flue pipes in an apartment or a private house deemed mandatory ventilation element. The exhaust design of the chimney can be external and internal. The device of the chimney has different variants of execution. It is important to know what are the sizes, types, specifications for the diversion channels.
- need to install the hood to a gas boiler in a private home
- Types flues for gas-fired boilers
- norms and requirements for gas pipe in a private home
- Sequence gas boiler flue devices in a private home
- Asproperly install the chimney for a gas boiler
- Steps for installing pipes for a gas boiler
- Combating liquid: condensate for a chimney flues
- Species gas boiler hMr. house( video)
- Examples flues for gas boilers( picture)
need to install exhaust gas to the boiler in a private home
Hood used for forced ventilation. Its design includes an air intake, which narrows to the socket. The latter is mounted to the pipeline. This mechanism can be found above the plates. A similar system is used for a heating system, but implementation is different. For the gas boiler, the chimney serves as a hood.
need to install the chimney:
- output of combustion gases and hit an obstacle in the house;
- Throttle for getting oxygen into the system;
- Efficient use of the system.
But these functions are provided with the proper installation of the system. All works on installation and commissioning should be coordinated with the gas service. But when you use a gas cylinder, you do not need the service permission. But during inspections, violations can be found and the system will be banned from exploiting.
Types flues for gas-fired boilers
flue boiler create optimum and safe working conditions, the withdrawal of combustion products. But before installing, you need to select the schematic and the installation variant. Chimneys are divided according to the material of manufacture.
- Made of bricks. For its installation, the necessary foundation, so the installation of the system is carried out at the design stage of the house. The inner coating of the pipes should be fairly smooth. And the brick itself is resistant to aggressive pairs.
- Stainless steel. The material is resistant to chemical and mechanical influences. In appearance, the system has a sandwich construction. In an external pipe made of stainless steel, a product with a smaller diameter is mounted.
- Coaxial design. This is a separate chimney when the pipe enters the pipe. One goes to the oxygen for combustion, on the other - the combustion products come out. Thanks to this, the efficiency of combustion and fuel use is increased. This design is considered environmentally friendly.
- Of ceramics. In appearance, these are heat-insulating ceramic blocks, mounted in a concrete base. Ceramic chimney has many advantages, but the main thing is to properly connect the modules.
Certain pros and cons are suitable for each specific case. The main thing is that the construction should comply with the building codes and rules. SNiP prescribes the correct installation of any type of chimney.
Standards and requirements for a gas pipe in a private house
All work with a chimney, from design to installation, is strictly regulated by building codes. All information is specified in SNiP 2.04.05-91 "Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning".If you ignore these rules, the pipeline will be dangerous when used.
Main regulatory requirements:
- A good draft ensures fast removal of combustion products;
- Thermal resistance;
- All connections must be treated with sealant;
- The pipe section through the roof must be absolutely solid;
- For the collection and discharge of liquid, a condensate collector is provided in the system;
- If you have turns, you will have to install inspection hatches to help control the condition of the chimney;
- The optimum length of the branches should not be more than 1 m;
- Number of turns not more than 3;
- For good draft, the chimney must be higher than the roof structure;
- The distance between combustible materials is 25 cm, non-combustible - 5 cm.
The gas boiler is most often located in a separate room - a boiler room. The tightness of all connections is assumed. All other installation rules are described in the above standards.
The tightness of joints will ensure the insulation of the structure, the combustion products will not go beyond the limits of the system.
Elements of the chimney include a flue, pipes, revision and connecting elements. The flue is a channel that is located at the place of transition of the boiler into the pipe. Revision is used to clean the structure. It is located at the bottom of the chimney.
Sequence of flue gas device in a private house
Allocate internal and external installation system. It all depends on the stage of the layout of the structure. When building a house they perform an internal system. In the finished buildings they carry out the external structure.
The external system is characterized by the need for complete insulation of the chimney. For good work, you will need to follow all the rules and regulations. For the design of the same type of elements. Their connection is quite simple. At the same time, the system is freely available for maintenance.
When installed internally, the system must be installed in a strictly vertical order, without deviations in the diameter of the pipes.
The internal structure requires thermal insulation only in the area that is on the street. The system is unsafe: smoke can enter the room, high fire hazard. The number of elements of the construction is quite large, so the installation has certain difficulties. The operation of the chimney also has its difficulties.
Sequentially internal installation:
- Marking of the structure and connecting elements;
- Chimney opening equipment;
- Connection of the boiler to the flue through a special branch pipe;
- Installation of revision and tee;
- Installation of pipes;
- Attaching clamps to joints;
- Mounting brackets;
- Thermal insulation.
The internal system is mounted on the stage of building a house and erecting a foundation. That's how you can make a safe construction. Due to this the amount of liquid in the pipes is minimal. Otherwise it will be necessary to equip the condensate collector.
How to install a chimney on a gas boiler
The installation of a chimney must be in accordance with building codes. Otherwise, there will be problems with the operation of the structure. All the features of installation are taken into account in a number of rules and recommendations.
- Maximum pipe incline is 30 degrees;
- For the drainage of condensate is meant the installation of a condensate collector at the corners of the system;
- Preliminary consideration should be given to the chapel and revision markup;
- Dampers for stabilization of thrust are mandatory;
- In the street it is required to insulate the pipe;
- When splicing elements, there should not be any cracks or gaps;
- Joints need to be well sealed;
- The installation of the pipe must be in a strictly vertical position;
- You can use mineral wool for insulation, and install a brick layer on top of it.
In addition, special attention should be paid to the material of the chimney manufacturing. It is best to choose refractory elements. The pipe itself should be flat, bends and irregularities are not welcome. Before the work begins, it is necessary to examine the integrity of the structure well. Pipes should be smooth and even.
The main cause of the failure of the chimney is the presence of condensate. At the design stage, it is important to consider draining the liquid from the pipe.
The internal pipe assembly must be easily accessible for cleaning and repair work. In the event of a deviation from the standards, the gas service may prohibit the use of the boiler. It is important to properly and responsibly approach the installation process.
Stages of installation of a pipe for a gas boiler
First, equipment is purchased, all tools and materials are prepared. Also, a project, a scheme and all calculations must be prepared in advance. After that you can build a branch pipe.
How to build a chimney:
- First a preliminary assembly of the structure is performed to ensure the integrity and completeness of the materials;
- The chimney is then connected to a gas boiler;
- All structural elements must be fixed with connecting parts;
- The system is then checked for leaks.
The output of the external pipe from the boiler room is carried out through the wall. Sometimes they can use ready ventilation or a window. The wall will have to make a hole of the right diameter for the pipe and thermal insulation.
You do not need to hurry up with the hole. First you need to make sure the calculations are accurate.
One pipe section is inserted into the hole to be obtained, fixed and insulated. On the street, gradually add sections and make a check with a plumb line. With the help of brackets the chimney is fixed to the wall. The end of the chimney is equipped with a roof.
Fluid control: chimney condensate collection
The condensate collector is a special compartment in a pipe where liquid is collected. But you can reduce the amount of condensate in other ways. So you should use only dried fuel.
Smoke must move freely through the pipes, so the walls of the chimney must be smooth and smooth, with a minimum of bends.
Proper operation of the pipe provides regular cleaning from soot and contaminants. Additional devices are also welcome. It will be necessary to mount a protective hood, a collector, a stop and a tap.
If the temperature of the gases exceeds 100 degrees, the condensate will not settle on the walls of the chimney, but simply evaporate. Compliance with the regulations guarantees the efficient use of the chimney. It is necessary to adhere to all the dimensions and locations of the pipes.
Chimney variants for a gas boiler in a private house( video)
Chimney is needed for any AOGB boiler. It does not matter whether the internal installation or the external is being performed, but the basic norms and GOST must be followed in all. The ventilation ducts of the wall gas boiler must be well insulated and insulated.