fittings. Special popularity, today, metal-plastic pipes, capable of transporting liquids with a temperature of up to +120 degrees. At the same time, when installing the pipeline, the main issue remains the choice of a reliable and hermetically sealed connection. How it is possible to connect pipes from metalloplastika, and what features has the installation of a metal-polymer pipeline - read below.
- Assembling metal plastic pipes for water supply with your own hands
- How to properly install metal plastic pipes
- Compression joint of metal pipes
- How to connect metal plastic pipes using press fittings
- Collet joint of metal plastic pipes with fittings
- Heating from metal-plastic pipes by one's own hands
- Installation of metal-plastic pipes by one's own hands( video)
Installation of metal-plastic pipes for water supply with their own hands
Installation of pipes from metal-plastic may be necessary in case of laying a new water pipe and organizing a water heating system, replacing the old pipeline or if you need to build pipes, change the wiring.
For today, there are such ways of pipeline installation:
- With the help of welding;
- With special fittings;
- Connection to flanges.
Docking of metal-plastic pipes by welding is one of the most difficult methods, taking up quite a lot of time: welding takes place in several seams.
The easiest and quickest way to connect pipes, accessible to everyone - with fittings.
The fittings can be crimped, flanged, threaded and welded according to the method of attachment to the pipes. Fittings come in different shapes, sizes and types. But all of them are united by the fact that they make it possible to quickly and reliably connect one pipe to the second.
There are also fittings with a faucet that allow you to cut off the water supply. The assembly of water pipes with flanges is rarely used in everyday life because of the bulky appearance.
How to properly install metal-plastic pipes
When mounting the pipeline, various connectors are used: coupling, spider, corners. This allows you to do any wiring: perform pipeline rotations, branching the trunk, connect pipes with different diameters. For bending of pipes a special spring is used. Installation of the pipeline from metal-plastic with its own hands has its own nuances.
So that the pipeline is sealed and reliable, the gasket should be carried out taking into account such recommendations:
- Mount metal plastic only in placesWith limited access to sunlight( without direct UV rays).
- Care should be taken to ensure that the pipeline is not subject to mechanical and thermal, external influences.
- Hidden laying of the plastic-plastic pipeline assumes the availability of inspection hatches in the areas of connecting the pipes with compression fittings.
- Fixing of pipes to the wall should be carried out using hangers and supports.
- Installation of the pipeline through the walls of buildings is carried out using special sleeves with a diameter exceeding the internal diameter of the pipes by 5-10 mm.
In addition, care should be taken to ensure that no abrasions, scratches or other defects are formed on the pipes during installation. Unpack metal pipes should be only blunt objects, and for marking use a soft pencil or marker.
Compression joint of metal-plastic pipes
In private construction and agriculture, most often, a compression joint is used. It is carried out with the help of special PE fittings with a press-fit bushing.
connection can be removed if necessary. In order to perform the connection, a special tool is not needed.
Fittings with a diameter of 2-5 cm are manually mounted. For larger sizes, a chain key is used. To tighten the fittings, you can also use wrenches.
The technology of pipe connection by compression method assumes:
- Trimming of pipes. To cut it is necessary at a right angle with the help of sanitary scissors for metal, technical scissors for cutting polymeric pipes.
- Pipe cleaning, deburring and edging. The surface that will be inserted into the fitting must be clean and free from defects. Otherwise, the pipe may, in due course, begin to flow. Installing the blue nut. The blue-colored nut is removed from the fitting and put on the pipe.
- Install the white clamping ring. The installation is performed by the thickened end of the part towards the long end of the pipe.
- Fitting the fitting. The element is put on the pipe and the crimp metal ring is advanced until it stops. Tightening the blue nut. It is better to twist the nut first manually, and then with the help of a tool.
The disadvantages of the compression connection is that after a while you have to do their broaching. In this case, it can be very difficult to stretch the fittings. Especially if the communication is under the floor. Otherwise, the foundation will have to be dismantled for carrying out the work. To prevent dragging, press fittings should be used for the connection.
How to connect plastic pipes using
press fittings Press fittings are special devices for connecting plastic pipes that are characterized by high strength and durability comparable to the service life of the water supply. The press fitting consists of a body with a union and seals that seal the ring and the crimping sleeve. Thanks to this design, the fitting does not leak. Today, there are a large number of press models that allow any pipe layout.
Press fittings are mounted quickly and easily with a special tool - crimping tool.
The pliers can be both manual and hydraulic. Before you go to buy a tool, you should determine the diameter of the pipes.
In order to connect two pipes of metal-plastic with a press fitting it is necessary:
- Cut the pipe in the right place at a right angle.
- Adjust the diameter of the pipe, and remove the chamfer, using a facelift.
- Wear stainless steel sleeve on the end of the pipe.
- Insert the fitting into the pipe of the fitting.
- Tighten the tensioning sleeve with ticks, and pull the tool handles all the way to the stop.
The work should be done carefully, as it will not be possible to re-compress the fitting, and because of a poor connection, the pipe may begin to leak. Then you need to repair the metal pipe.
Collet joint of metal-plastic pipes withfittings
Collet fittings are special connectors that have two sealing gums in their design. This ensures tightness of the joint. Manufacture of such brass connectors, which makes fittings resistant to corrosion.
The collet fittings have a special dielectric gasket in their device, which makes them electrically insulated.
Even novices can install devices. The device of collet fittings assumes the presence of a special crimping ring, which allows the clamping to be carried out smoothly, without deforming the structure. It is difficult to straighten such a pipe with defects.
There are several types of collet connectors:
- Corner for metal-plastic pipes( internal - B type and external - H type);
- Straight fitting( allows connecting pipes in series);
- Tee( can connect three pipes to each other, either in series or at right angles).
The collet connection is carried out using clamping pliers. You can also use a special press for fittings. In this case, the pipes, before the joint, should be well flared.
Heating from metal-plastic pipes by one's own hands
The organization of the heating system from metal-plastic pipes is quite a labor-intensive work. In order to make the connection and further connection of the pipes it will be necessary to stock up with wrenches, flaring and springs for bending pipes. Before you begin to collect the system, you should clearly determine the location of the boiler, pump, safety group, expansion tank, shut-off equipment, radiators. It should be borne in mind that it is strictly forbidden to fasten any shut-off valve between the boiler and the set of safety elements.
The mechanical filter must be installed before the forced circulation pump.
This will protect the pump operating elements from rapid wear. Install the filter, like the pump, on the horizontal section of the system.
Today, there are several schemes for the distribution of heating pipes:
The first scheme assumes that there are fewer pipes. But, the farther the pipes from the boiler are, the less temperature there will be in them. The two-pipe system assumes both wall mounting and installation of pipes in the floor. It is more efficient, just like the manifold, in which the pipes in the wiring will be much larger than in the first version.
Installation of metal-plastic pipes by one's own hands( video)
Plumbing - this is something without which it is impossible to imagine a comfortable life. For transportation of liquids today use metal-plastic pipes, which can be connected in various ways. You can build a metal-plastic pipeline for water supply and heating yourself. The main thing is to follow the advice of professionals and the technology of connecting pipes!