Open Water is a natural heating system used mainly in private homes, where there is a possibility to install the heating boiler and an expansion tank. If there is no possibility to connect a gas boiler, it is possible to use boilers for working or solid fuel.
- How does gravity systems of private home heating: scheme of
- natural circulation of water in the heating system: the pros and cons
- What good one-pipe heating system with natural circulation
- -pipe heating circuit of a private house withnatural circulation
- Types of heating systems with natural circulation( video)
How Does Gravity heating system of a private house: scheme of
Why do owners of small cottages choose a heat supply system with natural circulation?A gravity heating system is considered the least expensive of all available. It does not presuppose the installation of a circulation device, since the movement of water through the pipes rides naturally.
For the heating system needs some boiler pipe, high-quality batteries and expansion tank. The peculiarity of the gravity system is the following: the water heated in the boiler rises through the pipes and spreads through the system, pushing the cold water back into the boiler for heating.
The main condition for the installation of the system - pipes, which carry hot water, should be placed under a slight slope.
The slope of the pipes is needed in order to facilitate the cold water movement from the radiators to the heating boiler. The higher the radiators are on the vertical axis, and, accordingly, the lower the boiler, the faster the coolant will move through the system.
In a gravity heating system made of polypropylene, it is desirable to install a reservoir, an expansion tank, which will create additional pressure and speed up water flow through the pipes. The circulation of the heating medium will be continuous while the heating unit is operating.
natural circulation of water in the heating system: the pros and cons
The gravitational heating system coolant moves through the pipes by gravity, without pumps. The water moves through the pipes, which are placed under a slight slope. The water cycle in the system will be better if the pipes are larger. Plastic pipes are considered standard, although if the boiler overheats, they may break. Metal pipes keep the heat well, they will last longer, although their installation draws financial costs.
The system must remain open, air access is necessary for proper functioning.
With a large volume of water in the tank, gravity heating will be inert. After switching off the boiler, the coolant can move through the system for a long time, heating the radiators. Thus, the temperature in the room will decrease slowly. This system does not depend on electricity.
Gravitational heating has drawbacks:
- is not possible to adjust the temperature;
- If one of the batteries breaks down, the whole heating system fails;
- You can not connect a warm floor to the system;
- Low efficiency.
Judging by the complexity of the installation and future maintenance, it is believed that the heating system with natural circulation is quite clear that the owner has mounted its own hands.
What good one-pipe heating system with natural circulation
single-tube water heating is considered to be the easiest to install and maintain. This heat supply system assumes placing the heating pipes at the maximum height under the ceiling, and the return pipes are located at the bottom and lead back to the boiler.
In a single-pipe system, it is allowed to install the boiler and heating devices at the same level.
The closed single-pipe system is equipped with an expansion tank, which helps to get rid of air in the system and regulates the change in the volume of the coolant in the pipes.
Basic Principles installation:
- pipelines inclination angle of not more than 7 degrees;
- Metal-plastic pipes leading to the battery must have a diameter of 20 mm;
- The volume of the expansion tank is 30 liters, with the fourth part of the container left to be empty;
- Each radiator is equipped with an air-cock, due to which it is possible to expel air from the battery;
- The installation of the thermal head on the radiator will help to adjust the temperature in each separate room.
In one pipe gravitational main heating system, the water level in the tank does not fall below the pipe coming out of it, otherwise stop the supply of hot coolant into the system. To replenish the volume of water in the tank, it is recommended to put a hose with a tap, through which it is possible to replenish the amount of coolant in the system.
It is worth noting that for a two-story house this system is not suitable - in this case a closed heat supply system is needed.
-pipe heating private house scheme
natural circulation-pipe gravitational heating system is much more complicated and more expensive than a single pipe. This heating design assumes the installation of two lines - one circulates hot water, the second one returns the cooled coolant to the boiler. Before you mount the system, you need to make a calculation of the materials.
- Top from the boiler goes tube that interfaces with the expansion tank. The tank can be placed under the ceiling or in the attic.
- At the bottom to the tank is connected a pipe for a circuit with a hot coolant, which leads to wiring throughout the house. On the other hand, a pipe is connected to the tank, leading to the sewage system - for removing the excess coolant.
- Connecting pipes throughout the house are connected, connected to the radiators.
- A return pipe is drawn from the bottom of the radiator, through which the cooled coolant will return to the heating boiler. The return is parallel to the pipes with hot water.
When installing a two-pipe heating system with a relaxed circulation should take into account that the attic space, which is an expansion tank, it is strongly recommended to insulate. In this way, cooling or partial freezing of the heating system is prevented.
It is recommended to insulate the main riser so as not to lose heat.
Proper planning of the location of the boiler and the expansion tank is the key to the efficient operation of the entire heating system. At the same time, the heating boiler should be kept as low as possible, ideally in a basement room specially equipped for the unit.
Types of heating systems with natural circulation( video)
Proper installation of a gravity heating system gives the possibility of using it to 40 years. Such a system is the best solution for a holiday home that can not be connected to a central heating main.