for decoration during the repair work is widely used such material as drywall, which is often referred to as drywall. Due to the fact that a special construction mixture is enclosed between a special cardboard or paper, this material is very convenient for finishing the premises. For the finishing of walls, sheets of plasterboard with a thickness of 12.5 mm, the so-called GKL wall sheets, are most often used. But if you want to not only level the walls, but also make soundproofing, use GCR, the so-called acoustic, which differ slightly thicker and have a porous structure. Also consider in which room it will be used. For ordinary rooms for wall finishing, traditional drywall with a usual thickness will do, and for the ceiling or for the organization of arches and other structures, other types with a greater or lesser thickness are needed.
- size sheet wall drywall
- thickness plasterboard walls, used in the decoration
- Wall plasterboard: characteristics
- What is used for the walls: GCR or GOLS
- learn the size plasterboard wall( video)
size sheet of plasterboard wall
depending on the purpose for which the surface intended drywall, they are different markings, size and thickness. Traditional gypsum boards that are used for wall mounting are available in a thickness of 12.5 mm, and their dimensions are from 60 cm to 1 m 20 cm in width, and the length varies from 2 meters to 4 meters.
But more often used when the decorating sheet length dimensions of 2, 5 meters to 3 m 30 cm, and the width of the GCR sheet is 1 m 20 cm. Such sheets are convenient to transport, move around the room. They do not have much weight.
And to work with such sheets is also quite simple. In some construction shops, you can find the sizes of sheets and small format, for example, such as a length of 1 m 20 cm and a width of 60 cm. With such dimensions, GKL can even work as a finisher and alone, because convenient dimensions and light weight allow itTo do.
Thickness of plasterboard for the wall used for finishing the premises
If it was not possible to find such small sheet sizes, then it's okay, you can cut large sheets of GCR using a special knife into the necessary dimensions that are convenient to work with.
- For the finishing of ceilings, slabs with a thickness of 6 mm - 6, 5 mm are used, also such plates are used for mounting any complexCurvilinear constructions;
- In some cases, to save money, you can use gypsum board thicknesses of 9.5 mm for wall finishing;
- The thickness of the drywall sheet also depends on the sound insulation, the thicker the GKL sheet, the better will be the sound insulation.
In any case, the choice of sheet thickness depends on each specific conditions, location and volume of work performed. And also from the requirements that are imposed on the room, in which gypsum boards will be mounted.
Wall plasterboard: characteristics
To finish the walls in rooms used traditional gipskokarton thickness 12 is 5 mm, but if it is planned for the future that a hung on the wall, should be fixed to the crate by two plates for greater strength.
If you want to furnish the room to which special requirements, it is necessary to use different types of plasterboard, for example:
- For the finishing of rooms with high humidity, such as bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, etc., it is necessary to use a special moisture resistant gypsum board. It is easy to distinguish by color. GCR plates have a greenish color. This kind of drywall does not separate from moisture and does not form a fungus or mold.
- If special requirements for fire safety are imposed on the room, then special fireproof types of plasterboard should be used, such GKL boards are red. This type of GCR can be used near fireplace stoves, etc.
- If it is required to combine both moisture resistance and increased resistance to fire in a room, for example in a sauna or a bath, then GKLVO grade gypsum cardboard can be used which, thanks to additional components in the gypsum, moisture resistance and a certain resistance to fire.
After the installation of such specific gypsum boards, they must be treated accordingly. So, for example, when using moisture-resistant GCLO boards, their surface should be treated with moisture resistant fillers, paints and other finishing materials that have a certain resistance to moisture. The same applies to plates that have a certain resistance to fire, they should also be treated with refractory materials.
What to use for walls: GKL or GVL
In addition to dimensions, thickness and purpose, gypsum boards are divided into two types: GKL and GVL.GKL are traditional gypsum plasterboards, consisting of compact cardboard or special paper and gypsum layer. They are used for decoration of premises. Sheets GVL made without shells, and also the difference in them is that the gypsum mixture added cellulose fibers. This increases the strength, and one of the surfaces of the sheet is already primed, which facilitates the processing of this type of slabs with finishing materials after installation.
In addition, sheets of GVL have increased strength compared to conventional GCR sheets, but at the same timeThey have a number of features:
- They have a large enough mass, so they need to be fastened to a crate made of a metal profile.
- As the sheets of GVL are sturdy, they can not be bent or distorted compared to GCR sheets, and they are more difficult to process than ordinary gypsum boards due to increased strength.
As this material is much stronger, it is widely used in construction and interior decoration, especially in places where increased protection from impact loads is required. And also in those places where high demands are placed on the fire and technical condition of the premises. Due to the fact that this material successfully resists the effects of high temperature - it is almost impossible to ignite it. If you want to erect a structure or make a finish in a room with high humidity, then here the sheets of GVL will be the best option. Only it is necessary to purchase plates GVL treated with a hydrophobizing composition, which allows this material to more successfully resist moisture in the room. It is also possible to successfully apply this material when finishing unheated rooms, as the GVL plates can withstand up to 15 to 20 freeze-thaw cycles.
We learn the dimensions of plasterboard wall( video)
What exactly is better than a GVL plate or a GCR plate can not be unequivocally stated, since both materials are good and are used successfully for finishing any premises, including those in which the use of environmentally friendly materials is importantJust the plates GKL and GVL.