Tomatoes are one of the main vegetables on our table. Without tomatoes, you can not imagine a single family celebration. Salty, fresh, sliced, whole fruits - anyone will say that tomatoes are the best and most favorite vegetable. Even in summer tomatoes can give the necessary charge of vivacity and the right amount of liquid, in addition, this vegetable is one of the richest for vitamins and trace elements, which are necessary for the human body, both adult and child.
- In which cases do tomatoes in the greenhouse bloom but are not tied up
- Why is there no ovary on the tomatoes in the greenhouse due to humidity
- Why is the ovary falling from the tomato in the greenhouse
- What is so little about the ovaryTomatoes in a greenhouse
- Why tomatoes are not tucked in a greenhouse( video)
When are tomatoes in the greenhouse blooming but not fastened
Each vegetable, as well as each variety of one vegetable culture, has its ownbstvennye timing of flowering and the formation of ovaries. But it happens that a plant, for example, a tomato bush, blossoms abundantly, pleases the grower with his cute little flowers, but after that does not give a single ovary. There is a logical question, why does this happen?Basically, the reason for the absence of the ovary with a large number of flowers is the lack of proper pollination.
For this situation, there are different reasons, consider each of them:
- Violation of the air temperature in the greenhouse;
- Plant feeding;
- Unsuitable humidity level for tomatoes;
- Various diseases.
Each of these items is important for the ovary and germination of vegetables in the greenhouse. If we consider the problems of the temperature regime, then at a higher and lower temperature inside the greenhouse, there are certain problems with pollination of the flowers.
At temperatures above + 29-31 ᵒС the mode leads to sterilization of flowers, that is, to the loss of their ability to fertilize.
As it was explained by scientists on the basis of observations and numerous experiments, even one day with a temperature above these indices leads to a complete impossibility of development of the ovary and fruits from the flowers of the plant. Also problems with fertilization of flowers can arise in a situation when the air temperature in the greenhouse falls below 15-14 ° C.In this case, the plant completely ceases to be capable of growth, and to the fertilization and development of tomatoes.
Why there is no ovary on the tomatoes in the greenhouse due to humidity
For the fact that the tomato bushes do not give the ovary, there can be various problems with caring for the plants. Let's consider indicators of humidity of air. Humidity indicators should be taken into account so that there are no problems.
- On the part of tomato bushes( their growth and development).At high humidity, the plant can start to rot, and at a low percentage of this indicator - to dry out due to lack of moisture. When there is a shortage, the plant becomes drooping, and the leaves begin to curl, twist.
- From the flowers side.
- From the side of ovary formation.
- On the part of the formation, development and growth of fruits.
At high humidity values or at its sharp increase from optimum to high, the situation leads to the fact that the flowering plant will start to discard the flowers and, as a result, the ovary simply can not form, since it will not form out of anything. On the other hand, if the air humidity in the greenhouse is low, the pollen will not be able to reach the pistil, but even the one that could already be in the flower rarely sprouts.
The question arises, what to do when the humidity is either insufficient or excessive?In this case, it is easiest to deal with regulation of moisture percentage.
To increase, you can reduce the temperature a little within acceptable limits, and shed the floor of the greenhouse. Increasing the humidity has one condition - to do all the activities should be in the first half of the day, otherwise, you can get a greenhouse effect, which will lead to the death of plants.
For what reason the ovary falls from the tomato in the greenhouse
Ovary is the most important part in the plant, it is from it that any vegetable grows. The ovary of vegetable culture develops from a flower, after it fades. Sometimes gardeners complain that the tomatoes are tied, but the new ovary falls very quickly. But why is this happening?
- Lack of moisture in the soil - while not even the fallen ovary withers, which also leadsTo reduce the yield of bushes.
- Lack of nutrients - the plant does not have enough essential substances and trace elements in order to form and grow an ovary. Here you can safely say that the tomato bush can not form a fruit.
- Too high nitrogen content in fertilizers. This especially affects plants that are at the stage of bud formation.
All of these factors can adversely affect the ovary and cause it to fall, which will at least reduce yield, and the maximum - leave you without tomatoes. The plants are tied only under special conditions.
Any violation of which leads to the fact that the tomatoes themselves are in bloom, but the ovaries do not form.
Once you notice such pathological changes in the growth and development of plants, you should immediately start to look for the cause. Perhaps it's all because of problems with air temperature, and maybe because of humidity or something else.
From what little ovaries in tomatoes in the greenhouse
Often people prefer to grow tomatoes themselves than buy them. This is especially true for residents of small towns, or for citizens who have a dacha site at their disposal. Some manage to grow tomatoes even in their apartment or house. For example, you can arrange a greenhouse directly on the balcony. As practice shows, tomato growing in a greenhouse or a greenhouse often grows much better than in the open ground, but it does not always happen that way. A small ovary can be for many reasons, the main of which is also a meager pollination of flowers or their absence.
All this can occur due to the following factors:
- If you do not water the greenhouse plants badly. Tomato bushes simply do not have enough moisture to form the ovary.
- Few nutrients in the soil of the greenhouse.
- Lack of ventilation. Ventilation in a greenhouse is one of the necessary conditions. Otherwise, you can expect poor ovaries, and hence, a small crop, even in a greenhouse.
Many will wonder: what is this in airing?In fact, this simple procedure on the one hand is of great importance in growing both tomato and other vegetable crops in indoor greenhouses or greenhouses. As is known, in a greenhouse there is no place to take the wind or insects, so the pollination function will suffer to an extreme degree. To solve this problem, you can improve the greenhouse ventilation system, or just every day to air it yourself with the help of doors and windows.
Why tomatoes are not tied up in a greenhouse( video)
Such insects as bees can help with pollination. Perhaps some saw that gardeners put a hive in the greenhouse and under no circumstances destroy it. In this case, we can talk about a natural symbiosis.