Nowadays, thanks to new technologies, it's much easier to make repairs in your house. Such material as plasterboard is used very widely in construction. Using it you can easily make the facing of walls, erect an interior partition, and make the installation of a false ceiling. A big plus is that it is non-toxic, has no harmful substances and odor. Therefore, it is ideal if you are for ecological construction. Drywall can take any form, which gives ample opportunities in its application for repair.
- Step profile for drywall: the necessary accessories
- How to fix the plasterboard to the profile
- How to fix the drywall to the profile: selection of screws
- Fastening profile for gypsum board: how to make the construction strong
- How to install a profile for fixing drywall( video)
Step profile for drywall: the necessary accessories
Having decided to use gypsum board in construction, wellbut to examine before that, to continue to avoid all defects. Step profile for gypsum cardboard can be different. What is the distance to choose to solve the master, but experts recommend fastening the sheet to the frame in 25 centimeters steps for straight surfaces, and for curved surfaces - 15 centimeters. Such a distance will make the surface more smooth and achieve the desired result, even if the repair will be performed not by specialists, but by own forces.
If you pull the thread through the room around the perimeter, it will be much easier to work.
Required tools and materials for the construction of the frame and fixing of drywall:
- To make the surface even, you need to have a level for construction work;
- Mandatory roulette and paint cord, for accurate measurement in the vertical position of the profile;
- Shears for cutting metal;
- Drill and screwdriver;
- Several metal spatulas of different sizes for joints;
- Roller, for priming and painting walls.
Having all such necessary materials you can start working. When installing gypsum board structures, other materials may be needed, they will be purchased already in the course of work.
Rules of work: how to fix drywall to profile
When the metal frame is ready, you can proceed to fixing the drywall to the profile. At first glance, it seems that everything is already behind and fix the drywall is not any work. But in every kind of work there are subtleties, and this kind of robots in the rack is no exception. The sheets of plasterboard are fastened to the metal frame using self-tapping screws for metal using a screwdriver.
correctly. It is very important to tighten the screw correctly: to prevent damage to the sheet, it must not be pressed deeper than 1 mm.
The most important rules to be observed during the installation of drywall on the frame:
- When sewing sheets, leave a gap of 2 to 3 mm from the wall and not close to the wall;
- Sheets are fastened not in butt-end, but in chess order. On the first row put a whole sheet and half a sheet on the second row;
- Each element for a structure needs to be fastened more than once in three points.
Adhering to the above basic rules, you can easily build any structure using this material.
Than to fix a drywall to a profile: selection of self-tapping screws
In order for the gypsum board to stick well to the profile, it is necessary to choose the right material for fastening. The best option for fastening is to purchase self-tapping screws for metal. Thanks to the phosphated surface of the screws, you can easily wrap them without much effort. On the market there are many different lengths and thicknesses of types of screws, they need to be chosen correctly.
- For plating in one layer of gypsum board, use self-tapping screws with parameters of 3.5 x 25 millimeters;
- If the sheathing occurs in several layers, use self-tapping screws longer.
To ensure that the screws have not been too long or short, you need to buy different little by little. Trying them in the process of work, you can at the right time to buy the necessary.
In most cases, the length of these screws can be in the range from 16 millimeters to 45 millimeters, and the thickness varies between - 3.5 millimeters and 4.8.Specify what kind of self-tapping you need, you can have repair specialists, or from the seller of the store.
Fasteners for drywall profiles: how to make the structure strong
To make the structure of gypsum board strong, reliable and long lasting, it is necessary to properly fix the profile. Fastening profiles for gypsum board, as a rule, occurs in several stages. Initially, the base is attached to the suspension, and then the profile is fixed.
Suspension can be of two types:
- Straight suspension. This is a metal strip in which there are holes, through which it is necessary to fasten the profile to the suspension;
- Suspension with a spoke. This suspension is used for suspended ceilings.
The choice of the fasteners depends primarily on the material, not on the type of suspension. If you use a tree, you can attach it to conventional screws or even nails.
It is important to remember that the suspension on the ceiling must be mounted only on self-tapping screws!
For brick or concrete base use dowel-nails. As it will be fixed precisely the hangers, and all the strength of the structure itself depends.
How to install a profile for fixing drywall( video)
Having decided to do repairs at home, you can contact specialists, and they will do everything for you in a short time, or you can do it yourself. Having studied details on gypsum cardboard and everything connected with it, you can easily build any structure, properly screw the profile for drywall and choose the necessary material for installation. You will know the ways to correctly make the skeleton of any complexity. Now, to wall the wall itself, to make any level of a suspended ceiling is not difficult. Eco-friendliness and comfort in your home are guaranteed!