Despite the fact that the drywall, the material is very very versatile, there are several problems to be faced novice repairmen. It has already been said, and more than once, that drywall is an irreplaceable material. The fact that wet works when installing with this material is practically absent, adds a few points to it. And what a variety of constructions use drywall. But the trouble is, after assembling and fixing the GCR, unattractive stitches remain. How not to try, but from the joints can not escape. Here also it is necessary to resourceful masters to direct luster on the work. Yes, it's not so simple.
- How to seal the joints of gypsum board: choose
- Tool The seal the joints of gypsum board: choose material
- tape drywall
- joints How to seal the joints of plasterboard: the procedure works
- Tips experienced repairmen
- do the right: sealing of joints drywall( video)
How to seal the joints of gypsum board: choose
tool the first thing you should decide before you plug the seams, itYour own words, what is needed for this. In addition to the materials themselves, which we will talk about below, you will also need tools for sealing seams. You should not save on them. Most of these devices are reusable, and will be required in the future.
So, in order to seal the seams GCR need:
- spatula. There is not one type of spatula, but for this work is suitable for almost anyone who will be comfortable to work with.
- Dishes for kneading putty. Here, again, there is not much difference, but it is recommended to use a plastic one, it will be more convenient to wash it.
- Primer under the primer. Such plastic troughs are sold in any hardware store and are inexpensive, but will have a great help when working with primer.
- Roller. Only not rubber, it generally has another purpose - any fluffy. It is important that the roller has a long handle or hole, through which the handle can be lengthened.
The repaired drywall joints: select material
After all tools are selected, define the required material for the work.
It is very important to determine what works will be carried out with the GCR in the future, as the choice of material depends on this.
To qualitatively cover the seams and leave no joints, it is necessary to correctly perform not only the work itself, but also the selection of materials.
- Putty. The choice of filler will depend on the work to be carried out with the structure in the future. Most often, they use an ordinary, finishing shpatlevku, and are very mistaken in this. If the future plans include painting GKL, then it is not recommended to use the finishing putty. For these purposes, there is a special putty for joints. But, if the gypsum board construction needs to be pasted with wallpaper, then the finishing putty will do.
- Primer. To ensure that all work is useless, when choosing a primer, you need to be guided by the type of surface and type of work after its application. When processing structures from GKL, an acrylic primer is suitable.
Adhesive tape for joints of plasterboard
After finishing the work on sealing joints, in their place should be a design - as strong as the GKL itself. If this does not happen, the entire structure will be subject to deformation. Therefore, the second most important material is the tape for joints.
There are two kinds of tapes:
- Paper tape. It is sold in rolls having a width of 52 mm and a length type 2:. 50.76 m and 153 m tape surface has a certain roughness that provides a better grip. When corner finishing is applied, there is a small crease along the entire length of the tape, making it much easier to use. Of the disadvantages of using paper tape is worth noting a more time-consuming process.
- Self-adhesive mesh or serpentine. It has a length of 20, 45 and 90 m, and a width of 45 and 50 mm. Just like paper tape, the mesh is self-adhesive and not. Non-adhesive mesh wins at a price, but is much inferior in terms of the amount of labor required to fix it.
It is very important to remember that when working with self-adhesive mesh, it must be stored in a plastic bag, so that the adhesive layer will not dry up. An essential disadvantage of using a grid is that it is not recommended to use for sealing joints of internal corners.
How to seal the joints of plasterboard: the order of work
All materials and tools are prepared, it's time to get to work. Work on smoothing joints is extremely painstaking. Do not fuss and careless about the work. If you follow all the prescribed tips, then the seams on the GCR will be almost not noticeable.
So, for sealing joints work consists of two stages:
- Preparatory. Surface preparation work.
- Sealing of joints.
surface of the first thing you must do before working with seams between the FCL is to treat the surface. To do this, clean the surface of the docking assemblies. Remove traces of GCR with a spatula, and to remove dust, you can use a vacuum cleaner. Do not forget about the screws. Their hats must be drowned by 1 mm. After this, the joints of drywall should be primed, and allow the surface to dry.
The second, intermediate stage will be the preparation of putty. The method of preparation is indicated on the package, but it is worth remembering that the "lifetime" of the putty mixture is not large, about 20 minutes, so do not prepare the mixture too much.
Now take the spatula and evenly apply the putty on the joints, not missing the screws. While the putty has not had time to dry out, a tape is applied to the seams, which must be covered with a spatula. After the putty has dried, the remnants can be cleaned with a spatula, and if necessary, use sandpaper. In the end, the entire structure must be primed.
Advice for experienced repairers
Any inaccuracies in the sealing of joints can lead to the formation of cracks. But even when everything is done correctly, it's not worth to say that they definitely will not appear. After all, the slightest change in temperature or a shift in the GCR can lead to the formation of cracks.
To avoid this, you need to as tightly as possible to fill the joints, and to carry out repair work should be in a room with constant temperatureAnd humidity( do not tear open the windows, close the door).
doing something right: sealing of joints drywall( video)
Finally, if the package with the filler will be written: "sealing drywall seams without using reinforcing tape" is not worth itself encouraging. Such a putty is simply not intended for sealing joints.