Noise needed in many areas: in factories and theaters, recording studios and concert halls. It is important to achieve isolation of unnecessary noise in the apartment or private house. The sound penetrates into the room from the outside, and along the bearing floors, transmitting noise from neighboring apartments and rooms. To provide complete sound insulation with a coefficient of 1 at home is expensive and difficult, but you can reduce the noise level by thinking about the soundproofing of partitions made of plasterboard.
- Acoustic plasterboard as a material for insulation
- noise Noise walls of plasterboard
- Noise insulation walls plasterboard step by step
- Additional measures to ensure sound insulation
- process soundproofing drywall( video)
acoustic plasterboard as a material for noise insulation
Plasterboard is well insulates extra noise. Therefore, it is often used for interior decoration of walls. Not bad, it proved itself and as a material for interior partitions, but it will be necessary to increase the sound absorption of drywall using additional layers of special materials, for example, acoustic drywall.
It differs from its usual design: a sheet covered with fine perforation a, the reverse side is covered with a cloth with a high coefficient of sound absorption.
material presented today in an assortment of many manufacturers, but remains the leader Knauf. It is used the same way as usual( it is mounted on a profile).
Advantages acoustic plasterboard:
- Troubleshooting "echo" due to the quenching effect of the sound waves within the plate;
- Environmentally friendly material and its safety for installation in residential areas;
- The various sizes of perforations allow to choose sheets of acoustic drywall of the necessary level of sound insulation( it varies from 0,2 to 1);
- Easy installation of structures from acoustic drywall;
- Possibility of finishing with soundproof plasterboard both walls and ceiling with smooth transition without visible joint.
Due to these qualities, the material can be used for living quarters, and create various architectural solutions, and be used in specialized buildings requiring enhanced soundproofing.
Noise isolation of the plasterboard partitions
For indoor or intra-office partitions of gypsum board, isolation of foreign sounds is also very important. In addition to using the acoustic gypsum board already mentioned above, it is possible to achieve it in a number of ways. For example, using an inner layer of soundproof material.
Separately, it is worth highlighting a new method of soundproofing drywall - acoustic spray coatings.
modern market soundproof materials offers a wide choice of foam boards, fiberglass, mineral wool or cork sheets, polymer membrane, polyester plates -All of them have their advantages and disadvantages, based on which it is worth choosing in favor of this or that noise isolator.
- Sound absorption level: for perforated and porous fillers it is higher;
- Fire safety: choose non-combustible sound insulators, which include mineral wool;
- The cost of some types of noise absorbing materials is very high, which should be taken into account when drawing up estimates for the future partition.
Regardless of what type of noise insulation for interior partitions you choose, they are assembled in approximately the same way, using which you can easily make a soundproof partition with your own hands.
Noise insulation walls plasterboard step by step
order to independently provide sound insulation walls plasterboard will need a standard set of tools for working with drywall constructions, Profile PS and guide Mon, sheets of plain or acoustical drywall, screws, knock-screws and dowels or anchor-Nails.
An important element of soundproofing of walls and partitions from gypsum board is sealing tape, which removes the vibration of the profile.
For better sound insulation and ensuring the strength of the design on each side of the partition is mounted a double layer of plasterboard that must be considered when calculating the required number of sheets. For a doorway, if it is planned, it is necessary to stock up with a bar.
- marking and cutting of profiles, sheets of plasterboard and sealing material. It is carried out by means of a tape measure, a pencil, laser or water level. Observe the accuracy of the construction, especially when marking the intermediate frame racks.
- Mounting of frame from profiles. Vertical racks and frame are cut from the profile of the wall PS.Transverse guides - from the PN profile. On walls, floor and ceiling in places of marking we glue a sealing tape. Over it with the help of dowels and screws or nails we fix vertically the PS profiles. To them we mount the transverse profiles at a distance of about half a meter from each other. From the guide profiles filled with a bar, we make a doorway, fixing the profiles with screws.
- On one side of the finished frame we attach a double layer of sheet drywall. Inside the frame, we lay the electrical wiring if necessary, and we place the selected soundproof material on top of it. Try to put it without gaps, overlapping with the ceiling and floor. The material is attached to the gypsum board with screws.
- After that, the drywall is installed on the second side of the structure. This is also produced in two layers with mandatory joints for strength.
Installation of soundproof material in the plasterboard partition is very easy, while the finished wall allows to protect the room from both extraneous sounds and vibrations. Of course, the only problem of soundproofing is only a partition of plasterboard will not solve. For this, you can and should use a number of techniques.
Additional measures to ensure sound insulation
In the room where the already installed plasterboard wall with sound insulation is still a number of noise sources, which can also be neutralized. These include windows, balcony doors, adjacent to other apartments walls, ceiling and floor.
To improve the sound insulation properties of drywall to seal seams and transitions from it to the walls, floor and ceiling.
For this, in addition, you need to take several effective measures, both for the partition itself and for the rest of the space.
To provide additional noise insulation in the room, you can additionally:
- Remove the slots in the windows and below them;
- Use suspended ceiling to reduce noise from the top;
- Install gypsum boards with soundproofing along the bearing walls.
Thanks to the use of drywall and soundproofing materials it is possible to achieve a sufficiently high coefficient of sound insulation of the plasterboard partitions.
process soundproofing drywall( video)
Such partitions can be quickly mounted, and a variety of sound insulator shown in the construction market will pick up the material with the desired degree of absorption of sound waves that meets all your requirements. And additional measures to eliminate noise in the room will make your apartment a quiet and comfortable place to relax.