Surface pumps are very easy to use and are a simple construction. Due to this, they enter the economy class among other professional pumping units.
- How the surface water pump works
- The nuances of the device: the pump's suction depth, what is it?
- How to connect the water pump
- How the centrifugal pump is started
- Installation of the surface pump( video)
How the surface water pump works
Surface pumps are divided into several types. Each species is designed to take a specific volume of water. The principle of operation of such pumps is similar to each other.
If you need water to water the beds or to pick up the barrel, it is better to use a surface pump with a low output. If you are going to constantly draw water from a well, it is better to stop your choice on self-priming surface pumps.
The principle of operation of these pumps can be divided into several stages:
- Pump installation in the water source: river, lake and well;
- Switching on the pump;
- Water intake from the source by hose;
- The pump stops if it is raised higher than 8 meters from the water source.
The principle of operation of the pump is not fundamentally different from that of other pumps. The principle of operation is to take water from a source and transfer it through hoses to the right place. When choosing a surface pump, consider the purpose and volume of water that you want to pump out from the source.
Nuances of the device: the depth of the pump suction, what is it?
Each pump has its own characteristics, properties and parameters. Among them - the depth of absorption. This concept, which often describes the quality of the pumping station.
The suction depth is a kind of "height" that shows how deep the pump can go to pick up water. This parameter varies from pump to pump.
There are 3 types of pumps for suction depth:
- About 5 meters;
- About 15 meters;
- About 30 meters.
The higher the suction depth, the better
The suction depth indicates the efficiency of the pump. The greater the depth, the longer the pump can pump water from the source.
When choosing a surface pump, pay attention to the suction depth. This is not so important parameter to overpay for it at times. But if you are looking for an effective pumping unit, then consider this characteristic.
Explain how to connect a water pump
Connecting a water pump is an important step in creating an uninterrupted water supply system and obtaining water for your own needs. The correct connection depends on the speed of water pumping from the source to you.
For the connection of a water pump it is better to investigate a serial instruction so as not to miss an important stage of the connection. This will help you not to get confused and quietly connect all the necessary parts of the water device.
How to connect a stationary pump:
- Install the adapter on the branch pipe. This will provide a difference for different threaded connections;
- Take a powerful power cable. It must meet all the requirements, since we put it in the water. In this case, the insulation of the wire must fully cope with the presence in the water for a long time;
- We use couplings for connection. These are shrink tubes that create waterproofing;
- Duplicate the internal check valve with an additional metal valve;
- Next, hang the pump along the axis of the well or well;
- We fix the pump for stability with the help of the eyelet.
Following these simple steps, you connect the water pump in two counts. The main thing to remember about safety and use only those wires that are well insulated from moisture ingress.
As you can see, the pump connection is a simple process. It requires only care and a little time. Connect the pump correctly, follow the safety rules and then the cherished water will flow from the other end of the hose.
How the centrifugal pump is launched
The centrifugal pump is one in which water moves by centrifugal force, providing the necessary pressure. Hence the corresponding name of the pump.
The launch of a centrifugal pump has its own characteristics and conditions, without which it simply will not start. Among them - the presence of water. Do not run the pump without water, otherwise it will fail.
The start-up of a centrifugal pump can be divided into several stages:
- Pouring water;
- Unscrew the valve at the manometer;
- Close the latch
- We start the electric motor;
- We are waiting for the code of the pump to reach the required number of revolutions;
- We follow the pressure shown by the manometer;
- We open the tap of the vacuum gauge and the valves on the water supply pipes in the direction of the stuffing boxes.
- We use water.
Start the external pump in series, according to the instructions, so that it does not break.
When starting the pump, if you confuse the sequence of actions, the pump can simply break down immediately, or over time. Therefore, it is worthwhile to follow all the steps one by one, without disturbing the order, so that such a device does not fail.
The centrifugal pump is started in steps. Do not treat the start-up of the device negligently, otherwise the water installation will fail. A centrifugal pump is one of the popular pumps when it is required to ensure an uninterrupted and powerful flow of water.
Surface pump installation( video)
Surface pump is an excellent device for people who are looking for practicality and good efficiency for water intake. It is lightweight, easy to start up and operate. It is used both for recruiting a small amount of water, and for obtaining water of medium volume.