Phytophthora is a fungal disease that very often penetrates into greenhouses where tomatoes grow. To save and protect your plants from this disease, you should regularly ventilate the greenhouse, properly take care of your tomatoes. If you have already discovered the first signs of the disease, you need to start treating the culture as soon as possible. How to process tomatoes in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate or other material - read on.
- How to fight phytophthora on tomatoes in the greenhouse
- What varieties of tomato for the greenhouse resistant to phytophthora
- better handle tomatoes from late blight in the greenhouse
- Prevention of late blight on tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Examples of phytophthora on tomatoes in a greenhouse( photo)
How to deal with phytophthora on tomatoes in a greenhouse
Phytophthora non-fungito occur on tomatoes in the greenhouse. Now there are several different ways to fight this disease. Treatment with the following means is required once in 7-8 days, and these methods do not pose a hazard to humans.
The following tools are used:
- Bordeaux mixture;
- Calcium chloride;
In addition, there are various drugs that can treat late blight. They can be found in garden and garden shops, they can also perfectly protect against fungal diseases.
You can start to process tomatoes from the fungus from July, when there are already ovaries.
If the summer turned out to be cold and damp, then you can process the plants early. Also in the summer time it is not necessary to neglect the prevention and then the fight against pests for the harvest will not begin soon.
Which varieties of tomatoes for the greenhouse are resistant to the phytophthora
To reduce the risk of phytophthora in the greenhouse, grow varieties that are resistant to the fungus. Currently, there are several such species.
- Grandee .This is a short-grown variety with large fruits, requires pasynkovaniya.
- Oak .This is a variety with bright red fruits of small size.
- Perseus .They differ in flat form and juicy color, bushes reach 75 cm.
- Persimmon .This sort of tomato grows to 1 m, the fruits are delicious, orange, small.
- Ogorodnik .A tall bush with medium tasty fruits.
- Beam .This variety is distinguished by yellow fruits of medium size, the height of the bush is 55 cm.
- Apple-tree of Russia .The variety grows to 1 m, the shoots are thick.
- The orange miracle of the .It is distinguished by flat fruits of orange color, a very useful variety.
- Carrot .This variety is distinguished by bright orange fruits of medium size.
- Juggler .Tomatoes are bright red, differ in an even round shape.
- The lights of Moscow .A variety that early sings gives a good harvest of dark crimson color. Very well kept.
All of the above varieties are not afraid of fungal diseases or carry them in a mild form. You can also plant varieties that mature very early, they manage to ripen before the disease, and then the bushes with the fungus can simply be removed. It will not harm the vegetable garden, the harvest will be saved.
The better to process tomatoes from the phytophthora in the greenhouse
How can tomatoes be treated with phytophthora?There are several options to help cope with this disease. Someone prefers folk methods, but someone more likes the preparations of their store.
It is recommended to alternate different means to prevent phytophthora from getting used to anything.
The first time the plants should be treated after planting, and then follow the rate of growth and humidity in the greenhouse. Spraying is necessary only in dry weather and until 3 pm. To prevent diseases in the greenhouse, you can use certain methods.
- Tincture of garlic with potassium permanganate .2 heads of garlic very finely chop and pour 200 ml of water, leave for a day. Then strain, dilute 8 liters of water and dilute the potassium permanganate at the tip of the knife. Treat this agent every 2 weeks.
- Trichopol .The tablet of this drug is dissolved in 1 liter of water, spraying done after 13 days.
- Serum from milk is a popular remedy for phytophthora. Serum from the sour milk is diluted with water in proportions of 1: 1.Sprinkle this plant composition throughout July every day.
- Ash .She sprinkled beds before watering 7 days later planting seedlings. The procedure is done repeatedly during the setting of the fruit.
- Milk and iodine solution .In 8 liters of water pour 1 liter of milk 0.5% fat and 8 drops of iodine. After 9 days, the solution is sprayed with plants.
- Tincture of rotted straw .1 kg of straw rot is poured into 8 liters of water, add a handful of urea and leave for 2 days. Then filter and use for tomatoes every 12 days.
- Ordinary salt .200 g of salt is dissolved in 8 liters of water, the resulting solution is green, but already formed tomatoes once a month.
- Copper vitriol .95 g of copper sulfate is diluted in 8 liters of water and sprayed once a day before flowering.
- Yeast .In 8 liters of water dilute 120 g of yeast and pour tomatoes with this solution, when the fungus has just begun to develop.
- Phytosporin is a drug that can be found in the store. It should be applied according to the instructions, the first treatment should be carried out, when only the first ovaries appear, then the plants need to be sprayed every 8 days. Also, this means you can water the soil before planting.
All of the above tools are effective if used in a timely and correct manner. If you take funds in the store, then be sure to pay attention to the instructions for use.
Prevention of phytophthora on tomatoes in the greenhouse
The prevention of phytophthora in greenhouses is a special place in the matter of getting rid of tomatoes from fungus. After all, even timely treatment can result in making the crop unattractive, and the bushes are ugly.
So, to prevent the appearance of rot, you can use the following methods:
- Pour after planting the bushes with a solution of copper sulfate.
- Spray a few days after planting with potassium iodide diluted in water.
- You can also treat plants with "Epin".
- An excellent means of preventing the fungus is a solution of sour milk, a glass of ash and honey for 8 liters. Sprinkle with this mixture you need tomatoes every 7 days.
- To prevent the phytophthora from appearing in the greenhouse, clean up the web and dust regularly, watch for moisture and temperature.
- Regularly ventilate the greenhouse, watch for watering, it should be rare, but abundant.
If you take timely precautions, the fungus will never penetrate into your garden.
Methods for combating tomato phytofluor in a greenhouse( video)
In conclusion, it should be noted that it is possible to get rid of phytophthora in the greenhouse, but it is better not to let it occur at all. Cultivate resistant to this fungus varieties, which are now very many. Also, take care of your tomatoes correctly, clean the greenhouse in a timely manner, and if you notice the first signs of fungus development - get or use folk methods and cure your plants.