Tile adhesive is mixed with a drill and a special nozzle. This is done immediately before laying, as the glue quickly seizes. For the same reason, do not mix it a lot at a time: it's best to prepare a fresh portion as you spend it.
Masonry tiles for gypsum board: step by step
In addition to tile adhesives, you need to purchase a special trowel for joints, which, after the tiles have been laid, are processed seams to give them an attractive appearance. It should be selected based on the shade of the tile, although in some cases it looks just the smoothness of the contrasting color.
Please note!Need corners to equalize the gaps.
. From their size will depend on how large the gaps between the tiles will be. In addition, it is necessary to stock up with the tool: a spatula for glue, a level and a plumb line for leveling the first row, tile cutters and marking pencil.
Step-by-step instructions for laying tiles on plasterboard:
- On the primed and dried surfaces, do the lower level of the mark for the location of the first horizontal and vertical rows of tiles. Choose from which part of the wall masonry begins.
- Prepare the tiles for the first row. We lay aside the necessary number of whole tiles and cut off the outer tiles if necessary to the desired size.
- Apply the adhesive evenly with a spatula at the marking spot. Apply the tile and press it with your hand. We repeat the same thing with the next one. Between the tiles, located next to, insert a cross. Gently with a spatula fill the space between the tiles with glue and remove the residues.
- We put no more than 5 rows of tiles at a time, after which we make a break for an hour. After that the work can be continued.
- One day after the end of the masonry, you can remove the crosses and apply the grout to the seams using a spatula. Surplus of grout from a tile is easily removed by an ordinary rag.
Work on laying tiles on gypsum board does not require excessive efforts, only accuracy of measurements is necessary when laying the first row, so that it is set strictly at zero level. Do not rush, try to do all the work in one go, and then the cladding will be securely fixed and will last a long time.
Nuances when laying tiles on drywall: where to start laying?
Beginners are often unable to correctly determine from which part of the wall to begin laying tiles. Rarely when it happens that the length of the series to within a millimeter is a multiple of the size of the tile, and you have to sacrifice the beauty of the finished finish. To prevent this from happening, initially calculate how many whole tiles you need for one row, and what size the remaining piece will be.
For beautiful masonry, use two tips:
- If at the end of the row there is space more than half the width of the tile, Begin the masonry from the edge of the wall, selecting the edge that is more visible;
- If the rest of a row is a small size, less than half the width of the tile, it will be best to look laying from the center to the edges.
Use high-quality materials, including tile consumables, do not neglect the technological methods for working with plasterboard as a basis for tile, try to reconcile the distances between the tiles and the level of the row in order to achieve a qualitative and beautiful result.
Ways: how to put tiles on plasterboard( video)
With the gradual implementation step by step of all the recommendations presented in this article, you can easily create with your own hands a stunningly beautiful gypsum plaster board, tiled, saving on the work of professionals.