artworks. The works of craftsmen made in popular patchwork technique amaze and delight. Small multi-colored scraps of needlewomen turn into exquisite household items, as well as real art objects: potholders, pillows, handbags, blankets, sarafans and even whole pictures. However, each master was once a beginner. Where do I start to learn patchwork?
- Patchwork technique: recommendations for beginner needleworkers
- Simple patchwork: patterns for the pattern
- Patchwork: schemes for beginners
- Patchwork sewing technique: master class
- Beautiful patchwork forBeginners( video)
- Patchwork for beginners( photo)
Patchwork technique: recommendations for beginner needleworkers
Patchwork, like any other decorative and appliedArt, has a rich and interesting history of development. In those distant times, when fabrics were created by women manually, and in the price there was every piece of cloth, scraps, as well as worn out clothing, were not thrown away, but were used economically by a careful hand. Scraps turned into rugs, and old clothes - in quilted blankets. Craftsmen, who have an artistic taste, created special patterns, combinations of colors. And over time, this laborious work was highlighted in a special kind of decorative and applied skill.
Modern housewives do not need to use the fabric so economically, and so today they use seldom used quilts for patchwork. In addition, newcomers will be more useful to learn on a new, not stretched and not worn-out time fabric.
It is advisable that you have a sewing machine. You can sew the flaps manually, however, you will have to do a lot of seams, so this robot will not only be very painstaking, but also tedious - for both hands and eyes. And with the help of the machine this work is much faster and more accurate.
What other tools and materials are needed:
- Sharp scissors;
- Millimeter paper;
- Pencil or soap for marking patterns;
When choosing a fabric for patchwork, you should be guided by the following characteristics of the material:
- Make sure that the fabric does not shed;
- It is not allowed that the material after the washing will shrink;
- It is important that the thread weave does not fall off when pruning;
- The fabric should be easily ironed;
- Colors and shades should harmoniously blend.
Beginners in patchwork can be advised to make the first products from two or three different colored fabrics, one of which will be one-color. A great help for beginners will be simple step-by-step video lessons and a photo of the work process.
It is a great temptation to sew your first piece of shiny satin or velvety velor. However, it will still be wiser to choose a smooth cotton fabric.
Simple patchwork: patterns for patterning
Patchwork products are made from the same parts as well as different pieces of flap. Beginners will be more easily able to cope with simple patterns from the same size elements. To do this, you need templates. They can be found in specialized shops for needlework or made with their own hand made of cardboard.
- On the cardboard the simplest geometric figures are drawn: squares, triangles - this depends on the shape of the workpiece for patchwork sewing. This will be the sewing line.
- On the perimeter lay an additional 5 mm( for cotton fabrics) or 10 mm( for silk and satin) for allowance on the seams.
- The template is cut out on the stock line, and then a hole is made in it on the sewing line.
Patterns with slots are convenient not only because they allow you to map all lines of pattern on the fabric. Thanks to the through hole, you can see which pattern will be captured by the flap to beautifully match the patterns.
If you want to purchase ready-made templates, choose instances of transparent plastic. They are also convenient for keeping track of the boundaries of the pattern on the fabric.
Patchwork: schemes for beginners
Do not immediately, without preliminarily preparing to start chaotic grinding of the edges of the shreds. The work of experienced craftsmen only at first glance seem to be sewn from the details in an arbitrary sequence. Look closely, and you will see a clear system for placing all the elements. Therefore, a newcomer in patchwork can not do without a scheme of work, which will serve as a detailed plan for the future of sewing. It is convenient to perform it on millimeter paper, applying and numbering all the elements.
Such instructions will be step by step:
- Sequence of joining parts;
- Their dimensions;
- Color combinations.
Having spent a bit of time designing the circuit, you will save the clock in the future, which would be spent on the painstaking selection of the shred of the desired color, and also calculate the amount of necessary material at once.
Practice in simple and small schemes, for example, for stitches. Divide the square 20 x 20 cm into several simple figures: rectangles, triangles, and practice in composing color combinations.
Patchwork sewing technique: master class
The perfect way to fill your hand in patchwork is to make a pothook for the kitchen. This is a thing that is useful in every home. In addition, since the product is small in size, it can be sewn from narrow cuttings, while the work is done quickly enough.
For tailoring in the technique of patchwork potholders will be needed:
- Multi-colored scraps of different sizes;
- A piece of non-woven or cotton with dimensions of 20 x 20 cm;
- A piece of drapery measuring 20 x 20 cm;
- A tape or tape with a length of 90 cm;
- Sewing machine;
- Threads, needles, pins;
- Paper for the circuit. Having solved this stitch, it is not difficult to make other practical and beautiful household items in the kitchen in the patchwork technique
We perform the work in the following order:
- On paper, we compose the sewing scheme. If the patches for tack are narrow, it is convenient to make a drawing of different lengths of rectangles laid out in a spiral. In this case, the central element is a small square.
- We transfer the developed scheme to non-woven, numbered on it elements.
- We start to sew from the center. We pin the first element with pins to the non-woven fabric and attach it to the typewriter.
- The next flap is applied to the previous face so that the stitching lines are docked and one is stuck.
- Straighten the sewn flap and smooth the seams with an iron.
- We continue to trim the superimposed parts.
- We preform the workpiece to a cut from the dense drape.
- We make edging from the tape, we make out the ends with a loop.
Having coped with such a tack, it is not difficult to make other practical and beautiful household items in the kitchen in the patchwork technique. Any hostess will need a handy mittens in the form of mittens, bright aprons and aprons.
Products made in the patchwork technique will be relevant not only in the kitchen. Very original look in the living room decorative pillowcases on the sofa cushions made in this style. More experienced needlewomen decorate the bedrooms with bedspreads sewn from rags.
Beautiful patchwork for beginners( video)
If you have the assiduity and artistic taste, mastering a patchwork sewing will be an easy task. As you can easily see, you can create original and beautiful elements from nothing, but they will be happy for many years.
Quilting for Beginners( photo)