guides for it. The base of any product is a sturdy frame that holds the structure from the GCR in space, isolating it from kinks, excessive mechanical stress, And providing the product with a sufficient margin of safety for subsequent use.
- Fastening guide for plasterboard(Video)
Types of guiding profile for gypsum board
For the production of the profile, a thin galvanized sheet is used, which protects the structure from the coresRussia and gives stiffness, and at the same time, because of its small weight, facilitates both its own and the entire installation process, which does not require a large expenditure of physical forces.
On your request, the guide profile can be given any shape.
In addition, the slats are easy to twist, which allows them to be used not only for mounting drywall, but also for the implementation of a design idea for your home. The main parameter for selecting a guide is the scope of its application.
. In this connection, the guide rails are divided into several types:
- PS / CW - Rack profile. The main functionality is the installation of a frame of walls and partitions from gypsum board. Mounting - inside the main guide rail.
- Profile beacon or plaster corner. This is an ordinary corner made of galvanized steel or aluminum, which is fixed to the plane with dowels, nails or screws and ensures uniform plastering of the walls. After the work has been completed, it can be removed for reuse.
- PNP profile / UD.(Ceiling guide).Used, as a rule, for fixing suspended ceilings. Suitable for plastering the ceiling, as a guide to the PP.It has a U-shape and is attached directly to the ceiling profile. The method of installation is the same as the PP.
- Mon / UW - the guiding profile. This profile is the basis for fixing the horizontal racks, which means that it is the basis of the frame for the entire gypsum board structure.
- Arched profile. This fixture is used to create a non-standard or complex construction, such as an arch. The material of manufacture is the same as that of a conventional profile. The difference is that this design provides the possibility of bends, twists, curls for more flexible use, due to cuts, blanks and holes.
- Profile Reinforced. It is a solid stand used for the installation of partitions in door arches.
PP - ceiling profile. Fully provides a ceiling mount without additional supporting components.
According to the classification "Knauf" - it is marked as CD.This is one of the most famous types of profiles.
The method of installation - an anchor, or on direct suspensions. Has a U-shape, fastening with profile fasteners. A variety of ways to fix drywall in the construction market will completely satisfy any request and help realize your idea.
The main dimensions of the plasterboard guides
If repairs are to be carried out in which the construction of plasterboard structures is planned, but there are no graphs for the cost of the master's work, there is a need to be well versed in the technical aspects of all the necessary materials.
Please note!Guiding profile for plasterboard metal can be made to order, under the required dimensions.
In order not to lose with the choice of material, first of all it is necessary to be guided by the thickness of the metal from which it is made. If the walls of the product are thin, not more than half a centimeter, then it is suitable only for walls, the products are thicker for the ceiling.
The guides have the following dimensions:
- Profile Guide( PN).Length - 3 000 m( 3 m), Height - 40 mm, width 40,65,75,100 mm;
- Profile Rack( PS).Length - 3000 mm, 3500 mm 4000 mm, 6000 mm, Height - 50 mm, the base - 50 65 75 100 mm;
- Profile Ceiling( PP).Length - 3000 mm, Height - 27 mm, width - 60 mm;
- Ceiling guide( PNP).Length - 3000 mm, Height - 27 mm, width - 28 mm;
- Profile Reinforced( PU).Length - 3000 m, 4000 m, 6000 m. Height - 40 mm, width - 50, 75, 100 mm;
- Profile Lighthouse( PM).The length is 3000 mm. Section - 22 x 6, 23 x 10 and 62 x 6.6
- Profile Arched( PA).The length is 3000 mm, 6000 mm. Section - 22 x 6, 23 x 10 and 62 x 6.
Also do not forget that for the subsequent finishing of arches it is better to take a special curvilinear profile, rather than planar.
More details on how and how to fix the guides for drywall
The ways of fastening profiles are varied. It all depends on what type of profile you use for a particular installation time. In any case, the durability and strength of the entire structure depends on the properly selected and installed fastening.
. If the profile is not securely secured, then all the work and material will go wrong and have to be altered, otherwise it will fall off together with plasterboard.
The very question of fastening is divided into two sections: fastening the profile together with the help of connecting mechanisms and direct fastening to the wall. For example, the ceiling mount uses mechanisms such as "Crab", a direct suspension, a floating suspension system, a T-joint and others. Fastening to the wall occurs with the help of straight hangers, self-tapping screws, dowels, self-tapping screws.
Here are the types of the most common fasteners:
- T-shaped fasteners - used for fixing the ceiling profile at one level at a 90-degree angle;
- Suspension with spring - fastens the ceiling profile directly to the ceiling
- Multi-level connector - used for fixing the frame under a multi-level ceiling;
- Extension connector - assembles the profile in a single elongated to your size
- Direct suspension - is a bracket for fixing to the ceiling of the bearing profile;
- "Crab" one-level - connects drywall sheets at one level, in parallel planes relative to each other;
- "Crab" two-level - connects sheets on two-level planes.
The "Crab" mount is considered universal, it is used for suspended structures, walls, and ceilings.
Rules and Steps for Installing
Drywall Guides When the main and additional elements of a future drywall structure are selected, the most interesting is the construction process. The first step is to fix the guide profile. It is the basis, so the mistakes here are unforgivable.
Please note!If you take an aluminum profile, then only glass can be attached to it. He can not withstand the heavier materials because of his softness.
And now you can gather strength and spirit, and move on to mounting the structure.
The process of setting a profile can be divided into several stages:
- The first stage is the installation of hangers, on which the guides themselves will be attached. At the first stage it is necessary to calculate in advance the number of hangers used for a given solution, in accordance with the footage of your space, the thickness of the drywall and its further operation. Hence - the distance between the screws, the length of the screws, the number of fastenings, leveling. For ease of installation, some fasteners already have holes for hardware.
- The second stage is the installation of the profile itself for further fixing the drywall. At this stage it is important to set the vertical and horizontal level, and all fit.
- And, finally, the third stage is the hanging of the material itself. This stage is a test of all your previous work. Checking your fixtures for durability and the ability to properly install drywall sheets.
This can be considered work completed.
Fastening of a guide for gypsum board( video)
Given the variety of information on the Internet about the choice of fasteners and ways to install it, you can independently choose the components you need for excellent repair. It is important to remember - the basis of any design is your knowledge, which determines the choice of quality materials, and hence the guarantee of strength and durability of any ideas you realize.