will help you securely fasten the plasterboard to the wall. The walls can be decorated with gypsum boards with the construction of a supporting frame, but this method is labor-intensive and quite expensive. Independently performing assembly works, many homeowners use a frameless way. The method of frameless wall smoothing with drywall sheets is available to every adult person, since mounting the GKL mount with glue is quite simple.
- How to glue plasterboard to the wall at home
- Correctly glue drywall to the wall with a mounting foam
- How to glue the plasterboard to the wall on the glue if it is concrete or aerated concrete
- How to glue the plasterboard on a wall, If it does not have a flat surface
- Correct sticker of fiberglass on the GKL
- Options how to glue the plasterboard to the wall( video)
Than glued plasterboard to the wall at home
When gluing walls with gypsum boards, several types of adhesives are used, the manufacturers of which give a guarantee that the fixation will be reliable. Ready mixes are easy to use and provide a strong fixing of GCR on the wall surfaces. In addition, it is possible to prepare an adhesive solution by hand, and also use a mounting foam.
Important!Improved adhesion of GCR to the wall surface can be achieved by covering the inner side of the sheet with a composition of deep penetration.
The adhesive mixture prepared independently must be consumed within half an hour, because after this time it becomes unfit for consumption.
Often used ready mixes:
- The Fugenfueler putty is applied directly to the walls in a very thin layer, usually it is used by experienced professionals, since its application requires knowledge and skills;
- Silicone mixtures are similar in use with FUGENFULLER putty, they are also not advised to be used alone;
- Universal gypsum glue perlix will not cause difficulties in pasting walls even for beginners, as it is enough to dilute it with water only, and then apply a homogeneous mixture of glue on a sheet of gypsum board or a wall. This glue not only reliably fixes the drywall on the wall, but also even out the unevenness of the walls;
- Ceresite CM 11 in use is similar to perlix, despite the fact that its composition is designed for gluing ceramic tiles.
Correctly fixing gypsum board to the wall with a mounting foam
The mounting foam is a sufficient reliable, and strong material for fixing the drywall on the wall. Installation is carried out using a foam with a low coefficient of expansion.
Important!Before using the foam, it will be more expedient to first set all the sheets in the planes.
assembly foam is often used. Also note that the surface must be pre-wetted with water. Only after this, you can begin to fill.
For correct attachment of the material, it is necessary to:
- Pre-drill through holes( for this, the sheet is placed vertically and two holes are drilled from above, 2 from the bottom and 3-4 holes in the center);
- Also on the material are glued pieces of foam that will serve as springs, preventing the GCR from adhering closely to the wall surface;
- Prepared sheets are applied to the wall, on which the marking through the holes is made;
- In the wall, drill holes in places of marking, where it is necessary to insert plastic dowels.
After that, the sheet of plasterboard is attached to the wall on the screws, which will be able to adjust the installation of the material by level. The mounting foam is poured into the holes near the screws. After the foam has completely solidified, the screws are twisted, and the holes are processed with putty.
How to glue plasterboard to the wall with glue if it is concrete or aerated concrete
In order to ensure the required level of strength of the GCL connection to the wall surface, it is important to remember that when dealing with a concrete wall, the adhesive composition is applied to the sheet itself. If gluing of plasterboard is planned to aerated concrete, then the glue is applied directly to the wall surface.
Important!Before installation, you need to be able to calculate the consumption of glue, in order to pre-purchase the required amount. According to average indices, one square meter of a flat surface can require 1800 grams of dry glue mixture.
Finished glue mixture is applied with a notched trowel in small portions at intervals up to 25 centimeters. Then, on the lining, the lower edge of the sheet is set, where its position is aligned and pressed against the wall plane. Unevenness and convexity are determined by means of a rule or level, after which they are removed by an easy tapping on the sheet. The flat surface of the sheet is supported by a wooden block for complete drying.
How to glue plasterboard on a wall if it does not have a flat surface
The wall surface may differ in the irregularities on it. Pasting of such walls with drywall sheets, according to the technological process of the work being carried out, will be slightly different.
Important!When choosing a dry glue mixture it is worth starting from the fact that it will be applied in a sufficiently thick layer.
Wall with small irregularities
To these surfaces, The walls, which, unlike concrete or aerated concrete, have small irregularities.
Finished adhesive is applied over the entire perimeter of the sheet so that after gluing the GCR on the wall, the adhesive layer is approximately 30 millimeters. Installation of gypsum boards on a plane, is checked by means of a level. If there are bulges, then you can gently tap on them with your hand.
Wall with large irregularities
If the walls have large defects, then the GCR sheet must be cut into strips, about 10 centimeters wide. They will be the basis for sticking large sheets. Strips of drywall are glued using a level, relying on the unevenness of the wall. The distance between them should be from 50 to 60 centimeters.
After the adhesive has completely dried, the main GCR sheet is glued to the strip with the same glue that was used to install the beacons.
Correct sticker of fiberglass on GKL
Before work, the gypsum board surface is leveled using putty. Thus, not only is the GCR processed, but the joints between the sheets. When the sealed joints are completely dry, it is important to carefully polish the surface, making it perfectly even. After that, the walls of plasterboard are covered with a primer.
Important!Before applying putty, it is necessary to mark the places of joints GKL, because the seams should not coincide with the butt lines of fiberglass.
It is not possible to glue the fiberglass on the usual glue for paper wallpaper, therefore it is necessary to purchase a special adhesive compound for the paint glass fibers.
Fixing of fiberglass on GKL:
- To ensure that the joints between the strips of fiberglass are not visible, a gap of approximately 2-3 millimeters is left between them. After full gluing of the walls, the gaps are shpatched and cleaned, then the fiberglass is covered with a layer of paint.
- The method without leaving a gap between the strips, involves sticking the sheets of fiberglass overlap.
When used, which, you can get a strong connection of glass walls with a surface. Also, an additional reinforcement is created, which protects the surface from the appearance of cracks.
Options how to glue plasterboard to the wall( video)
Fastening plasterboard to the wall surface at home is possible if you follow the process technology accurately. Since at the slightest deviation from the norms of installation works, in the course of operation sheets of gypsum board will begin to crack. Do not allow these circumstances can be, clearly following the instructions of professionals for sticking gipsokartonnyh sheets on different wall surfaces.