Gypsum boards constructed with their own hands require a high quality finishing finish. And to make the decorative finishing layer ideal, such a process as putty, no one canceled. This is an obligatory moment for preparing the GKL for finishing, as well as the necessary stage associated with sealing seams, joints, corners.
- Features material: some putty choose plasterboard
- What putty putty gypsum board: gypsum mixture
- cement plaster and its features
- Polymer putty mixture
- suitable filler for plasterboard: what better
- How to use plasterboard filler( video)
Material features: what kind of filler to choose for drywall
Today in construction shopsYou can find any mixtures can be used as a ready-made filler, and the blend, which has yet to be bred. The finished mixture is good, if you are sure that you bought it and immediately run off to putty the wall. But if the repair has to be postponed, or the mixture is dosed to use, such a product will not work - it will quickly deteriorate.
The type of bonding agent is as follows:
All three types of compounds are suitable for puttying, but it is very important to know the process conditions - where to putty, what exactly, under what conditions, etc. For example, in certain rooms you only need a moisture resistant putty. Of course, much depends on the financial possibilities. There are recognized brands, brands( such as Knauf), whose quality does not need to be said. But even little-known brands can be of good quality, so the choice becomes even more complicated.
What putty putty plasterboard: gypsum mixture
Experts say that the best plaster for gypsum board - it's just a gypsum mixture. At the heart of this material are natural ingredients and fillers that improve the characteristics of the mixture. This is a natural project, absolutely harmless and, so to speak, "understandable" to the buyer.
is perfect. Among the advantages of gypsum putty:
- It does not shrink;
- The material is easy to align;
- Pretty soon this plaster dries;
- It's easy to make a solution - you simply add gypsum to the water in the right amount.
As you can see, the properties speak for themselves, which forces the masters to make a choice in their favor.
Gypsum plasters are not recommended for use in rooms with high humidity levels.
But there are gypsum putty and disadvantages - and, above all, it's poor water resistance. The fact is that gypsum quickly absorbs moisture. And with repeated drying the coating will crack.
Cement putty and its features
And this is the most moisture-resistant putty among a number of available for sale. It is convenient also that such putties well withstand temperature changes. That's why these putties are good for finishing plasterboard in the kitchen or in the bathroom.
The lack of putty cement mixes is a strong shrinkage during the drying period, as well as the formation of microcracks. Therefore putty has to be done several times. If you do not dare, let the experts fill the cement mix - they still know all the nuances of this material.
Polymeric putty mixes
And here the polymer blends are superior to both of the above compositions in terms of their performance characteristics. They can be used in any room, in the living room and bedroom, bathroom and kitchen, hallway and corridor, etc. These mixtures do not shrink, they will provide you with a perfectly smooth and smooth surface of plasterboard, because the finish with such mixtures is very real.
The modern polymer compositions are:
- Latex filler. This mixture is suitable for indoor use only.
- Acrylic putty. This same universal composition - and for the walls of the room, and for the facade of knowledge. True, acrylic, for all its charms, it is very quickly frozen.
These coatings are characterized by ductility, high strength, no odor, and, very importantly, durability. The practical use of such mixtures indicates the preservation of the structure of the coating and the absence of negative deformation processes.
Suitable filler for gypsum board: which is better
For each work step, a mixture with certain functional characteristics should be selected. Some compounds are used to eliminate cracks and seaming, others are more suitable for leveling the surface, but a third are used for decorative finishing of walls, ceilings, partitions.
The following types of putty are selected:
- Start. It is necessary for the processing of seams and appreciable depressions, large cracks and other visible defects. This is a coarse-grained mixture that is needed for rough primary processing.
- Finishing. Its purpose is to apply a finishing coat, it eliminates the remaining drawbacks and helps to achieve the most flat surface under the wallpapering and painting. This is a white, fine-grained mixture.
- Universal. It carries in itself the purpose of both starting and finishing putty. It is also used for sealing seams, and for leveling, and for eliminating defects, etc. A mixture of increased strength.
Depending on the type of work, you need to choose the right filler.
What composition to take - be guided by the price, on the instruction on the package.
Be sure to consult with the seller-consultant, indicate the purpose of your work, the level of preparation, get good advice.
How plasterboard plaster is used( video)
Putty is an important process in the repair with plasterboard. Do not spare time and money, and then the next repair will be a long time. Be sure to check that the product is certified.