When deciding to install a heater on waste oil, remember that it is suitable for heating garages, greenhouses, sheds andOther premises, except for residential. Also on the waste oil can work and a steam generator, used in industrial and construction purposes.
- OIL BOILER: GENERAL INFORMATION
- Operating boiler: operating principle
- Waste oil boilers: advantages and disadvantages
- Waste oil heating boilers: unit assembly
- How to make the boiler on wasteOil with own hands
- How the waste oil is operated( video)
Oil boiler: general information
The need for heating small rooms arises quite often. Owners of garages or sheds, greenhouses or greenhouses try to equip the premises with a heating device with the least expenses for fuel. Recently, heating boilers have been gaining popularity, which uses used oil as fuel.
This fuel is in excess of car owners and its use causes minimal damage to the environment.
An oil boiler can be assembled by hand from an old gas tank or a fully assembled construction.
Among the purchased boilers are:
- Two-rotary boiler "TeploTerm" is a reliable, economical and uncomplicated boiler in the waste oil. The higher the power and the greater the capacity of the water jacket, the greater the consumption of liquid fuel.
- The boiler "GeKcon" - Kurlykov's work does not require preliminary cleaning and heating oil. In addition to oils, it also allows the processing of brake fluid.
- Hot water boiler for working out the "Mustang" - this furnace can be used both for industrial purposes and in domestic.
Autonomous heating with oil wastes is potentially dangerous, therefore, if you assemble the structure yourself and operate it, you should adhere to the safety rules. All stages of work should be done slowly and according to the instructions, even the smallest mistake can lead to undesirable consequences.
Quarrying boiler: operating principle
The heating value of used engine oil is higher than that of pure diesel fuel. This nuance should be taken into account if you make a heating boiler on your own.
is required. Recommendation: Use cast-iron heat exchangers, they can withstand high temperatures.
The principle of the boiler is quite simple. The oil pump sends the waste oil straight through the hose to the evaporator chamber. This element of the boiler is made of a strong metal, capable of withstanding large temperatures. At the same time, the oil evaporates at the very bottom. Oily vapors are mixed with air inside, they heat the water jacket. This mixture enters the combustion chamber, where it completely burns and heats the coolant. The very products of combustion enter the chimney and are led out.
- Do not leave working appliances permanently unattended;
- In addition to oil, do not burn other materials in the boiler - this may damage the unit;
- Ensure that no water enters the boiler, especially on its hot spots;
- Do not block the burner;
- Do not add oil to the boiler during operation.
Specialists warn that constant operation of the boiler at full capacity can lead to malfunctioning of the unit or its rapid breakdown.
Waste oil boilers: advantages and disadvantages
Waste oil heating boilers are very simple to use and require very little cost for installing and refueling the boiler.
When using the boiler, the main problem can be solved - heating the room and at the same time disposing of used oil.
It is possible to note a lot of advantages of the boiler on the working, which makes it very attractive for the owners of garages, greenhouses and other premises that need heating.
- Very cheap fuel is used for refueling, oil is synthetic, mineral, transmission. You can also use their mixture in any proportions.
- Fuel burns almost completely, leaving no waste. This boiler can be considered environmentally friendly.
- The cost of the boiler is low, it pays for one season of use of the device.
- Possibility to assemble the boiler yourself from inexpensive parts.
- Easy to assemble the boiler. In this case, it consists of a small number of parts, which reduces the risk of structural failure.
- The room warms up rather quickly and there is the possibility of constant heating in case of a drop in temperature in the room.
The domestic heating boiler is very easy to use and does not require special skills for assembling and installing the boiler on the working site. It can be connected to water and create a water heating system.
Has a boiler and its minuses:
- High requirements for fire safety. In the room where the boiler is located, there must be a fire extinguisher in case of fire.
- The boiler room where the appliance is located must be well ventilated. When the boiler is working, the oxygen in the room burns out strongly, so fresh air is mandatory.
- To ensure normal operation of the boiler, it is necessary to clean it frequently.
- Special filters are used to clean the oil from various impurities.
When installing the boiler, do not forget about the presence of a chimney at least 4 meters in length, which requires periodic cleaning. Proper operation and proper maintenance will allow the boiler to be used for a long time.
Waste oil heating boilers: unit assembly
In order for the boiler to function, a tank with fuel must be located next to it. According to the fire safety technique, the used oil reserves must be at least 20 m away from the operating boiler. At the same time, it is necessary to solve the problem of feeding oil to the boiler.
A special challenge is to pump fuel in the winter when the oil becomes more viscous.
Before assembling the unit itself, it is necessary to prepare drawings showing all the component parts.
The operating boiler contains the following parts:
- The boiler body is a cylindrical tank made of metal, ideally from a cylinder inside which the boiler elements collect;
- The burner is an indispensable part of the device, where oil accumulated, heated to a high temperature;
- Oil pump - helps the oil to reach the combustion chamber;
- Filters for fuel - filter oil from various impurities;
- Circulation pump - maintains a certain liquid head in the heating system;
- Compressor - helps the air enter the secondary combustion chamber.
It is important to install a chimney through which the smoke generated during the combustion of the oil will escape.
How to make a waste oil boiler by yourself
The simplest example is a boiler consisting of two pipes, possibly of different diameters, interconnected by a pipe with holes around the perimeter. The lower tube is the container into which fuel is supplied. The upper tube is the chamber for the heat exchanger. There we place compactly laid pipes to maximize the transfer of heat to the water that will run through them. Between them is a pipe with arbitrarily drilled holes in it - it's a combustion chamber.
The most common oil boiler for heating can be made from a simple cylinder.
For work, you will need a bulgarian with a circle around the metal, a welding machine, a puncher, a hammer, rivets, a sledgehammer and, most importantly, a structure assembly circuit.
- Cut the bottom of the tank so that a small capacity is obtained. Top this container with a sheet of iron with a thickness of at least 3 mm with an opening for the future combustion chamber.
- The upper part of the cylinder can also be cut off with a bulgarian so that a pipe remains. In it we place and fix the heat exchanger and output the supply and return outside the boiler.
- The top cover is installed back, adapting the mounts for it. It is desirable that everything was as tight as possible.
- At the top of the cover, make a hole under the air duct, with a diameter of at least 100 mm. There we attach a flap.
- We supply fuel to the fuel tank, it can be both upper and lower. The top feed will be more reliable, as it will be possible to regulate it. The lower method is that the oil will need to be pushed out, this can be done by means of ordinary draining from the tank by means of a submersible oil pump.
The heating system should be assembled before connecting all water pipes. Additionally, a fan and a hole for the exit of warm air can be embedded. The fan is best placed just above the combustion chamber.
All parts are assembled together, the legs are welded and it is desirable to be attached to the wall. The place should be heat-resistant. The hole under the chimney should also be around of incombustible materials around.
Operating principle of the waste oil boiler( video)
For self-assembly, the operating rules of the boiler must be strictly adhered to. Everyone should understand that children should not be allowed to work on the boiler and do not leave flammable objects near the structure.