Cross stitching is a very interesting, curious and fascinating activity. In addition to aesthetic pleasure, it allows us to develop many valuable human qualities - logical thinking, attentiveness, perseverance, patience. The process of work on embroidery improves the perception of beauty, helps determine its value and significance.
- Symbolics and the importance of cross stitching
- How to learn how to embroider a cross the right way
- What you need for cross stitching: tools
- Learn the rules of cross stitching
- Which crosses of embroidery are used for the work of
- Bullfinch: embroideryCross-stitch master class
- Tips and secrets of cross-stitching
- How and what can I embroider with a cross
- Cross-stitch( video)
- How to embroider a cross( photo)
Symbolics and the importance of cross-stitching
Many believe that thoughts are material. Therefore, it is logical to decorate the interior of the housing with similar images of the desired, so that they are always in sight. The symbolism of embroidery will help you very well in this. Choose for yourself a suitable story, when you look at which you will be filled with positive and kind thoughts. Many embroiderers who have been in the business for many years, know a number of signs.
The meaning of some images:
- If you want to replenish the family, you often embroider pictures of "Sonya", "Almost perfect", "Stork with a child", "Baby", ie. Images of kids. And also a mascot often embroider the image of a phoenix bird. It is desirable to place such significant pictures in the bedroom.
- It is logical to embroider the house of your dreams for the appearance of your own home. In this case, you can give vent to fantasy and portray the summer, a house on the banks of the river or the sea, fenced. And what if it happens?
- For a sound health embroider a still-life of peaches or cranes on a pine tree.
Any single flowers protect couples from quarrels and divorces. The depicted poppies symbolize male power, roses - beauty and mercy, daffodils - eternal life, goldfish - for wealth, horseshoe - a symbol of luck, rings on a red background - to finding love and meeting a loved one, fox - to circumvent cooked traps.
The main thing in meaningful embroidery is that it is undeniably popular with all household members and evokes positive thoughts and emotions.
How to learn how to embroider a cross correctly
If you are a beginner and have a great desire to learn how to embroider a cross the right way, then first of all you should familiarize yourself with the necessary materials and features.
For work you will need:
- Threads for embroidery;
- Special Needle;
- Embroidery frame;
First you need to measure the fabric. On the chart, count the number of crosses along the perimeter, measure the area of the picture on the canvas and retreat another 10 centimeters to the edge of the canvas. Then select the place from which to start embroidering. But as practice shows, it's better to start from the top left corner, so the crosses will go from left to right. Then you can proceed to the first stitch. Thread the thread into the eye and point the needle to the lower left corner of the future cross and diagonally to the upper right corner. Thread through the underside and bring it out in the bottom corner, under the top. To the right diagonally in one color, you need to execute as many stitches as the crosses on the diagram indicate. In the same way, return to the beginning of the row. As a result, you will get crosses, but do not make them weak or vice versa - free. Next, change the desired color and perform crosses similar to the previous ones.
To make the drawing vivid and charming, you should embroider in two or three strings. Thus, crosses turn out to be three-dimensional and can not see the canvas lumens.
For the beginning it is recommended to embroider with simple plots and it is not necessary to adhere to the color scheme specified in the scheme. Rely on your taste. Over time, you will learn how to embroider patterns of any complexity with neat and beautiful crosses.
What you need for cross stitching: tools
Before you start directly to the very embroidery, you should take care of the necessary material and tools.
Basic tools for embroidery:
- Needle. Needles for embroidery require special - short, blunt and with a wide eye. By the length they are also different, they are applied depending on the texture of the tissue.
- Threads. The most famous thread for embroidery is the mulina. This is a natural thread, twisted in 6 strands per one addition. The quality and color palette depends on the manufacturer. Less commonly used are twisted silk, knitting yarn, iris, soft cotton, gobelin wool, metallic thread and acrylic.
- Fabric. Traditional canvas - a fabric with cells, created especially for cross stitching. In principle, any fabric can be used in the work, the main thing is to learn how to work with it.
- Embroidery frame. The fabric of the hoop is huge, the shape can also be selected for individual preferences.
Additional tools in operation are scissors, ruler, thimble and marker for fabric.
It is very important to work in a well-lit place to reduce the strain on the eyes and generally favorable conditions for embroidering.
Learn the rules of cross stitching
In addition to materials and tools, there are many ways and rules for cross stitching. Remembering them, you can quickly adapt to work and not make mistakes. Learn and remember!
Basic rules for cross-stitching:
- No. 1.If you are learning to embroider from scratch, it is recommended to purchase a ready-made kit. It already has everything you need to work, as well as a diagram with a picture. To begin with, you should choose a simple scheme, try it, you can conclude whether you like it or not.
- # 2.Beautiful embroidery depends on the well-chosen canvas, including its color. Thus, in addition to drawing, you can not embroider the background, but leave it in its natural form.
- # 3.To find the right thread color, the final appearance of the embroidery depends directly on them. With the help of appropriate shades it is possible to make it more realistic and natural.
- # 4.For simplicity of work, for beginners it is recommended to mark out the canvas on the squares in accordance with the finished scheme. So you will not get confused and gradually embroidering a pattern on them, you will be guided in the overall composition.
- # 5.Some works are embroidered for years, so no matter how hard you try, they get dirty. Wash them with hands in warm water, and after not unscrewing hang out for drying.
To iron the embroidery with an iron, it should be still damp, only necessarily from the inside and through a wet gauze or cloth.
If during the washing process the threads are started to shed, then the work should immediately be rinsed in cold water and letting drain, making sure that the colored stains have disappeared.
Which crosses of embroidery are used for the work of
There are many types and methods of embroidery. Sometimes, several methods are used simultaneously.
The following crosses of embroidery are distinguished:
- Crosses 1/3, 2/4 and 3/4;
Usually, every needlewoman with experience herself chooses for herself what kind of embroidery she likes.
- English( traditional);
Experienced embroiderers recommend embroidering free-standing crosses and vertical rows in the traditional way, and Danish - horizontal. Following the established methods of embroidery, the crosses are straight, and the wrong side is neat.
Techniques for cross-stitching are:
- The Rhodes seam.
Usually, for embellishment of finished embroidery and its finishing, use a semi-cross, a "back needle" seam and a petit.
It is not necessary to resort to all at once, but combining 2 or 3 kinds is quite appropriate.
Bullfinch: cross-stitch embroidery master class
Let's consider a master class of embroidery with a cross "snegiri".The diagram of the figure can be found on the Internet, where the embroidery and designations are indicated. If you are already familiar with the basics of embroidery, then you can easily understand the notation and the process as a whole.
- Embroidery should be performed in 2 strands of 6;
- Work embroider "back needle", "cross" and "French knot";
- "French knot" in 6 threads of 6, symbol - sketchy circle, in 3 threads of 6 - empty circle;
- In 1 thread to sew the seam "back needle";
- Grapes of rowan embroider in this order: seam "cross" - symbol of the ring, seam "back needle" - thread number 9, seam "French knot" - symbols drawn and empty circles.
Optionally, the edge of the birds can be made using the "back needle" method. Such a method will give bullfrogs a more expressive appearance.
The background of the picture "bullfinches" can be embroidered with blue threads or from the very beginning you can choose a canvas close to the blue shade, so you will save valuable time and work will be done faster.
Tips and secrets of cross-stitching
Every experienced needlewoman has some secrets of embroidery.
Secrets of cross stitching:
- Want to get an amazing beauty drawing, use quality canvas and threads that do not shed;
- To prevent confusion during the thread, measure the section no more than 50 cm;
- Save the thread color for a long time, you need to boil them in a water-vinegar solution;
- The finished work should be ironed at a low temperature;
- Use only special markers for embroidery and no others;
- Do not do knots, for this there are other ways of fastening threads;
- For embroidery use a double or triple thread, then the crosses get straight.
After stretching the embroidery, it should be dried in a suspended state. Rinse the ready work in salted warm water, and then in water with the addition of a small amount of vinegar.
The main secret of embroidery is to enjoy your favorite business!
How and what you can embroider with a cross
You can embroider anything with a dagger - postcards, panels, tablecloths, towels, napkins, curtains, gift bags, clothes, shoes, wedding dresses, etc. In ancient times our great-grandmothers embroidered all the textiles in the house, as well as their own dowry. A special place is occupied by embroidery of paintings and icons.
Recently, the fashionable embroidery has become:
Recently, manufacturers of Christmas tree decorations use fabric embroidery as decor of fabric balls.
Samples of many schemes and finished works can be found in magazines on needlework or the Internet. Cross-stitch embroidery( video) Embroidery with a cross is both a hobby and a whole art. Often it is from her begin to seriously take a great interest in needlework in general. The embroidery technique does not lose its popularity and still remains a favorite occupation of many women, as well as men. Embroidered works perfectly decorate the interior of the room, make a special highlight, make it more complete and refined.
How to embroider a cross( photo)
Embroidery with a cross is both a hobby and a whole art. Often it is from her begin to seriously take a great interest in needlework in general. The embroidery technique does not lose its popularity and still remains a favorite occupation of many women, as well as men. Embroidered works perfectly decorate the interior of the room, make a special highlight, make it more complete and refined.