press fittings are widely used for connecting plastic pipes. So you can equip the water supply, sewerage, heating system. The acquisition of these elements and their use does not require special skills, everything is quite simple.
- features crimping fittings on metal pipes
- Classification press clutches
- Types crimping presses
- Using a tool for press fitting the installation pipes
- Proper operation of a press fitting( video)
features crimping fittings on metal pipes
First we need to determine what constitutes a press fitting. There are several types of couplings on the market, but the arrangement of all varieties is the same. As a rule, the composition of the elements does not change.
Components of the compression fitting:
- Housing. Defines the shape of the structure. In appearance, the fitting can take the form of a corner, a tee, a coupling. Material of manufacture - brass or copper.
- Sleeve. It forms the basis of the design. The material of manufacture is stainless steel. On the top of the sleeve mount pads of a special tool for crimping when using the element. If properly compressed, the part will store the acquired form for a long time.
- Clip. It looks like an elastic ring. The functions of the element include the connections of the sleeve and the housing, the role of the gasket, the protective connection.
use a special tool for press fitting installation. This is a crimping press. There are manual and hydraulic device.
Press fittings for metal-plastic pipes create a reliable hermetic structure. That is why they are widely used for connecting heating pipes.
The market offers a wide range of different parts. This allows you to create in the apartment any wiring. To install a linear pipeline, an adapter and a coupling are used. In the places of branching and turning, you need a tap, a tee, a corner, a nipple. You can apply multi-threading to connect pipes of different manufacturing materials.
If metal-plastic pipes have the same dimensions, then couplings are used. With different material of manufacture and sizes, use adapters. Their types may differ. It is necessary to make a thread on the end of the pipe to fix the fitting. Distinguish the external and internal threads.
Classification of press couplings
A soldering iron is often used to connect different pipes. To replace the pipes, they are dismantled and the water supply is cut off. Further, the pipes of the required dimensions are cut. Then they begin welding. But such work is laborious enough, and the cost of the welding machine is high.
Press fittings are considered to be affordable and convenient elements for pipeline installation. It is possible to fix the water supply or the heating system.
Metalloplastics pipes are the most popular option on the market. It's easier to work with them. These processes can be done by themselves. First you need to decide on the type of fitting.
metal fittings Types:
- Transitional options. They are used for plastic and steel pipes at the same connection point. So you can fix two pieces of pipe.
- Collet elements. Used for crimping cylindrical parts.
- Press fittings. Widely used for water and sewage. This is a reliable and high-quality system. The ends of the pipes are inserted into the fitting and clamped with a special tool.
Fittings are sufficiently reliable elements. For greater tightness, welding is used. But this is an unjustified waste, to use enough couplings.
There are several types of crimping presses for metal-plastic fittings. They guarantee a reliable and quality connection. Use a special tool for pressing - tongs.
At home use manual varieties that do not require additional knowledge and skills. It is enough to pre-cut the pipes. Then the ends of the branch pipes are inserted into the fitting and clamped with the help of ticks.
It is important to understand which ticks are best for certain jobs. For domestic work use a manual clamp. But for professionals there are hydraulic devices.
A more serious installation tool is a hydraulic or electromechanical device. Such mites have many different clamps. At home, these tools are not used, since multifunction pliers are used to fix several points at once.
Use of a tool for press fittings for the installation of
pipes. For crimping a metal plate, use crimping pliers. There are manual and automatic models. For domestic work, the first option is enough.
When buying pliers, it should be noted that the tool is designed for a specific pipe section. You can purchase a device with a special insert, which expands the possibilities of ticks.
No special knowledge and skills are required to select fittings for pipes. First, the device size is determined. Then pay attention to the quality of the product. In this issue, be guided by popular companies with a good reputation and certified products. Some options have an improved configuration.
Marking of improved models:
- OPS - characterized by the presence of a step-type lock, which increases the clamping force;
- APS - automatic system allows you to independently determine the clamping force.
Fitting of fittings depends on the design of the pipes. The press fitting is a housing with a special sleeve. But the installation of elements necessarily involves the use of a special tool.
Sequence of mounting technology:
- The pipe must be cut at right angles. For this, it is better to use a pipe cutter.
- The end of the pipe is processed by a calibrator. A special device aligns the cut, removes the chamfer.
- A sleeve is put on the pipe.
- In the prepared place on the pipe, insert the housing. It is important to insert the nozzle firmly.
- The fitting is clamped with ticks.
Do not disassemble after connecting pipes. Of course, at home, it is impossible to perform these works without ticks. But the result is a sealed joint.
Correct work with the fitting press( video)
Press fittings are able to provide a reliable and hermetically sealed connection. But to work with them, a special tool is required. With its presence, the installation technology is quite simple, you can manage it yourself.