When something breaks down, for example, during the repair - it is unexpected, it grieves and change plans. And this happens often with plasterboard, on the wall or on the ceiling. Gypsum plasterboard walls can not be called particularly strong, because it is easy to penetrate a hole in such a construction. Most often this happens when moving furniture.
- two ways: how to close up the hole in the drywall
- How and what to close up the hole in the drywall
- Preparing the mix to eliminate holes FCL
- Elimination of large and small holes in drywall
- methods: how to close upa hole in the drywall( video)
two ways: how to close up the hole in the drywall
If there was a hole, it is possible to eliminate at least two ways in drywall construction. These methods can be used both on the ceiling and on the wall. Choose more simple for you.
How to fix a hole in the GCR:
- If the hole is small, it is necessary to use serpyanku, putty, and all this inSeveral stages.
- If the hole is large, you'll have to make a patch of gypsum board. The perimeter of the patch should be six inches longer than the hole.
Of course, in the wall holes appear much more often than on the ceiling. This fact should be taken into account even at the stage of preparation for installation of gypsum board construction. It does not matter, because of what appeared a hole in the plasterboard. The technology of disguise will still be unchanged.
How and how to fix a hole in a drywall
For work you will need both materials and tools. The materials will require self-tapping, a sheet of plasterboard, wooden bars, a sickle and putty. If the damage occurred in the kitchen or in the bathroom, take a waterproof drywall.
Tools will need the following:
- Metal ruler;
- Knife for cutting plasterboard;
- An electric drill with a nozzle for mixing solutions.
With such a list of materials and tools you will be easy to close up any hole.
Before work it is necessary to eliminate the cause of damage, and also to cut off all the hanging elements from the edge of the hole.
Do it necessarily, as the "rags" along the edges of the hole will not allow you to close it qualitatively, and after a while the hole will open again.
Preparation of a mixture for removing a hole GKL
On a package with a mixture, there is usually an instruction, do everything according to it. Pour the required amount of water, stir the powder. It is the powder that is poured into the water, and not vice versa. If you do it differently, a lot of sediment is necessarily formed on the bottom of the tank.
Stir until the creamy consistency is obtained, stir the solution with an electric drill.
During the process, take care so that no lumps. Their appearance can affect both the work itself and the final result. To the mass became homogeneous, it needs to be left several times for a couple of minutes for swelling. Then you can be absolutely sure that you will get the right material for the subsequent work.
The solution is ready, you can work with it. If you bought a diluted mixture, do not do anything. But it is necessary to use it at once all, as long-term storage it does not stand up. So, in the case of holes, the powder mixture is more profitable.
Removing large and small holes in the drywall
Yes, there is a difference between how to fix a small hole in the wall or on the ceiling, or work with a big hole. Once again, we recall that the reason for the appearance of a hole in the choice of the method for its elimination does not affect it in any way. Let's start with an easier way.
If a small hole in drywall:
- At the opening glued serpyanka;
- Then put the putty layer;
- After the first layer has dried, this procedure is repeated several times, it would be good to apply two or three layers;
- After the final coat has dried, the work surface should be given the smoothness and flatness, and already this requires sandpaper.
If a big hole, so you just do not "get off."I'll have to make a patch from the same kind of drywall that is punched.
patch on the large hole:
- Using a ruler, measure the opening and not only a hole, but all damage around it;
- to the damaged wall, apply markup ruler and pencil markings apply, starting from the corners, and not from the middle;
- The edges of the hole are cut in such a way that a rectangular shape is obtained;
- On the gypsum plasterboard, apply the dimensions of the required patch;
- The 6 cm patch should be larger than the hole itself - cut out the patch;
- From the back of the patch, cut everything up to the gypsum so that only the cardboard layer remains on the front part;
- On the cover, make an incision, and trim only the face of the sheet to the gypsum;
- Inside hole fasten the two wooden beams, they are placed at a distance of 4-5 cm from the edge of the hole, attach them using the self-tapping screws;
- The gypsum mixture is applied to the edges of the hole and patch.
Next, just gently press the patch against the wall. And to disguise it, you need to process the joints with a self-adhesive tape, apply a layer of gypsum mortar over the patch, and rub all the irregularities with a nest. After drying the solution, proceed to the final putty.
Ways: how to fix a hole in a drywall( video)
And, of course, it's good to make a finish putty - it's plaster, paint, wallpaper, stucco. It is important that the place with the patch does not stand out in any way, harmoniously blended with the overall picture. Then qualitative disguise will succeed.