Unconventional sources of energy include the energy of the sun, wind, and the one produced by the muscular efforts of man. Details will be found below.
- Practical alternative energy: types
- Alternative energy sources: how to obtain
- Alternative energy options
- Home energy sources: options
- Heating for a private house: alternative energy sources
- Current and heatWith their own hands: alternative energy for the house
- Sun and wind as alternative energy
- Free electricity with own hands( video)
Practical alternative energy: types
Alternative energy sources are a variety of promising ways of obtaining, as well as transmission of received electricity. At the same time such energy sources, renewable, and bring minimal harm to the environment. Such energy sources include solar panels and solar stations.
They are in turn subdivided into 3 types of energy generation using:
- Solar panels;
- Combined options.
It is popular to use mirror systems that heat water to high temperatures, resulting in steam that passes through a pipe system and turns the turbine. Windmills and wind stations give current due to wind energy, which turns special blades connected to generators.
Popular use of energy waves, as well as tides.
As experiments have shown, such power plants are capable of producing about 15 kW, which is much higher than that of solar and wind power plants.
From geothermal sources, hot water is widely used for power generation. It is interesting to use kinetic energy in some rooms, for example, in sports halls, where moving parts of simulators are connected by means of rods with generators, which, as a result of human traffic, generate electricity.
Unconventional power sources: how to obtain
Unconventional power supplies are primarily the production of electricity by wind, sunlight, tidal wave energy, and geothermal water. But, besides this, there are other ways using biomass and other methods.
- Receiving electricity from biomass. This technology implies the production of biogas waste, which consists of methane and carbon dioxide. Some experimental plants( humic reactor from Michael) process manure, straw, which makes it possible to obtain from 1 ton of material 10-12 m3 of methane.
- Receiving electricity in a thermal way. Conversion of thermal energy into electricity by heating one of the interconnected semiconductors, consisting of thermoelements and cooling others. As a result of the temperature difference, an electric current is produced.
- The hydrogen cell. This device, which from ordinary water by electrolysis makes it possible to obtain a sufficiently large amount of a hydrogen-oxygen mixture. At the same time, the cost of obtaining hydrogen is minimal. But this generation of electricity is only just in the experimental stage.
Another type of power generation is a special device called the Stirling engine. Inside a special cylinder with a piston is gas or liquid. With external heating, the volume of liquid or gas increases, the piston moves and makes the generator work in turn. Then the gas or liquid passes through the pipe system and cools down and moves the piston back. This is a rather crude description, but it shows how this engine works.
Alternative Energy Options
In today's world, due to some limitation of the natural resources of heat and electricity, some people use alternative energy sources. One of the main directions of alternative energy is the search and use of non-traditional types and sources.
Sources with which to obtain electricity:
- Are renewable;
- Can successfully replace traditional;
- Constantly improving, ongoing development and research.
Equipping with high-power piezoelectric elements of turnstiles in the metro and at railway stations allows to generate electricity when approaching special plates from human pressure. Such operating installations as an experiment are established in some cities of China and Japan.
Green energy is the production of biogas, which can then be heated at home from seaweed. It is established that from 1 hectare of the water surface occupied by green algae, it is possible to obtain up to 150,000 m3 of gas. Using the energy of sleeping volcanoes, water is pumped into a volcano, under the influence of heat and high temperatures, turns into steam, which by special pipes enters the turbine and turns it. Currently, there are only 2 such experimental installations in the world. The use of wastewater with the help of special cells in which there are special bacteria that oxidize the organic material leads to the fact that during the chemical processes, the generation of electrons and, as a result, electricity.
Home energy sources:
variants In connection with the growth of energy tariffs, many people start to think not only about saving energy, but also about additional sources of energy. Some people prefer to make homemade articles with their own hands, and some prefer any ready-made solutions, which may include certain options.
- Installation of solar panels on the glass, which have high transparency, so they can be placed even in multi-storey buildings. But their efficiency even in sunny, clear weather does not exceed 10%.
- For illumination of some areas of the room, LEDs and LED lamps on small batteries connected to the solar panel are used. Enough during the day to charge, thus, the battery to get lighting in the evening.
- Installation of traditional solar panels, which allow you to charge the batteries and from them, through the inverter, partially feed the household appliances and lamps. It is also possible to produce hot water in the warm season by installing a vacuum pump and a heat collector on the roof.
Unfortunately, the choice of additional sources of energy for inhabitants living in urban areas is limited, unlike those who live in country houses. In a private house, there are many more possibilities to make an autonomous power supply. And also make independent or independent heating systems for a country house or a dacha.
Heating for a private house: alternative energy sources
Among the most common ways to generate electricity is the driving force of the wind. It is enough to put a high mast near the country house with moving blades connected to the generator to receive electric current and charge the batteries.
For heat generation, heat pumps can be used; when used, heat can be taken from almost anywhere:
- of the Earth.
The principle of their work, as in the refrigerator, only when pumping through the pump air or water, it turns out the heat. Homemade designs are in no way inferior to industrial ones. At home, you can independently manufacture such structures enough to find drawings and make a windmill to get cheap electricity literally from the air. There are other types and opportunities to get electricity and heating for a private house.
The use of an ordinary generator is effective, especially in the northern regions of Russia, since, with a lack of sunlight, the panels are simply useless.
The same applies to thermal convectors that are designed to heat water. Somewhat easier for the heat to use the boiler on biofuel, as pressed material, pressed sawdust, pellets, including straw and peat are used. But such boilers on biofuel are somewhat more expensive than those working on gas.
Current and heat by one's own hands: alternative energy for the house
Darm power for an apartment or a private house has always interested people, as in recent years, heating and electricity tariffs have only grown. And for economy, many people try to find options for obtaining heat and energy for nothing. For this, different systems are made, including trying to invent an eternal source, and come up with unusual and new ways of obtaining current and heat.
Relative free energy( assembly of solar panels by one's own hands):
- You can purchase solar cell parts in China;
- Independently collect everything;
- As a rule, each assembly is accompanied by an assembly diagram.
- All this allows you to independently assemble the panel and power scheme, in particular an apartment or a private house.
Non-fuel free energy is obtained from electromagnetic waves - any oscillations can be converted into electricity. True, the efficiency of such schemes is very small, but, nevertheless, with the help of specially made devices it is possible to charge telephones and other small household appliances.
True charging will take quite a long time.
professionals. To obtain heat, some craftsmen use methane, which in turn is derived from manure from animals and other wastes. Correctly made system is a good option for obtaining heat energy and heating the house, as well as cooking.
Sun and wind as alternative types of energy
The alternative to getting both heat and electricity is relevant for many people. Small solar energy is the use of silicon-based solar cells, the amount of energy received depends on the number of batteries, the latitude of the location of the houseOr other premises.
Interesting is the technology of generating energy using generators, it's enough to connect a charge controller to the generator, and to connect the entire circuit with the batteries, so you can get enough energy.
Actual use of special thermoelectric converters of heat energy into electricity, in other words, the use of thermocouple from semiconductors. One part of the pair heats, the other cools, resulting in free electricity, which can be used in everyday life. It can be used as energy for children, it is enough to connect a swing with a dynamo to the playground in order to receive a small percentage of electricity that can be used to illuminate the playground.
Free electricity by one's own hands( video)
An alternator or, more simply, a power supply generator is by far the most common way of obtaining electricity. But, despite this, there are quite a lot of opportunities for generating electricity using alternative sources around the globe.