Knauf received its name from the name of the two founding brothers, Karl and Alfons. Its history begins in 1932, when the birth of "Reinisch Gipsindustri und Bergverksunternemen" was born. Their first product was building mixtures, the basis of which was natural gypsum. A few years later they opened a factory in a town called Iphofen, and from 1958, plasterboard began to be produced. In subsequent years, Knauf only grew, becoming a large family with subsidiaries around the world, and in 1993 they began their activities in Russia.
- Types GCR Knauf
- Drywall Knauf: Sizes
- Specifications GCR Knauf: necessary tools
- mount technology plasterboard Knauf
- Memo newcomer: plasterboard Knauf
- Overview and types of plasterboard Knauf( video)
Types of GKL Knauf
Knauf has continued to develop over the years. More and more new materials appear in its arsenal.
It should be noted that the expansion of the production line does not affect the quality of products.
As you know, GKL is used for interior decoration of a room. Which, of course, is very convenient.
Drywall can be classified according to the following properties:
- Standard. It is used for facing rooms in which the normal temperature is maintained. It is suitable for work in office premises, apartment buildings, in the enterprise. The color of the standard sheet is gray or blue. This is the most inexpensive and often used type of GCR.Its undisputed advantage is safety for man and nature.
- Water resistant. Available in green. It is used in places with high humidity, or in poorly ventilated rooms( shower, swimming pool, sauna, toilet, sanitary rooms).
- Fire-resistant. This drywall is used wherever it is necessary to observe the fire safety technique, or the elevated temperature. For example, when working with wood, with a fireplace, in boiler rooms, next to the evacuation exit. It has a pinkish color.
Knauf drywall: dimensions
For effective work with gypsum board it is necessary to know its exact characteristics.
Knauf stands out because it leaves marks on its product. In GCR for these purposes is the front side of the sheet. The dimensions of a drywall sheet, most often, are measured in millimeters and meters.
The plasterboard material is used for a variety of jobs. With its help, partitions are being built, fireplaces are being created, walls are simply decorated, arches are being built. In addition, this material is convenient in the finish works, as it interacts easily, and with wallpaper, and with paint, and with a tile.
The GCR has the following dimensions:
- Standard. Thickness 12.5 mm, and length - 2 m, 2.5 m, 2.7 m, 3 m, 3.3 m.
- Refractory. The thickness is 12.5 m, and the length is 2 m, 2.5 m, 3.3 m.
- Waterproof. Thickness 12.5 Length - 2 m, 2.5 m, 3 m.
The most commonly used sheets are 3 square meters. M. Such a sheet weighs 29 kilograms. Packing GKL consists of 5 sheets.
Technical specifications GKL Knauf: the necessary tools
For a high-quality processing of the room with gypsum board, a variety of tools are used.
Despite its seeming simplicity, the technological map turns out to be impressive. Of course, most of these tools are used only by the pros.
Let's analyze this set and its characteristics.
Most of the presented tools are not expensive at all, so it's recommended to get this list:
- The punch is truly indispensable for the tool.
- Screwdriver-drill. With its help, a perforated segment is created, into which self-tapping screws are subsequently screwed. Another way to use it is to unscrew bolts from the GCR.
- The prosector. Used to fasten metal profiles.
- Needle roller is a tool designed for uniform puncture of GCR.
- .Used for leveling the ends, stripping and giving the desired shape of the GCR.
- Disk cutter. Designed for cutting small strips of plasterboard.
- Saw ring - used for making holes for lighting and sockets.
- Knife-saw. Used for cutting gypsum board, cutting holes for switches.
- Knife. You can use clerical.
- Roulette and ruler. Needed for marking sheet drywall.
- Level. Used to determine the unevenness.
Drywall installation technology Knauf
Knauf gypsum board is so popular also because its mounting technology is quite simple.
The highlight of this process is the absence of wet work, which reduces working time and makes it easier.
Relative cheapness of this material, also does not leave people indifferent. GKL is suitable for the most extravagant design ideas. The manufacturer Knauf made sure that even a beginner coped with the work on installing gypsum board.
You need to know that gypsum boards can be installed using one of the following methods:
- Without the use of a frame. In this version, the GCR simply glues to the wall. The downside of this method of installation is that the ground should be perfectly flat.
- Using a wireframe. The tig system for fixing the GCR can be both metallic and wooden. The second option is not very convenient in operation, and will serve much less.
Mounting using metal profiles is considered more convenient. The reviews of the professionals about him are very worthy.
Let us dwell on it in more detail:
- Preparation. Before installing the frame and its skin, it is necessary to carry out some work with the surface. First you need to clean them from the old cladding, remove all unnecessary. Further, it is recommended that the surface be ground and treated with a primer.
- Installation. It is best to use a metal profile. His characteristics are much higher than others. During the installation work, the structure must be constantly monitored. You need to start with the markup. The best thing to do is markup on the wall, and on the ceiling, and on the floor. The profiles must be applied with sealant or sealing adhesive tape. Screw the guides. The distance between them should not be more than 100 cm, and for mounting each profile it is recommended to use 3 fasteners. We mount the hangers to the wall, use the necessary dowels. We install the profiles and fix it with screws.
- Stacking. The GCR is fixed from the corner. The distance between the screws is -2.5 cm. Only whole sheets are used. Remains are screwed on the end. If the height of the drywall sheet is less than the sheathing wall, then the guiding profiles are added to the joints, and then they are sheathed. Do not create joints near the window or door. This will increase the likelihood of crack formation. Self-tapping screws need to be drowned in the GCR 0.1 cm from the surface.
- Facing. Drywall perfectly interacts with any finishing material, and, nevertheless, it is worth to process it before the finish works. It is necessary to fill the structure, paying special attention to the joints of the sheet.
Do not recommend the use of finishing putty, it is best to use a special one. Finishing stroke will be a primer surface.
Reminder for beginner: drywall Knauf
There are several rules that need to be read before the repair begins.
- All work on the installation of drywall should be carried out before the new floor is installed.
- The room temperature should not fall below 10 ° C.If repairs are carried out in winter, you should wait for the start of the heating season.
- In places where the GCR dock with the frame or the doorpost, the sheets of gypsum board can be closed using a decorative casing.
- What the instruction writes about must be observed. Otherwise, the result is not the level of quality that you expected.
Do not forget that when working with gypsum boards, leave a gap.
Overview and types of Knauf plasterboard( video)
All these recommendations will help to fulfill the repair terms not only quickly, but also qualitatively. When choosing Knauf plasterboard and following all the rules for working with it, you can create perfectly smooth, durable and durable walls. Successes in repair!