Drywall is a natural, inexpensive, multifunctional material with which you can change a lot in your home. Align the walls, change the appearance of the ceiling, create interior partitions. Almost any finish "makes friends" with gypsum cardboard, it is also easy to install, in short, choosing building materials, rarely anyone does not consider the idea with gypsum cardboard.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the material: how to work with plasterboard
- Avoiding cracks: how to work with drywall
- Is it possible to mount drywall on glue: work with GKL
- Power tools: how to work with gypsum plasterboardHands to perform correctly
- Rules for working with plasterboard( video)
Advantages and disadvantages of the material: how to work with plasterboard
Low-cost material is always convenient - and even in old houses, wherefloors are not as durable, can be mounted drywall. He will strengthen the design, but it will not significantly increase it. At the same time the strength of drywall is not the maximum, but still 12 kg it will withstand, and this is every point fixation.
Advantages of drywall:
- This is environmentally friendly material;
- Flexible and flexible;
- You can not worry about the choice of finishing - and wallpaper, and paint, and the tiles will well fall on the drywall;
- Good sound insulation is also guaranteed;
- The material is light;
- It is inexpensive;
- In the installation, too, there is nothing complicated;
- Non-combustible material, fire-resistant.
For the sake of fairness, it is necessary to mention the "minuses" of the materials, without which there were some. This is relatively low in comparison with other materials. If you do not adhere to all the rules of operation, it will lead to material damage, it may appear cracks, or chips at the corners. Also, he does not tolerate strong blows, because of which a hole may appear. Further - if large objects are fixed, the construction will have to be strengthened. If you fix gypsum boards on the glue, you'll have to keep them until it dries completely.
Avoiding cracks: how to work with drywall
In the installation of drywall to the ceiling or to the wall, you can understand the process, and it is better to resort to video lessons or detailed instructions.
First of all, it is necessary to say that it is necessary to work with gypsum cardboard at that period of finishing works, when those works that increase the humidity in the room are already completed.
But there are issues that do not lie on the surface, but often become problematic. One of them is a crack on the plasterboard. Of course, they can be avoided.
. Five main "recipes" to avoid cracks:
- The temperature in the buildingShould be below plus 15 degrees;
- Do not allow sheets to join to the racks of window or doorways - this is very important installation technique( when the doors are closed, there is a dynamic load on the walls, so cracks in the joints of plasterboard can be formed quite quickly);
- To protect the outer corners, you need to use a metal profile or reinforced paper;
- Sheets should not be exposed to high humidity;
- Putties and plasters need to be used by those recommended by drywall manufacturers.
The direction of the installation of screws is also important. It's easier to follow the directions of the instruction, because the wrong fixture will lead to tension in the wall. And then to the cracks nearby.
Is it possible to mount drywall on glue: work with GKL
Yes, it is possible if the surface under the gypsum plasterboard skin is even. You can apply gypsum mastic directly to the sheet of plasterboard. But glue lozhechechki should not fall on the lighthouses, which before you put on the wall.
To stick a sheet to beacons, apply a thin layer of the sheet surface, no more than one millimeter, a special mastic. In a sheet of cardboard, if necessary, make cutouts for the doorway or window opening.
But if the walls are even, then it is not necessary to apply beacons. Choose a good adhesive mixture, which has the consistency of thick sour cream. Apply it to the sheet with a notched trowel. Lean the sheet against the wall, press down the rule, making sure that the seam between the sheets is minimal.
Power tools: how to work with plasterboard with your own hands correctly
In the installation of GCR, you will need some power tools. Well, if they already have you in the arsenal, but if not - will have to look. Take it from friends, rent or buy.
Tools for working with plasterboard:
- Screwdriver - needed for tightening screws, veryOften it runs on battery, which is very convenient;
- Rotary hammer - no matter what you work with, ceiling or wall, partitions, everywhere it drills holes equally well;
- Sanding machine - brings work to perfection.
But this is power tools. And if you also have hand tools that you can not do without either - scissors for metal, construction glasses, gypsum plaster, level, pliers, hammer, knife and roulette with a lock. Respirator and goggles are mandatory, protect the respiratory system from unavoidable building dust.
Professionals all over the world use gypsum cardboard as one of the main finishing materials. This is due to its high level of versatility, quality, ease of manufacture, and use. It is cheap, and it is mounted very simply.
Rules for working with plasterboard( video)
Working with gypsum board is polished in practice - the more you do, the better it turns out. Be sure to read the instructions, see the video tutorials, consult with professionals.