In the cold season it is very important that the house is always warm and cozy. Warm air in the apartment make batteries. Today, manufacturers of heating systems offer the consumer batteries. These heat exchangers can be made of different materials and have different characteristics. When choosing new batteries, it is very important to study the characteristics of the proposed product, because some batteries can be ideally suited only for independent heating, and others on the contrary, put everywhere. Also, before choosing a model, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the main criteria that heating systems must meet.
- Description of metal heating radiators
- Advantages of steel batteries
- Main technical characteristics of steel panel radiators
- Steel radiators: technical data
- Mounting of steel radiators( video)
- Examples of steel radiators(Photo)
Description of metal radiators for heating
There are several types of radiators that useDemand. Metal radiators are cast-iron, in a modern design they have a variety of designs. They still have high heat emission. Also, cast iron - metal, which has high resistance to temperature changes.
Differ reliability and longevity.
Aluminum batteries have won the market thanks to their weight. Batteries made of this metal are very light, easy to install, economical. A huge drawback is that aluminum is very thin, which means it is easily damaged and does not withstand sharp temperature changes. Such batteries are suitable for independent heating. Bimetal radiators are made of 2 kinds of metal - steel and aluminum. This combination enhances heat transfer and reliability during the operational period.
Before determining which radiator to choose, it is necessary to collect the following information:
- Pressure and temperature in the common central system;
- Stability of the structure to the thermal and qualitative characteristics of the coolant;
- Area for calculating the required radiator power;
- Decide on the design of the radiator, which will fit perfectly into the overall interior.
Steel variants, due to their characteristics, are today considered to be the best option for an apartment and a house. If you select radiators in accordance with these criteria, they will last a long time and will work with maximum heat output.
Advantages of steel batteries
Today, batteries made of steel are considered the most sought after, due to their characteristics and heat transfer properties. Modern steel radiators are of different design and shape, have a different volume. Also manufacturers offer radiators of this class of different design and color. Steel batteries are divided into 2 types.
Panel radiators today are made of high-quality steel using the latest technology.
In turn, panel batteries differ in the panels and convector heat exchangers in the heating structure. Due to the fact that the steel batteries have a solid construction, the installation is quick and easy. Radiators of this type have high heat transfer, because the entire surface of the battery is heated, and convectors create a movement of heated air. No matter how bad it is, the panel radiators are very economical, since a small amount of heat carrier is used during the heating process. The advantage of panel radiators is a safe panel that does not have sharp corners. This parameter is very important when there are children in the house. The shortcomings include low resistance to temperature changes. Sometimes, in the event of a water hammer, welding seams can crack. To avoid such trouble, experts recommend installing a reducer, which will damp the impact of water pressure. Also, when using a non-quality coolant, steel panels quickly fail. Panels are afraid of mechanical damage, for this reason it is necessary to monitor the quality of transportation.
Models have many advantages, such as:
- Easy installation;
- Easy care;
- The possibility of installing a thermostat.
Tubular radiators are manufactured by stamping. Can have several variations in the form of vertical pipes or individual sections. In both cases, steel tubular radiators are a non-separable welded structure. Thanks to a uniform warm-up, this type of battery quickly heats up and gives off a lot of heat. To date, manufacturers offer a huge range of design solutions for steel radiators.
The main technical characteristics of steel panel radiators
The design of the panel radiator combines the properties of a battery and a covector. The radiator panel of this type consists of 2 profiled plates that are welded together.
This type of heater is manufactured using the stamping method.
Vertically arranged channels are formed from high-quality steel, through which air circulates during heating. Panel modifications may vary in size, and the depth depends on the number of panels and can reach 17 mm.
Panel versions have the following technical characteristics:
- Operating pressure in the range of 6-8.5 atm;Pressing pressure does not exceed 13 atm;
- The maximum temperature of the heat carrier is not more than 110-120 ᵒC.
The panels have several options for connection to the heating system. The most expensive is considered the bottom connection. With this connection, a thermostat connection is required. In other embodiments, the thermostatic valve can be limited.
Steel radiators: technical specifications
It is generally accepted that 1100 watts of thermal energy must be supplied per 1 m2.But sometimes these calculations turn out to be wrong, because the climate and battery materials are not taken into account. For a qualitative calculation of the required power of the radiator, you can use a specially developed online calculator, which will help to make the most correct calculations.
Regardless of the type and type of modification, the radiators from steel have such technical characteristics:
- The heat transfer parameters can vary from 1200 to 1800 W.The figure is influenced by the size, brand and model of the radiator. The process of heat release is directly produced by radiation and transmission by convection.
- The operating pressure in panel radiators can range from 6 to 10 atm. In tubular radiators - from 8 to 15 atm.
- To protect against the influence of a poor-quality coolant, metal radiators are covered with a special layer.
- The steel battery can withstand temperatures up to 110-120 ° C.
- Steel models have side and bottom connections, which makes it possible to hide the connecting pipes in the floor or the wall.
- The length of the panel can reach 3 m. In height - from 20 to 90 m. Tubular and sectional versions can be of different sizes.
- The thickness of the steel wall of the radiator can be from 1.16 to 1.26 mm. The higher the figure, the more reliable the battery.
Thanks to these characteristics, steel radiators can be used in private houses and apartments. Summing up, we can safely say that iron batteries have significantly improved their properties and technical characteristics since their birth. The most popular types of radiators are panel and tubular, which are made of high-quality steel. The number of sections affects the speed of heating the air.
Mounting of steel radiators( video)
Heating steel systems have high technical characteristics, which are indicated by numbers. The higher the figure, the better the radiator. When choosing a radiator in a store, you should familiarize yourself with the technical characteristics of all the proposed models. Also in advance it is possible to familiarize with the most popular firms and models.