GCR fireproof - is a popular material for the repair work of any complexity. This kind of material has different properties and can be both combined and moisture resistant. Also there is a usual and heat-resistant plasterboard. Each species is different in color, properties and has a certain marking and characteristics, so it is better to take into account the climate and humidity of the room before purchasing such material.
- Plasterboard refractory: types and colors of material
- processing rules and the choice of heat-resistant drywall
- Fireproof GCR: the pros and cons
- Lights Are drywall and its scope
- characteristics of fire-resistant drywall( video)
Plasterboard refractory: types and colors
material, depending on the original color of drywall are divided into types:
- Normal - it feimuschestvenno dyed in grayish hue and different special properties;
- Waterproof has a green tint, it is better to use it in rooms with high humidity, then there will be no fungus and condensation;
- Refractory is distinguished by its pink color and has a high class of fire resistance.
the domestic market of building materials there are two types of drywall.
They have high fire limit:
- GKLO - represents ordinary decorative sheets with these properties;
- GKLVO - is not only fire-resistant, but also has an additional moisture-repellent impregnation.
The most reliable company that has gained great popularity on the market is Knauf. She has positive reviews in large numbers and presented herself as a brand that values its reputation.
processing rules and the choice of heat-resistant drywall
Knowing which can withstand temperatures this material, you can use it for homes, increasing the level of fire safety.
A sheet of plasterboard in pink has a fire effect, but even it is not able to resist an open flame that burns for more than 25 minutes. This period of time is enough to ensure the evacuation of all people in the house.
For the drywall to acquire fireproof properties, during the production of this material, it passes through several processing steps:
- The thickness of gypsum must not be less than 1,25cmAnd more than 1.5 cm;
- During production, fireproof gypsum is coated with special antipers, they are able to withstand a certain amount of time the pressure of high temperatures without emitting toxic fumes. Also, many manufacturers use specially crystallized water as the core material, it can withstand burning and increase the time for the evacuation of residents.
- Directly and the gypsum mixture itself is specially treated to impart additional heat-resistant and moisture-resistant properties.
- Thanks to the properties of gypsum boards, they are very easy to process and install, allowing you to carry out repairs in the shortest possible time.
Also, drywall sheets can easily be combined with other materials, creating interesting arches and various designs.
Fireproof GKL: pros and cons
Heat-resistant gypsum board allows the most efficient use of such building material for repair work. A person feels protected not only from fire, but also from a harmful fungus, which is a frequent visitor in wet rooms.
In addition to the large number of advantages, there are some disadvantages of this material:
- It is not too strong, therefore it is very sensitive to any damage or dent;
- If you need to hang a heavy thing or furniture on the wall, you need to take care of its additional strengthening;
- To cover the main color of the material, you need to apply special putty and paint.
In addition to the minuses, the advantages of this material win over minor shortcomings, because the safety of the residents of the house is in the first place. It is used not only for decoration of apartments or houses, but also for schools, kindergartens, hospitals, because in addition to general security, this material is environmentally friendly for both children and adults. Also, drywall has excellent sound and heat insulation properties, and also will last at least 5 years.
Does the drywall and its area of application burn
The fire safety certificate determines not only the combustibility of the material, but also the degree of risk. Firm Knauf defines the gypsum cardboard as incombustible and heatproof, and group of risk - the minimum. The field of application of refractory gypsum is sufficiently large, therefore, in addition to the usual finishing of the house as a fire safety, it can be used for other purposes.
- Decoration of internal walls in baths and saunas. This material is able to withstand both high temperature and a large amount of moisture, therefore it is a universal assistant.
- If the owners want to install a fireplace in the house, there can also be no heat-resistant plasterboard. It is suitable for decorating walls outside the fireplace, and is not only a means of protection, but with it you can make interesting designs, creating real works of art.
- Gypsum board with fireproof properties can be used to create a variety of engineering structures.
You only need to know the basic stages of building preparation and use the material correctly:
- The first step is to prepare the walls for fixing the plasterboard. To do this, it is necessary to remove the old coating, clean the surface and treat it with antifungal and fire-resistant substances, further enhancing the protective properties of the material.
- The next step is the layout and installation of the profile. Installation is from the ceiling at a level of 10 cm, and from the floor - 5 cm.
After complete installation of the profile, the installation of gypsum boards is performed. It is fixed by special products, and the profile itself is recommended to be bought also from a durable and fireproof material - alloy steel, it is able to additionally protect the room from the spread of fire.
Specialists claim that it is more difficult to work with fireproof gypsum cardboard than with conventional ones. After all, there is a reinforcing layer in it, capable of detaining the flame in addition.
Also, cutting and assembly is complicated, because the weight of the material is also greater, and the fasteners are screwed in using more force. When fully installing the sheets, it is necessary to work the joints, they are fixed with metal corners, puttying is carried out in the usual way, as well as when working with simple sheets. Experts recommend that before buying a moisture-resistant and fireproof gypsum board, make sure that the seller has a certificate of quality. Such a document indicates that in the production of products, all production standards were observed, and the material itself complies with GOST and European standards. In addition to the documents, it is necessary and to focus on the combustibility group of the material - there are 4 of them, and each has a temperature retention limit, it also indicates the degree of damage to the material when exposed to fire.
Characteristics of fireproof plasterboard( video)
If a new house is being built, then the material with medium characteristics is suitable, and when buying old hruschevok and carrying out repair work in them, it is better not to save on the material and purchase the most stable drywall. In any apartment there may be an old wiring provoking a closure and subsequently a fire that goes to the next floors, so getting a better product can protect your family in case of a fire.