Today Drywall - the most common material used in the repair of both residential and non-residential premises. Functional and decorative gypsum plasterboard constructions of any complexity can be seen almost everywhere: multilevel ceilings, figured decor, various arches, piers, boxes, partitions, etc. Wall sheathing or assembly of partitions is the most frequent use of GKL, and the installation of outlets and switches is usually planned at an early stage, even before the erection of the structure. But it often happens that it becomes necessary to install a wall outlet in an already finished wall, often even finished. How can I be in this situation?Let's consider both options in more detail.
- sockets in the wall of plasterboard
- Preparing to install outlets in plasterboard
- How to install sockets in drywall: site selection
- two ways: how to put the socket in drywall
- Step by step installation sockets in drywall(video)
sockets in the wall of plasterboard
advantages of plasterboard walls on the face: it is fire and environmental safety, and sound, as well as an acceptable cost and bysConstruction erection. At the stage of rough finishing, as a rule, wiring is mounted in the wall. The principle of installing switches and sockets in gypsum board walls is slightly different from installing them in concrete. Drywall has its own peculiarities and it is important to take it into account before carrying out the work.
There are two ways of wiring:
- At the stage of assembly of the structure;
- At the stage of wall finishing.
wires can be hidden inside the wall, using corrugated pipe, or to make the outer side walls in specially prepared Stroebe.
It should be remembered that in the presence of a wooden frame, the conductive wiring must be securely hidden under the corrugated tube.
Preparing to install outlets in plasterboard
plasterboard wall socket set will not be difficult even for a beginner, if you follow safety instructions and do everything right. However, any work requires some preparation. Before proceeding with the installation of the outlet, it is important to consider something.
- Select the installation location of the outlet;
- Calculate the required number of podzroetnikov, sockets, wires, switches, security elements, etc.;
- Identify the installation method;
- Prepare tools and materials.
addition Enclosures and sockets with switches, as well as wires need quick puttyFreezing and the usual filler mixture. From
tool, depending on the type of installation, may be required with an electric drill cutter( crown diameter 7 cm), a marker or pencil otbivochnogo thread cutter.
- Screwdriver or screwdriver;
- Construction level and roulette;
- Figured screwdriver.
Figured nozzle on a screwdriver or a screwdriver is needed to mount the partition Escutcheon for wiring and installation sockets.
How to install sockets in drywall: site selection
How to correctly identify the location of a contact connection?When choosing the location for the outlet, it is important to base on where the electrical appliances will be installed.
height of the outlet can be any, but there are Euro standard:
- from the floor outlet is recommended to be mounted on a height of 30 cm;
- If the outlet is mounted above the working area of the kitchen, its height according to the European standard is 120 cm from the floor;
- When installing a washing machine or dishwasher, the height of the outlet is 1 m;
- Switches should be located at a height of 80 cm from the floor.
Everyone decides for themselves whether to pay special attention to standards. For example, for a TV attached to the ceiling, or a kitchen hood, the outlet near the floor would not be the best option.
two ways: how to put the socket in drywall
Once done counting, preparation of materials and tools all complete, you are ready for installation. Depending on the method of installation, the order of work differs. If the wires are fixed in the wall, it remains only to mount the outlet and connect. And if a wiring device is planned to be installed on the outside of the pier, a groove is cut in the gypsum board, the wire is laid and frozen quickly with a hardening compound( for example - alabaster).
following installation steps are as follows:
- cut a hole in the wall. For this purpose we put on the electric drill a crown with the necessary diameter and direct it to the central point of the site planned for the socket. Drywall must be drilled carefully, pressing the appliance gently so as not to break the material. If you plan to install a socket block, several holes are made in the wall at the same distance from each other( 72 mm between the centers).
- Install the sub-socket. If you pay attention to the body of the receptacle, you can find 4 screws, 2 of which are needed to fix the outlet itself, and 2 - to adjust the holder feet. First we remove from the hole of the wire and pass them through the podrozetnik. Next, install the jigsaw in the gypsum board, fixing from the back side of its presser paws with bolts.
- Apply a layer of putty. Typically, after installation Escutcheon and test the performance of the system, there comes a stage finish of hearts and only after drying the starting and finishing putty layer is made further installation sockets.
- We connect the socket to the power supply. Before making the connection, make sure that the line is de-energized( the voltage on bare wires can be checked with a simple indicator).Grounding, zero and phase are connected to the appropriate terminals on the socket housing and tighten the wires tightly so that in due course the contacts do not weaken and begin to melt the plastic housing.
- Install the socket in the sub-socket. The socket is installed in the sub-socket and fixed in it with the appropriate screws. We establish a plastic frame and a decorative cover.
When plating the walls of plasterboard with the subsequent installation of outlets, boxes and switches, note that the distance from the rough surface to gypsum should not be less than 4.5 cm, or podrozetnik just do not fit.
Step by step installation in plasterboard wall outlet( video)
installation sockets in the drywall is not possible without the installation Escutcheon. If the gap between the GCR and the roughing wall is too small, a punch is required for installation.