Now in most cases, drywall is used for leveling the surface of walls and ceilings. The standards of the last century are no longer acceptable, since the slightest discrepancy, calculated in centimeters, can put an end to all repairs. A frameless installation method can be used in case the surface is relatively flat. This method allows you to save extra centimeters of living space, a chic squared which can boast of not everyone. What are the advantages of this method, what will be needed for work and step-by-step installation instructions - later in the article.
- Walls plasterboard without frame and profile: advantages and conditions
- Installation of drywall on the wall without a frame: the preparatory stage
- How to level the walls with plasterboard without a frame using glue
- Attach the gypsum board to the screws withoutFrame
- How to glue plasterboard on walls without a frame( video)
Wall finishing with plasterboard without frame and profile: advantages and conditions
Most common plasterboard on wallsWe fix the usual wireframe method: from the metal profile or wooden laths the crate is assembled and the material itself is attached to it. This method allows you to hide communications that can not always please the eye and align the surface. However, not every case allows us to apply this method: first, it is more expensive, and secondly - it takes away the priceless living space, which is now on the contrary, expanded in different ways.
The frameless method of installing gypsum boards on the walls allows to level the surface before further finishing.
What are the advantages of the method?Of course, this is a significant savings on construction materials, and also - the preservation of useful space and the speed of work. Of the drawbacks, it can be noted that the wall will not be strong. It can not be fixed to a shelf or hang a picture, and this method is not always acceptable, since it involves a number of conditions, without observance of which it can become unattainable.
- Wall curvature level. If the walls are very crooked, you will have to return to the method with the crate, since without installing the frame, only minor defects can be eliminated. Drywall is attached to the wall for a special glue or screws, which does not imply the formation of large cavities under the material.
- Availability of communications. Of course, this condition does not apply to the wiring. The motives take up little space, and their concealment will not be difficult. But if there are water pipes or heating pipes on the wall, which you want to hide, you will need to assemble the box. The same applies to ventilation.
- The degree of divergence of the walls around the perimeter of the room. If you plan to install a multi-level, caisson, tension, suspended ceiling or paneling with slabs, even a small divergence of the walls will lead to the collapse of all the work. On the ceiling structure, any asymmetry in the room can be clearly seen. To avoid this will help, again, installing the GCR on the frame.
If the walls are not very crooked, there is no need to hide pipes under the plasterboard and there are no plans to install serious ceiling structures in the room( even if there is a discrepancy, which is quite common), the frameless method is quite acceptable.
Installation of drywall on a wall without a frame: the preparatory stage
Before proceeding with the purchase of material, you need to determine its quantity. To do this, you need to measure the surface area of the skin. This value will be enough to purchase the required number of GCR plates and fasteners.
Drywall on walls without a frame is attached in two ways:
- For putty or glue;
- For self-tapping screws.
Depending on the chosen fastening method, materials are also purchased. In addition to drywall, dowels, screws, washers, shpatlevochnaya mixture, thick foam, assembly foam and glue will be needed.
The tool for the work will need:
- Pencil or marker;
- Pulling thread;
- Construction knife or jigsaw;
- Spatulas( wide and narrow);
- Fine-grained sandpaper;
- Construction level;
- Rotary hammer or electric drill, as well as a screwdriver in case of self-tapping.
Plasterboard without a frame can be mounted only on dry walls. If the room has a high level of humidity or the walls are rather damp, the material will not last long enough on the wall.
How to level the walls with plasterboard without a frame using
glue Before fixing a drywall to the wall, it is important to prepare the surface. To do this, using a metal brush from the wall, the dust and the exfoliated remains of the plaster are scraped off. If the surface of the walls is porous, it will be necessary to treat it with a primer.
- Sawing sheets. Before attaching to the walls, you need to consider the layout of the sheets. The main condition here is to avoid cruciform joints.
- Preparation of glue paste. Depending on the unevenness of the wall, the composition of the mortar may differ. If the difference is up to 4 mm, the filler "Funenfüller" is chosen, with a difference of up to 20 mm, "Perlix" is used. Putty is mixed with water until the consistency of sour cream.
- Application of glue on plasterboard. Again, depending on how many curved walls, glue is applied in different ways. At a discrepancy of up to 4 mm, the mixture is superimposed on the entire surface of the sheet with a small layer. Up to 20 mm, the glue is applied with individual dots with an interval of not more than 35 cm. If the discrepancy is even greater, ten centimeter GCR strips are used, they are attached to the wall and sheets are already directly mounted to them.
- Bonding the sheet. Drywall is pinned to the wall neatly and quickly. After the plate is leveled on the bottom edge, the sheet is pressed firmly against the wall.
- Adjustment. A long construction level or rule corrects convexities. Speaking places are taped with a mallet.
After all the bumps have been removed, for a secure fixation, the sheet is supported for several hours by a wooden board
Instead of putty, the gypsum board can be fixed to a mounting foamIf the coefficient of its expansion is small).Foam has good adhesion, however, before it hardens, the sheet must be securely fixed, otherwise irregularities will appear.
If the curvature of the walls exceeds 40 mm, the walls in places of strong deflection are fixed with guides. Also, in places of strong depressions you need to apply more glue. Joints are processed further and roughing of walls is made.
We fix gypsum board on self-tapping screws without a skeleton
This method of fastening is more reliable, although somewhat more complicated than the previous one. It is successfully used on very curved walls, but there is a condition: the height of ceilings should not exceed 3 m( the technology does not include horizontal seams).
After the preparation of the walls, the following is done:
- The sheet is applied to the wall and 8-10 holes are drilled in it at an equal distance from each other. Thus, marks are placed on the wall.
- Dowels are jammed into the holes on the wall.
- On the reverse side of the GCR, polyurethane foam is glued at a short distance from the drilled holes. It is needed for depreciation.
- Then the sheet is attached to the wall with screws and washers. The width of the washers must be at least 1.5 cm.
- Verifies the vertical. To do this, the level is applied to the wall and in the areas of discrepancy, the screws are screwed or twisted.
- After all the sheets are fixed, small holes are made on each plate on each plate, they are filled with mounting foam.
- After the foam has solidified, the screws can be removed and the holes punched.
The whole process is completed by the preparation of GKL for decorative finishing( painting, wallpapering, etc.).
How to glue plasterboard on walls without a frame( video)
Frameless GKL installation on walls is a rather complicated process, requiring certain knowledge and skills. You need to understand the materials to choose a quality filler or foam. You can proceed to an independent installation by being confident in your abilities and knowledge. Also you can not do without assistants, because the sheets of drywall are rather heavy and bulky. Believe in yourself and you will succeed!