimination of sewage sludge
- 2 Chemicals
- 3 People's way of cleaning the clog: soda and vinegar
- 4 Cleaning the siphon
The question of how to clean the blockage in the bathroom occurs in almost every person. Faced with this can as a jack of all trades, and an ordinary housewife - it's something ordinary. If the water does not go away, or worse - it lashes back, making a stench, the use of the bathroom becomes not only not pleasant, but also impossible in principle.
This article provides comprehensive information on how to remove clogging in the bathroom, what means to use better, and how to prevent repetition of troubles in the future.
Reasons why the bath could get clogged
First you need to determine why the drain has been hammered, and what options are there to clean the pipes or siphon. Most likely, the cause will be found in the process of eliminating the problem. However, if you know for sure that the decoration has fallen into the drain, a hairpin or other necessary thing, then not all the means of blockages in the bathroom will be good. For example, some chemicals can spoil an awkwardly dropped product.
So, the causes of blockages in the siphon:
- Hair, animal hair;
- Spools, nap, threads from clothing;
- Small parts, fittings, ornaments.
All of the above components form a dense lump in the pipe, which prevents the passage of water, or even completely inhibits it. Remove such blockage in the bathtub by either tweezers or thin wire.
Effective methods for the elimination of sewage sludge
The old kind bobbin and cable.
These two things are in almost every home.
The Vantuz is a stick with a rubber tip in the form of a large sucker, capable of sucking or pushing garbage.
Using this simple invention it is possible to obtain such results:
- Carry out blockage prevention;
- Eliminate the causes of slow drainage of water;
- Evaluate the extent of contamination.
Usually, the plunger is effective when the pipe is clogged slightly - sudden water and air flows will push through the obstacle.
Recommendations for the use of a plunger:
- Install the device so that its rubber part covers the drain hole;
- Collect a small amount of water in the bathroom( on dry efficiency decreases);
- Make a few strokes by moving the handle down and up;
- Check if water is running out;
- Wash the extracted garbage.
If this did not help and there was clogging in the bathroom - what should I do? Use a cable:
- Insert it into the drain hole;
- Push forward into the pipes and scroll at the same time;
- When the voltage drops( clogged), gently move the cable back and forth;
- Remove and rinse the product.
The modern chemical industry has taken care to make the process of eliminating blockages as quick and comfortable as possible.
Almost all of them are equally effective, but here's what to consider when choosing: not any means of blockage in the bathroom comes to the type of pipe that is installed in the house.
Manufacturers vying with each other to produce tools for cleaning pipes from debris and deposits. The form of release can be various:
The most common and inexpensive means is Mole - a domestic preparation that perfectly eliminates odors, food and fat remnants, and also splits fibers( hair, wool, etc.).It is issued by different companies and may differ somewhat in terms of composition and time of action.
Compatibility with the type of pipe is generally indicated on the packaging. Here is not a complete list of effective drugs:
- Mr. Muscle;
It is important to carefully read the instructions for use and observe all safety measures so as not to get a chemical burn and do not damage the plumbing.
People's way of cleaning the clog: soda and vinegar
If there is no plumbing, no plunger, no rope, no purchase, and the bath is hammered - it's worth trying the folk method. This will require:
- ½ cup of baking soda;
- ½ cup vinegar;
- 1 liter of boiling water.
Follow these instructions:
- Dry the bathroom and metal drain ring dry;
- Pour baking soda into the drain hole;
- Pour vinegar into it;
- Pour boiling water after 1 minute;
- After 2-3 minutes turn on the water - it should flow freely.
Cleaning the siphon
If you still have confidence that the reason for the slow drainage of water has become a necessary or valuable thing - it is worth to learn how to clean the siphon in the bathroom. Thus, it will be possible to extract what has got into the sink and cause clogging.
- Technology of cleaning the siphon:
- Place a cloth under the siphon, put a basin;
- Slowly unscrew the bolt nut so that the liquid does not pour;
- Remove the flask and drain the dirty water;
- Extract garbage, small parts or clods that caused the problem;
- Rinse the siphon and remove any deposits;
- Install the siphon in place;
- Check for leaks.
Now if suddenly the bath was hammered, what everyone will do. It is also worth remembering that prevention with the help of a vantuz and cleaning the siphon once a month is the guarantee of a qualitative and comfortable use of the bath. Expensive chemical means may not be needed in this case!